Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 09:54 AM

896 posts, read 1,140,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
DH and I both receive SS with direct deposit and haven't gotten ours either. Although I was finally able to enter our info into the website it says we are eligible but no date yet. My SS was deposited last week and DH's deposited yesterday but nothing extra and nothing pending. I would have thought ours would have arrived yesterday as well, but it didn't. I actually did read somewhere that the 29th was for people who get SS but don't have to file a return. I guess those people are more important than those of us who actually still pay taxes to the feds.....sorry, a bit bitter about having to pay taxes on our paltry SS just because we have a bit of extra income to be able to live on.

Anyway I have read that if you have given them your info by 5pm on a Tuesday you should get a date the next Saturday and then probably a week later get the deposit. I finally was able to put the info in last Friday so hoping for a date this Saturday. I think it is totally asinine that the IRS and SSA couldn't coordinate efforts for direct deposit info.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason. My dh collects SS, I do not. We have not received a refund in years, but, instead pay. We received our funds today, but, it does not coincide with dh's SS deposit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 12:48 PM

622 posts, read 410,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
DH and I both receive SS with direct deposit and haven't gotten ours either. Although I was finally able to enter our info into the website it says we are eligible but no date yet.
We are in the same boat; we are eligible, it asked for our bank information which I provided. And thereafter, it keeps saying that we will be informed when payment is to be made. I entered my information on the 24th which was last Friday ...... so not sure when the funds will come through.

Old 04-30-2020, 02:11 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Q: I keep getting an error message on the “Get my Payment” site. I know I am eligible. What do I do?

A: It sounds silly, but these hacks have worked for some people.

Enter your address in ALL CAPS.
Enter your information exactly as it is on your 2018 or 2019 tax return
Try entering your address into the USPS site and copy that directly into the address field in the IRS portal
Try entering your social security number with dashes in between like 123-45-6789
Try using a different browser
Try spelling out street instead of just using st

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ions-answered/

Old 04-30-2020, 06:42 PM

7,045 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Q: I keep getting an error message on the “Get my Payment” site. I know I am eligible. What do I do?

A: It sounds silly, but these hacks have worked for some people.

Enter your address in ALL CAPS.
Enter your information exactly as it is on your 2018 or 2019 tax return
Try entering your address into the USPS site and copy that directly into the address field in the IRS portal
Try entering your social security number with dashes in between like 123-45-6789
Try using a different browser
Try spelling out street instead of just using st

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ions-answered/
I'll have to try that tomorrow, I'm locked out today. Everytime I try it says my information doesn't match their records yet my ss is direct deposited every month. Haven't received the stimulus check yet. A little worried.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:13 AM

7,045 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I'll have to try that tomorrow, I'm locked out today. Everytime I try it says my information doesn't match their records yet my ss is direct deposited every month. Haven't received the stimulus check yet. A little worried.
Okay, what I did was to input the address they had on the certification letter they sent and I finally got through. The South part of my address is in front of the street, not after it. It brought up the information that they are mailing my check, not doing direct deposit. Strange.

Thanks for the information on how to do this.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:54 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth224 View Post
From what I've read if you filed a tax return but did not have direct deposit this year (have in the past) BUT your Social Security check is direct deposit you will receive your stimulus payment by direct deposit. Correct?
Hasn't happened yet.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:48 AM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Okay, what I did was to input the address they had on the certification letter they sent and I finally got through. The South part of my address is in front of the street, not after it. It brought up the information that they are mailing my check, not doing direct deposit. Strange.

Thanks for the information on how to do this.
Which certification letter was that? Specific to you or all of us on SSA. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Hasn't happened yet.
Nothing here but we are in a small group. SSA but we file a return every year but they (IRS) don't have our bank info. Though we gave it to them per their portal tool about 3 weeks ago.
Treasury said that the IRS would use the income and such from our 1099-SSA and SSA stimulus checks should have been concluded on April 29th by direct deposit for those with a 1099-SSA.

Not one article has said what to do if it's not received.
We don't know when the 15 days starts in order to wait on the letter telling us when it was deposited or sent.
Maybe Monday May 18 gets us a letter.

Last edited by howard555; 05-01-2020 at 11:58 AM..

Old 05-01-2020, 11:59 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Which certification letter was that? Specific to you or all of us on SSA. Thanks.

Nothing here but we are in a small group. SSA but we file a return every year but they (IRS) don't have our bank info. though we gave it to them per their portal tool about 3 weeks ago.
Treasury said that the IRS would use the income and such from our 1099-SSA and SSA stimulus checks should have been concluded on April 29th by direct deposit for those with a 1099-SSA.

Not one article has said what to do if it's not received. We don't know when the 15 days starts in order to wait on the letter telling us when it was deposited or sent.
Maybe Monday May 18 gets us a letter.
No reason to give the IRS our bank info, but we have SS direct deposited.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:09 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Am I suppose to apply for unemployment insurance first?

Old 05-03-2020, 06:52 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I am currently in Texas, my PO-Box is in Spokane, WA...........guess where they
sent my helicopter-money?????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics