Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 07:56 AM

622 posts, read 410,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
IF your wife does not collect Social Security I would definitely go and fill out the payment tool for her as well. We file jointly I collect my wife does not. It appears as if they are going to send my wife's $1200 to my checking account since my account number popped on screen once I filled out her information. We paid a small amount due on our 2019 return out of this bank account. Still haven't received anything as of yet I am guessing I get mine along with the rest of the SS recipients next week. Hoping my wife gets hers along with me next week.
Thanks for your suggestion. My wife does get SS but I figured there would be no harm in entering her information to see what the response would be.

Well, the result was that the bank account I entered earlier in connection with my own situation was the one that came up for her ........ so all seems well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 07:57 AM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
Tried this morning and I FINALLY got past the "Payment Status Not Available" page.

I got to the you are eligible and asks how I want my payment. Proceeded to enter my direct deposit info and the rest of my tax info I filed for 2018 since no 2019 filed. Now, it states, my info does not match their record. So, still no check.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Tried this morning and I FINALLY got past the "Payment Status Not Available" page.

I got to the you are eligible and asks how I want my payment. Proceeded to enter my direct deposit info and the rest of my tax info I filed for 2018 since no 2019 filed. Now, it states, my info does not match their record. So, still no check.
Just a thought and it may not apply to your situation: apparently all of the data you do enter has to match exactly with the return that you filed. Perhaps you did ensure this was so in which case, please ignore the post. I think the only information needed from your return - at least that was the case for me - is the adjusted income on line 7 and the amount owed that appears on line 22. If there was a refund, the relevant line is different.

All of the above applies to 2018 returns.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:10 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,558,762 times
Try again today, it's happy friday!

Old 04-24-2020, 09:15 AM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Just a thought and it may not apply to your situation: apparently all of the data you do enter has to match exactly with the return that you filed. Perhaps you did ensure this was so in which case, please ignore the post. I think the only information needed from your return - at least that was the case for me - is the adjusted income on line 7 and the amount owed that appears on line 22. If there was a refund, the relevant line is different.

Thanks, but, my AGI and amount owed was pulled directly by looking at my 2018 tax form and I triple checked amount entered on the website to match exactly with the info on my tax form. This is expected from an incompetent and inefficient Government. I'm not surprised.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:19 AM

2,480 posts, read 1,551,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post

Yes. This was my case, exactly.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:31 AM

322 posts, read 384,768 times
Hoping this gives some of you some light at the end of the tunnel.

I logged in to the IRS portal today and it found my 2019 tax return info, which was accepted by the IRS on 4/9. I was able to enter my bank info for the direct deposit.

I'm sure they are backed up with normal tax return filings and on top of that, the stimulus system.

I'm not excusing the system design, but wanted to encourage folks to keep trying.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:03 AM

554 posts, read 684,117 times
Couldn't get in until today. Finally got past the first screen. Entered 2018 info exactly from tax return. "Doesn't match." Then I entered "zero" in the refund box, because I applied our refund to the next year's taxes (thus, never received a deposit.) This time, I get "technical difficulties - try again later."

I've heard they are having problems if you've used a 3rd party service - i.e. H&R Block, Turbo Tax, etc. We were one of the families that did use one of these, so I don't know if that is what is going on. Total crap.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
I've heard they are having problems if you've used a 3rd party service - i.e. H&R Block, Turbo Tax, etc. We were one of the families that did use one of these, so I don't know if that is what is going on. Total crap.
We used TT and it has not presented an issue for us. We did not have a refund and actually owed the IRS money.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:23 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I'm still getting can't be determined.

I don't know anyone personally who has received this.
Success with my social!!! I messed up. I started with my hubs, it gave me an error saying info didn't match. I've been using DOB, address and zip from the history instead of typing it. I then switched to mine, told me it didn't match so I typed the DOB in, it worked! I then went back to hubs and am now locked out for today. So happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
IF your wife does not collect Social Security I would definitely go and fill out the payment tool for her as well. We file jointly I collect my wife does not. It appears as if they are going to send my wife's $1200 to my checking account since my account number popped on screen once I filled out her information. We paid a small amount due on our 2019 return out of this bank account. Still haven't received anything as of yet I am guessing I get mine along with the rest of the SS recipients next week. Hoping my wife gets hers along with me next week.
Agree, everyone should at least try both socials in the get my payment tool unless you're both social security and don't file a return then go to the non-filer link like my friend did

I get SS disability, my hub works. I just did my social, it took it, plus entered our joint bank account which isn't the same as my SSD gets deposited in, so it will go to my hubs bank which is fine since he's not working. I'll have to see what tomorrow brings when I retry his if I can enter the main bank account he uses for his work checks or the house account. My hub has 3 accounts. It may have to go to the joint since that's what's already entered

Last edited by Roselvr; 04-24-2020 at 11:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics