Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooo_philly View Post
Tired of this man,Im in the 12th grade and they teach boring azz stuff man I cant take it anymore so thats why I dropped out of high school.Now I might be getting my GED but thats it not goin to college thatll be even harder
Congratulations! Judging by this post and some of your previous posts, I'm positive you are on the road to financial prosperity!

Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Too bad I moved out of Philly I could of used some low priced, low skilled labor .... just didn't know anyone who would be available

and if you think sitting through a class is boring you should sitting in some job that requires no thought or skill for the next 50 years ....... you'll be bored stiff hustling in a call center, sweeping floors, etc

schooling definitely isn't for everyone and it isn't exciting for most .... however dropping 9 months before ending your presumably 13 year jaunt isn't all that wise

why not just finish up, show some level of commitment you can use when talking with future prospective employers and then find a skilled trade that does interest you?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
I dropped out of high school today

I suspect this may not be one of your wiser decisions. High School is not one of the more exciting options available, but.... a lifetime of low paying jobs, doing shift work for minimum wage is a lot worse.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:01 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
In short, sucks for you, but you pave your own way in life. People with only a HS diploma have it hard. You will have it much harder. Have fun.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
Default you don't have to

"be the best student you can be" at this point. concentrate on just getting out. I graduated with a 74 average from a high school that was the 3rd best high school in NY. in my school if your average was below 88 you didn't tell anyone because you either were a pothead (which i was not) or worse, you had "other problems" which was seen as worse. so i felt like a total fool and failure. i had erratic grades. Spanish was my worst course, i was on the edge of failing every semester, yet my regents test was highest (78). you needed a 65 to pass. most of my final grades averaged out to a 66 or so.

elective classes like typing helped me because i got A's and B's which brought up my average

if you have friends who are a bad influence, get rid of them

Old 10-13-2010, 05:03 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooo_philly View Post
Tired of this man,Im in the 12th grade and they teach boring azz stuff man I cant take it anymore so thats why I dropped out of high school.Now I might be getting my GED but thats it not goin to college thatll be even harder
So you are bored at school, well you will be really bored with the type of job you can expect to get without education. Get your act together and stay with it.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:04 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Your first big decision in life and you blow it. Sorry dude. If you care at all about having a good job and decent income for the next 50 years, get your butt back into school and do your best, at least for this one last year of high school. Getting a GED is NOT the same as finishing high school. It's better than nothing and that's about it. And chances are that if you don't have the gumption to stick out the year for a diploma you don't have the gumption to get a GED either. Get used to hearing the word "loser" whispered behind your back or make a u-turn to the high school.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:07 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
The few high school dropouts I have met/known personally either made a crap ton of $$ in illegal drugs and retired at an early age (late 20's) or ran their own mechanic shops and make good $$ employing others.

A surprising number of fairly well paying jobs out there don't require any sort of knowledge education beyond a basic understanding of how to read/write, most is learned doing a trade or line of work. Still not a smart thing to do (and I suspect the OP probably is just riling everyone up).

Old 10-13-2010, 05:08 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
Default if you don't drink

or use drugs and have not been diagnosed with ADD, and not let friends waste your time, even if you are an embarrassingly mediocre student like I was you should be able to pass even if it's barely passing. you will still have your diploma as a straight A student would have.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,947 times
alright this my new account (other is suspended).Anyways English is one of my strong points,but Im to lazy to use caps and puncuate on the internet lol. Also I work at wendys doin ok,but I do not know maybe I should just go back tommorrow or take a day off and try to persevere rest of this year hopin I pass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education