Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 11:25 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
OMG, they see the real thing or almost the real thing in health class during sex-ed OR had a real photo sent to them on Instagram. (which is horrible IMO)

In grade 7, they might have already had sex with one of those REAL "penises" LOL

Chill out Mama. The boy drawing a penis is NORMAL behaviour for kids this age.
There are a couple of issues here.

First, yes, having worked with kids this age for 33 years, they've already seen pictures of penises, if not the real thing.

But second, an important function of school is to teach students what appropriate behavior is in certain settings.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:19 PM

7,430 posts, read 4,672,937 times
How can you replace a page in a text book? Aren't those glued on the edge? Can you ask publishing company to print just 1 page and pay for that 1 page only?

Re the OP's concerns, I only have sons so what I say will not matter much to the OP. So, I defer to those like the OP who has/have daughter/s in school to respond to his concerns and to them, I also ask this question: what drawing you would see on your daughter's notebook or textbook would make you think that it crosses the line?

Last edited by Yippeekayay; 03-12-2019 at 04:32 PM..

Old 03-16-2019, 03:11 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
The reason we're not getting anywhere here is because we are trying to apply logic, reason and common sense to a cultural taboo. There us no place to go, down that road.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:19 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
was this done during art class?

did it look anything like Michelangelo's David?

Old 03-21-2019, 09:38 AM

804 posts, read 544,636 times
He just corrected the boy, called the parents Boy parents disciplined him.

That is normal behavior for boys. He could have "played doctor with her" and even so that is normal. I will admit when I was young I drew penis and my father said to me "I think you have to rethink that son"

Honestly promoting homosexuality seems to be the norm in these gentile schools. So if you school is not promoting LGBT enough I suggest moving your daughter to a school of sorts. Maybe an all-girl school so she could learn special fem hugs and explore her inner whatever. Like my college professor.

That is my opinion on this topic. Just let it go and let it go. Just let it go and let it go. Do not make this into a thing you conversation about. Just forget and forget

Old 03-22-2019, 03:36 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
He just corrected the boy, called the parents Boy parents disciplined him.

That is normal behavior for boys. He could have "played doctor with her" and even so that is normal. I will admit when I was young I drew penis and my father said to me "I think you have to rethink that son"

Honestly promoting homosexuality seems to be the norm in these gentile schools. So if you school is not promoting LGBT enough I suggest moving your daughter to a school of sorts. Maybe an all-girl school so she could learn special fem hugs and explore her inner whatever. Like my college professor.

That is my opinion on this topic. Just let it go and let it go. Just let it go and let it go. Do not make this into a thing you conversation about. Just forget and forget
Whoah, where the heck did THAT come from?? I think this is an excellent place to stop.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education