Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2019, 01:08 PM

26,194 posts, read 21,615,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
So again, you didn't answer my question. Thanks for proving my point. This is one of over a dozen posts from me that you refused to address. I'm not going to play your game and re-hash everything that's been said. Feel free to go back and respond to the numerous posts you've ignored in this thread alone. We both know you won't do that, however

Again, I understand. You started this thread trying to get financial advise for a situation you wish was true. Not a big deal, but we can't help you educate yourself if you keep lying/trolling like this. Please be honest with us about what you really want out of these threads and we can happily help you. Again, I've spent a long time working in investment and wealth management. We both know the premise of this thread is simply a bad idea. I'd love to help you, you have a lot to learn, but I can't help until you start being honest in your replies. All the best to you Eddie.

Advice is something you give or receive

Advise is something you do

As painful as Eddie’s threads are seeing you use the wrong term 10+ times in a single thread is even more painful. Even more so given your professional background

Old 12-27-2019, 01:15 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,921,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Advice is something you give or receive

Advise is something you do

As painful as Eddie’s threads are seeing you use the wrong term 10+ times in a single thread is even more painful. Even more so given your professional background
What does my background as a programmer, analyst, and project manager have to do with this? In my experience the grammar/spelling police tend to be people who don't have meaningful contributions to the topic, so they focus on trivial things instead. I can call out fragmented sentences from posts you've made, if you want to be petty, though. Let me know if that's what we're doing here.

Stay on topic, if possible.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:17 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times
Quote:
So again, you didn't answer my question. Thanks for proving my point. This is one of over a dozen posts from me that you refused to address. I'm not going to play your game and re-hash everything that's been said. Feel free to go back and respond to the numerous posts you've ignored in this thread alone. We both know you won't do that, however

Again, I understand. You started this thread trying to get financial advice for a situation you wish was true. Not a big deal, but we can't help you educate yourself if you keep lying/trolling like this. Please be honest with us about what you really want out of these threads and we can happily help you. Again, I've spent a long time working in investment and wealth management. We both know the premise of this thread is simply a bad idea. I'd love to help you, you have a lot to learn, but I can't help until you start being honest in your replies. All the best to you Eddie.

You seem to be trying to "win" these conversations, which is odd. This isn't about 'winning', this is about the topic in the thread.
Tell us why it’s bad.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:34 PM

830 posts, read 487,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Even if we say $20k is devoted to living expenses, that still leaves $1,000/month for whatever.
Have you listed out your expenses within that $20/k year figure elsewhere in the thread? It seems pretty low for any sort of comfort/security.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:50 PM

7,168 posts, read 4,567,553 times
Dapper, Eddie has a wife that works.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:52 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Have you listed out your expenses within that $20/k year figure elsewhere in the thread? It seems pretty low for any sort of comfort/security.
If I don’t eat out much ~$10k.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:54 PM

830 posts, read 487,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If I don’t eat out much ~$10k.
~10k what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Dapper, Eddie has a wife that works.
Ah. If that's included in the scenario, he's all set!

Old 12-27-2019, 01:57 PM

26,194 posts, read 21,615,454 times
Quote:
What does my background as a programmer, analyst, and project manager have to do with this? In my experience the grammar/spelling police tend to be people who don't have meaningful contributions to the topic, so they focus on trivial things instead. I can call out fragmented sentences from posts you've made, if you want to be petty, though. Let me know if that's what we're doing here.

Stay on topic, if possible.
You had claimed you worked in the wealth management field, investments and offered some potential planning advice. Given that background one would think you’d know the difference between advice and advise and not trying to pass it off pass a “typo” when first corrected. Obviously it’s not a typo on your part you simply are using the wrong word. You can call out whatever you want but it’s a ridiculous mistake to make as many times as you have

Old 12-27-2019, 01:58 PM

106,779 posts, read 109,020,929 times
all i know is my grammar made great synonym buns

Old 12-27-2019, 02:06 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,921,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You had claimed you worked in the wealth management field, investments and offered some potential planning advice. Given that background one would think you’d know the difference between advice and advise and not trying to pass it off pass a “typo” when first corrected. Obviously it’s not a typo on your part you simply are using the wrong word. You can call out whatever you want but it’s a ridiculous mistake to make as many times as you have
Let's hope you're not attempting to claim the content of what I've said is invalid due to a spelling error. Being that much of a pedant is a logical fallacy (ad hominem, I believe). That said, I apologize for my mistake. I was wrong. You are right. Thank you for your correction. I will make doubly sure to proofread in threads you are a part of. Now that this ugliness is behind us, can you stay on topic and respond to the topic of the thread?

Last edited by Lekrii; 12-27-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics