Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 02:11 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
So I should enter mine like this?

1112 127 St

I was doing it like this: 1112 127th St
1112 127th St - that should be the correct format. Not sure why it's won't accept that. We can conclude the IRS logic is dumb. Maybe try other variations. Add a period or spell street out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 02:55 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
1112 127th St - that should be the correct format. Not sure why it's won't accept that. We can conclude the IRS logic is dumb. Maybe try other variations. Add a period or spell street out
I can't try anymore today since it locked me out for 24 hours, I'll try tomorrow. Worse case, I'll just wait until the physical check arrives in the mail.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:02 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I can't try anymore today since it locked me out for 24 hours, I'll try tomorrow. Worse case, I'll just wait until the physical check arrives in the mail.
Yep, that's how I'm feeling too. And if not, ah well. I'm working and the part-time job that is closed, is paying me. I'm getting paychecks from two jobs, so I'm grateful.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:08 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
If you are SSA one story said those would be delayed until next week.
The IRS is doing direct deposits for those persons for which they already have their bank information.
SSA-1099 is next week.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:11 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Still no check/direct deposit for me
I used an online electronic filer from the IRS website they pulled an ACH payment from the checking account listed on my return for money owed on my 2019 return
Filed jointly with wife
I collect SS she does not
IRS get my payment web portal accepted info for both of us but I do not have a clue when I will get mine nor when she will get hers
Direct Deposit is going into my checking account for both the wife and myself
This is a major fustercluck and is par for the course when the government gets involved with anything.
Don't forget it is a federal business. The IRS and USPS have not made much profit ever. They need to be taken over by private companies that know how to run a business. Hold times when trying to call SSA or IRS or USPS are long and they have been long for years.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Hi everyone,

My friends, cousins and parents have all received their stimulus money today. I have not. I went onto the IRS website, checked the portal and it told me "according to the information we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility at this time." Uh, what?

I'm 30 and still live at home. I work two jobs, one full-time job and one part-time job. I make $34,000/year combined without taxes taken out ($21,000 after). I filed my 2019 taxes two weeks ago and my refund was deposited into my bank account yesterday ($65).

I am not a dependent, I filed individually. My student loans are paid on time, although I deferred one. I looked it up and my school loans shouldn't affect anything under CARES. I filed through Turbo Tax and Turbo Tax is stating I should get a stimulus check.

What the heck is going on?
Relax. Spoke with a friend who works for the IRS.

1) IRS -- 93 % Shutdown and distribution of deposits has been passed on to the B F S
2) The checks are being distributed in three batchs. Last week was just the first batch. The deposits are distributed on Fridays and hit bank accounts on Wednesdays.

So hang on --- that comment 'cannot determine your eligibility' may be just a default for you weren't in the first batch.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:50 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Relax. Spoke with a friend who works for the IRS.

1) IRS -- 93 % Shutdown and distribution of deposits has been passed on to the B F S
2) The checks are being distributed in three batchs. Last week was just the first batch. The deposits are distributed on Fridays and hit bank accounts on Wednesdays.

So hang on --- that comment 'cannot determine your eligibility' may be just a default for you weren't in the first batch.
ok and thanks but the US can't honestly at least have an IRS that has the proper delay message? WTF Most of us are being prompted with a message to the tune of YOU DON'T exist.... And ftr, been paying you for over 20 years Taxpeople IRS of NY and the USA. Paying you a &&**it load of taxes.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:17 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
A few questions for those who were successful with the site after entering SS number, DOB and address:

Did you enter the SS number without dashes eg 000-00-0000?

The online form asks for just the street address ....... nothing about city name, state or zip code. Did you provide just the street address? Obviously the return that I filed includes the full address as opposed to just the street address.

I usually end up owing money to the IRS so the bank information is in the context of authorizing the IRS to withdraw funds from by account. I don't know if the direct deposit is just for those who got refunds in 2018 and/or 2019 as opposed to owing money.
We usually owe too. From what I understand, those that normally pay the IRS like us have to go to the get my money link, put our social, address and zip, then if successful, it will ask for your bank account info. They do not save your account info from when we paid, so the site is for people like us who's bank account info they do not have. I can't get that far with the site, it keeps saying they can't determine if either of us qualifies for it

What I also have not seen addressed are people like me that get social security disability that also file a tax return because my hub works. Will I get mine in the account SS uses to deposit my money or do I have to wait until they send my hub's if he qualifies...

Old 04-17-2020, 08:34 AM

2,480 posts, read 1,551,658 times
Anyone receive their stimulus deposits who uses TurboTax? I’ve read there may be a glitch in that the irs may not have the deposit info due to filer companies like tt having their own processing logistics. I use tt.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:51 AM

210 posts, read 156,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Anyone receive their stimulus deposits who uses TurboTax? I’ve read there may be a glitch in that the irs may not have the deposit info due to filer companies like tt having their own processing logistics. I use tt.
We received our stimulus via direct deposit, and we've filed using TurboTax for many years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics