Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 09:52 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,655,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
That's nice recitation of Econ 101 but it is notorious for ignoring the issues of economic coercion,
There is no such thing as economic coercion. It does not exist. Free and willing people engage in commerce - voluntarily exchange hard-earned money for goods and services, thereby making both the buyer and the seller better off.

Quote:
wage slavery
There is no such thing as wage slavery. It does not exist. Free and willing people enter the workforce, and voluntarily exchange their time and labor for compensation from a free and willing employer, thereby making both the employee better off and allowing the owners of the hiring business to be better off. Everyone wins, including Uncle Sam.

Quote:
and sad&bloody economic history of mankind.
Go outside and interview a hundred people, asking them, "does what happened in medieval times or during the Roman Empire have an impact on your life today? and you will get 100 people who say "no, of course not."

Quote:
All that crafting of the products sits on the shoulders of economic if not physical coercion.
Proven false.

I'll not respond to the rest of your post, as it is economic "baby talk" stringing together and misusing words, sounds, and concepts in a failed effort to demonstrate logical thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
The owning class wants to confiscate my time, my health, frequently my dignity and my sanity to facilitate their earnings..
There is no such thing as "The owning class." It does not exist.

Primary shareholders of corporations are public sector union pension funds, providing a pension to public sector employees in their retirement. Add to that individual investors through their 401Ks, college savings, and lifetime nesteggs.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:59 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,048,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
There is no such thing as economic coercion. It does not exist. Free and willing people engage in commerce - voluntarily exchange hard-earned money for goods and services, thereby making both the buyer and the seller better off.

There is no such thing as wage slavery. It does not exist. Free and willing people enter the workforce, and voluntarily exchange their time and labor for compensation from a free and willing employer, thereby making both the employee better off and allowing the owners of the hiring business to be better off. Everyone wins, including Uncle Sam.

Go outside and interview a hundred people, asking them, "does what happened in medieval times have an impact on your life today? and you will get 100 people who say "no, of course not."

Proven false.

I'll not respond to the rest of your post, as it is economic "baby talk" stringing together and misusing words, sounds, and concepts in a failed effort to demonstrate logical thought.

I kind of picture this guy angrily banging away at his keyboard in his mother's basement after getting fired from Arby's. Kind of a 21st-Century answer to Ignatius J. Reilly.

His mom shouts from upstairs, "Did you look for a job today?"

"No, Mom. I'm not going to be a wage slave. I am working on my manifesto that will change the world!"

"Well, manifesto or not, your car payment is due next Thursday. You promised that you'd make the payments."

"Shut up, Mom! Did you get the string for my lute?"

Old 02-11-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I kind of picture this guy angrily banging away at his keyboard in his mother's basement after getting fired from Arby's. Kind of a 21st-Century answer to Ignatius J. Reilly.

"No, Mom. I'm not going to be a wage slave. I am working on my manifesto that will change the world!"

"Well, manifesto or not, your car payment is due next Thursday. You promised that you'd make the payments."

LOL!

Life is short. I put him on my 'Ignore List."

Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 AM

10,764 posts, read 5,683,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

Hehehe!

With each post, he’s looking more and more like Winterfall’s alter ego.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:35 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,089 times
Quote:

Go outside and interview a hundred people, asking them, "does what happened in medieval times or during the Roman Empire have an impact on your life today? and you will get 100 people who say "no, of course not."

Proven false.

Just because you deny history and reality of economic coercion and wage slavery followed by recitation of Econ 101 staples, you do not make your point. We are creatures limited by time (and health). Free people under no conditions exchange their limited resources of time and health at 1:1000+ ratio. It takes coercion, repression and culling or extermination of non compliant or undesirable to achieve those ratios. Talk about "freedom" in the system where 1:10000 labor (loosely speaking) exchange ratios are a norm is ridiculous, save that pitch for your favorite talk radio.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing as "The owning class." It does not exist.

Primary shareholders of corporations are public sector union pension funds, providing a pension to public sector employees in their retirement. Add to that individual investors through their 401Ks, college savings, and lifetime nesteggs.
Denial again. Owning Class: Investors and their family members with enough income from assets that they don't have to work to pay basic bills. A subset have positions of power or vast wealth that put them in the ruling class.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Hehehe!

With each post, he’s looking more and more like Winterfall’s alter ego.
For some reason you believe that your attempt to turn this discussion personal fire me up. Please, I am not bothered by what you call me in the least. It is funny to observe Econ 101 sect mindlessly reciting their chants in between attempts to make an opponent to feel inferior. So freaking childish.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:54 AM

I listen Glen Beck today (I have a strong gag reflex). Today the clown claimed that the right for subsistence means is a form of slavery. Truly Orwellian claim. What's more sad his brain dead working class audience (a few paychecks away from the skid row) agrees with that claim.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:55 AM

2,747 posts, read 1,784,690 times
Quote:
Denial again. Owning Class: Investors and their family members with enough income from assets that they don't have to work to pay basic bills. A subset have positions of power or vast wealth that put them in the ruling class.
Cool, so even though I still work I can pay my basic bills from the assets I've accumulated. How do I know which people I own, want to make sure those slackers are earning their keep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics