Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times

Advertisements

If you have a business and do business or are thinking about advertising on Superpages.com BEWARE of the way Idearc Media does business!

I am living a nightmare right now as they have decided, rather than remedying the problems with the incorrect advertising and crediting my account during the period of time it was incorrect (or cancelling the account altogether and giving me a refund for the period of time they had the wrong phone number for my business listed on their internet website Superpages.com), they are now telling me they have no record of my calling to file complaints about the problems and are telling me I have to prove to THEM that I even called! This means I have to send a notarized letter to the Custodian of Records to AT&T to have them search my phone records for the phone calls over the last two months.

What happened initially was a pushy telemarketer called and strong armed me into doing a certain package for a certain amount of money. I said I would do it ONLY IF the toll free number was the only number that was listed and a few other things. She assured me this would be the case. Supposedly the whole phone call was taped.During the third party verification I verified the purchase.

Next a few weeks later I received and opened the statement for the advertising and didn't have a chance until a week or so later to go to Superpages.com and check the advertising. When I did it turned out they had used the WRONG phone number. I tried to put the correct phone number in and the website portal would not update the changes. So I called the company and was told they would make the changes on their end. I assumed that it would be taken care of and asked to speak to the billing department regarding a credit for the period of time the wrong phone number was listed. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE RUNAROUND THEY GAVE ME. After they found the third party verification recording which proved nothing and was a total waste of time as it said nothing about what I was buying. Just an amount along with a telephone number for the account was recorded. During the conversation I SPECIFICALLY said what I was agreeing to. The representative and the supervisor at Idearc then said they would have to order the entire tape of the phone conversation which would take 10 days and that they would call me back when they had it so the three of us could listen to it at the same time. Then they hurriedly got off the phone because of some fire drill. Yet they admitted today remembering the day of the fire drill. So how, if I had not called, even know about the fire drill if i had not been spending too much time demanding that they remedy my problem????

Guess what happened after that?? I NEVER GOT CALLED BACK LIKE THEY PROMISED. I called them today and no they are denying I even called. They say they "have limited notes" on my account.

It seems to me that with Superpages.com, the deal is that if you sign up and don't cancel within the first two weeks of when you sign up ---even if you don't receive your written confirmation for the advertising until after 2 weeks, then even if they royally screw up your advertising, you are on the hook for the first three months for the cost--- no matter what. Don't expect them to give you the customer, the benefit of the doubt! They certainly haven't given me the benefit of the doubt. I have wasted untold hours trying to get them to make good and today they have amnesia about what took place when I last called. They say they have no recollection of my prior phone call when they said they'd call me ten days later after the phone call. They say I have to prove to THEM I called.

This made me SO MAD today that I told them I didn't believe they would even keep a record that I called them this time so I told them to email me a summary of the phone conversation we just had had--- which I still have not received--- needless to say. I'm not holding my breath. (I'll post back later if i find it in my junk mail.)

So Superpages.com buyers BEWARE! Tape record EVERY PHONE CALL YOU HAVE WITH THEM or do everything via email or in writing because they DO NOT ADMIT to errors on their part. With service like this, I am not surpised their stock is priced at under $2!
Also the billing department you speak with listed on your bill is NOT the people who address problems. They refer you to another department. It's been a nightmare!

I hope learning about my experience can save some of you from going through the same hassle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If you have a business and do business or are thinking about advertising on Superpages.com BEWARE of the way Idearc Media does business!

I am living a nightmare right now as they have decided, rather than remedying the problems with the incorrect advertising and crediting my account during the period of time it was incorrect (or cancelling the account altogether and giving me a refund for the period of time they had the wrong phone number for my business listed on their internet website Superpages.com), they are now telling me they have no record of my calling to file complaints about the problems and are telling me I have to prove to THEM that I even called! This means I have to send a notarized letter to the Custodian of Records to AT&T to have them search my phone records for the phone calls over the last two months.

What happened initially was a pushy telemarketer called and strong armed me into doing a certain package for a certain amount of money. I said I would do it ONLY IF the toll free number was the only number that was listed and a few other things. She assured me this would be the case. Supposedly the whole phone call was taped.During the third party verification I verified the purchase.

Next a few weeks later I received and opened the statement for the advertising and didn't have a chance until a week or so later to go to Superpages.com and check the advertising. When I did it turned out they had used the WRONG phone number. I tried to put the correct phone number in and the website portal would not update the changes. So I called the company and was told they would make the changes on their end. I assumed that it would be taken care of and asked to speak to the billing department regarding a credit for the period of time the wrong phone number was listed. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE RUNAROUND THEY GAVE ME. After they found the third party verification recording which proved nothing and was a total waste of time as it said nothing about what I was buying. Just an amount along with a telephone number for the account was recorded. During the conversation I SPECIFICALLY said what I was agreeing to. The representative and the supervisor at Idearc then said they would have to order the entire tape of the phone conversation which would take 10 days and that they would call me back when they had it so the three of us could listen to it at the same time. Then they hurriedly got off the phone because of some fire drill. Yet they admitted today remembering the day of the fire drill. So how, if I had not called, even know about the fire drill if i had not been spending too much time demanding that they remedy my problem????

Guess what happened after that?? I NEVER GOT CALLED BACK LIKE THEY PROMISED. I called them today and no they are denying I even called. They say they "have limited notes" on my account.

It seems to me that with Superpages.com, the deal is that if you sign up and don't cancel within the first two weeks of when you sign up ---even if you don't receive your written confirmation for the advertising until after 2 weeks, then even if they royally screw up your advertising, you are on the hook for the first three months for the cost--- no matter what. Don't expect them to give you the customer, the benefit of the doubt! They certainly haven't given me the benefit of the doubt. I have wasted untold hours trying to get them to make good and today they have amnesia about what took place when I last called. They say they have no recollection of my prior phone call when they said they'd call me ten days later after the phone call. They say I have to prove to THEM I called.

This made me SO MAD today that I told them I didn't believe they would even keep a record that I called them this time so I told them to email me a summary of the phone conversation we just had had--- which I still have not received--- needless to say. I'm not holding my breath. (I'll post back later if i find it in my junk mail.)

So Superpages.com buyers BEWARE! Tape record EVERY PHONE CALL YOU HAVE WITH THEM or do everything via email or in writing because they DO NOT ADMIT to errors on their part. With service like this, I am not surpised their stock is priced at under $2!
Also the billing department you speak with listed on your bill is NOT the people who address problems. They refer you to another department. It's been a nightmare!

I hope learning about my experience can save some of you from going through the same hassle!
This is just a quick update....Idearc has been reorganizing since they have been in bankruptcy..their new name is SuperMedia. So far the service from SuperMedia has been not anywhere close to Super. A rep called to introduce herself at dinner time a week before the book closed. She claims she sent me an email with contract to continue my advertising which I can't find anywhere. When I tried calling Idearc back I could never get a person and had to leave a voicemail message on a different reps voice mail. They evidently didn't relay my message to the right rep because I never got a call back. So as far as I'm concerned they are SuperJ#rks. I will probably miss the most important directory that was closing because of poor communication and awful follow-up. When Verizon handled the yellow pages it was LIGHT YEARS better than Idearc and SuperMedia has been. 'Fraid not SuperMedia is all I can say.....

Luckily most people find me via the internet or through referrals and I hope next year people keep their last year's phone book so they can find me there/

Old 03-15-2010, 06:22 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
supermedia is based in dallas. you could try filing a complaint with the BBB here:
Check Out a Business or Charity - U.S. BBB

i see that they already have an F rating and on ripoff report there are 92 complaints against them.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,247 times
this company supposedly got me into a contract for an add. I was promised 2 month free, guaranteeing me at least 50 business leads per month (so far 0) top of google search engine (I don't even come up on google) the two months have past and now its been 4 months, still not 1 lead but I'm being billed 199.00 per month. now they think i owe them 400.00!
I refuse to pay a dime until I recieve what im promised!
SuperYellowPages, Superpages.com and SuperpagesDirect, as well as services, such as the SuperGuarantee and SuperTradeExchange these are companys under 1 name working to ripp people off

Old 09-13-2010, 05:39 PM

A quick UPDATE: Idearc Media had filed for banckruptcy and now goes by the name of Supermedia where they seem just as incompetent as before.

Did I mention that they charged me for a whole year's worth of yellow pages advertising in an out of state directory where they printed the wrong phone number?! They never sent me a copy until it dawned on me to check on the accuracy of the ad and found that sure enough, it was wrong.

It seems ironic that they can get away with charging late fees to a customer who they literally charged or overcharged for technically unauthorized advertsing.....and I get no extra compensation except for a credit a year later... while they had use of my money for an ad the year prior that I never should have been charged for in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics