Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 04:56 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
I havent read every post.

But Dave Ramsey has a program/plan that can make anyone money, into the thousandaire, millionaire and conceivably billionaire.

Live below your means, save your income and invest it.

We have a lower income, and are late to the party, but in just 10-15 years, we too, will be plus millionaires.

Had i not had serious medical issues years ago, I'd already be a millionaire on my way to billionaire status.

Invested money IS money put to use.

Taxing billionaires WON'T enrich poor people who make poor choices with money. Those who have hefty tax refunds blow it all in a month after getting it. Rarely do poor choice people put their tax refunds into investments. Rarely do they have anything to show for it a year or even 6 mos later. They also apparently dont know how to fill out a w4 so as to keep that money throughout the year. It comes down to poor money management.

Most lottery winners are dead broke in 10 years time from winning. They still make poor choices and blow their winnings.

ANYONE, ON ANY INCOME can spend less than their earn, save 15% of their income lifelong and INVEST FOR THE FUTUREAND become wealthy.

GIVE a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime.

So that you can finally have just enough money to do something right before you die ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 05:13 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,488,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
So that you can finally have just enough money to do something right before you die ...
I can give it all away, to those agencies who will put it to good use upon my death.

Also, you dont have to have accumulated it just before you die

If you employ the principles from teen earning years, you will be a millionaire possibly by age 30. A billionaire by 50-60.

The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett didnt start really making money til in his 50s. Hes now VERY WEALTHY. AND very much ALIVE.

No need to have it amassed only before you die.

Besides, i already died once, I'm on borrowed time already. And i had worked literally til i died. I died at work. Anaphylactic shock allergic reaction resulting in my death.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:16 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
I can give it all away, to those agencies who will put it to good use upon my death.

Also, you dont have to have accumulated it just before you die

If you employ the principles from teen earning years, you will be a millionaire possibly by age 30. A billionaire by 50-60.

The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett didnt start really making money til in his 50s. Hes now VERY WEALTHY. AND very much ALIVE.

No need to have it amassed only before you die.

Besides, i already died once, I'm on borrowed time already. And i had worked literally til i died. I died at work. Anaphylactic shock allergic reaction resulting in my death.

Does not make any sense to have to wait that long to accumulate any money. I simply cut expenses so that I did not have to work like a dog during my prime years.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:45 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I gave an elaborated answer on the primeval origins of "worth" you mentioned. If it contradicts your firmware to the point you do not view my reply as an answer it is ok with me. I believe you have enough of instinctive imagination in you to imagine what would happen if Econ 101 fan club will try to set up 1:10000 labor exchange rates after getting stranded somewhere remote. It will not be pretty. But again your imagination contradicts your firmware so you choose no entiendo route to fight cognitive dissonance.
Still refusing to answer the simple question. I’ll re-phrase it using your terminology, and you can try again.

Why would someone who has labor that is worth $10,000, sell that labor for $1? This is your 1:10000 labor exchange rate, correct? Tell us all about how that happens.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:17 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
But Dave Ramsey has a program/plan that can make anyone money, into the thousandaire, millionaire and conceivably billionaire.
Come on man no jodas. I'm all for saving, investing, living below your means, etc. but nobody is becoming a billionaire by listening to Dave Ramsey. They might do a Bezos and start a company that dominates, or inherit like Walmart kids, etc. but you aren't putting whatever % of a working person's salary away to become a billionaire.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:28 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I gave an elaborated answer on the primeval origins of "worth" you mentioned. If it contradicts your firmware to the point you do not view my reply as an answer it is ok with me. I believe you have enough of instinctive imagination in you to imagine what would happen if Econ 101 fan club will try to set up 1:10000 labor exchange rates after getting stranded somewhere remote. It will not be pretty. But again your imagination contradicts your firmware so you choose no entiendo route to fight cognitive dissonance.
Jesus christ man what a bunch of bull****. You managed to completely avoid actually supporting your argument, instead engaging in lots of hand waving about perception and acting like you've proved anything. Get real, have you found the "I'm right trust me because it's too deep for you to grasp" argument usually works for you in day-to-day life?

Old 02-17-2019, 08:35 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Jesus christ man what a bunch of bull****. You managed to completely avoid actually supporting your argument, instead engaging in lots of hand waving about perception and acting like you've proved anything. Get real, have you found the "I'm right trust me because it's too deep for you to grasp" argument usually works for you in day-to-day life?

I asked him what he does to earn money. He was conspicuously silent. I'm guessing high schooler.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:54 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Still refusing to answer the simple question. I’ll re-phrase it using your terminology, and you can try again.

Why would someone who has labor that is worth $10,000, sell that labor for $1? This is your 1:10000 labor exchange rate, correct? Tell us all about how that happens.
I asked you about who defines "worth", why and how they got there, why that someone tolerates being branded with a price sticker. Those are not trivial questions. You treat "worth" as a constant of nature, it is not.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-17-2019 at 09:12 AM..

Old 02-17-2019, 09:10 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
So you think if you and the best and brightest Econ 101 fans will end up at something remote and isolated, the magic of 1:1000 labor exchange will just happen just because out of sudden you'll realize that 1 hour of your life is worth 1/1000 of that of the next guy because (insert your favorite rationalization), you deserve 1/1000 of space and resourses because (your favorite rationalization) and detrimental effects of that labor to your health are just the right price to pay for (insert your favorite rationalization), you will be given rational reasons why your life and health are much less important and you'll buy it and submit without resistance. Again, you think in terms of an inmate navigating a prison you do not think how that prison was built and why.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:27 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
I love looking at a thread seeing all the posts by user RememberMee that are hidden because RememberMee is on my ignore list.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics