Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 06:23 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times

Advertisements

Not at all.

& That helped me excel when I got out and pursued my own life. The world was there for me to go enter it....

A LOT of people who peak in high school follow the networking they're already using and stay in their own regions.

These days you have to pursue opportunities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 09:26 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,137,024 times
I didn't like it. I was clueless. Rebounded and became a legend in later years.

Old 05-05-2023, 09:40 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,366,982 times
Think "Carrie" through grade school and junior high. In high school a lot of overt bullying stopped. Never had a date, actually did not graduate. I did make some attempts to join in on some typical high school stuff. Tried out for volleyball, didn't make team. Tried out for choir, didn't make that.

While I am not a graduate, they would very much appreciate it if I'd pay the lifetime member fee so I could be listed on the website. I am really "in" now. There's a couple of other graduates (real ones) that are also members of this presently "in" group but I believe I am the only woman.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:06 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,434,004 times
Not popular, didn’t care or want to be….met my future husband in 10th grade. We graduated in 1965….yeah, that long ago. Married in 1970, been married 53 years…3 children, 3 grandchildren….

Old 05-06-2023, 06:19 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
don't know. Grew bored with HS by the end on my junior year. Left by noon in senior year to work.

Old 05-07-2023, 05:38 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
don't know. Grew bored with HS by the end on my junior year. Left by noon in senior year to work.
I wasn't necessarily bored, but I think Junior year is the beginning of a "long goodbye." People are getting their drivers licenses, taking PSAT and SAT tests, and thinking about college or their "next move." From my experience, 9th Grade is acclimatization. Tenth is the year you are most fully "there, For 11th and 12th see first two sentences.

Old 05-07-2023, 07:20 AM

12,836 posts, read 9,037,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I wasn't necessarily bored, but I think Junior year is the beginning of a "long goodbye." People are getting their drivers licenses, taking PSAT and SAT tests, and thinking about college or their "next move." From my experience, 9th Grade is acclimatization. Tenth is the year you are most fully "there, For 11th and 12th see first two sentences.
Definitely 12th is a long goodbye. Junior seemed pretty normal to me and for my kids. But for all of us, agree senior year seemed like a waste of time. We were all ready to be out of there and move on with our lives. I think especially now that we toss in K-12 which makes it at least 13 years in school. That might just be a year too many for a lot of kids. I always felt so confused by those who peaked in 11th & 12th and who believe those were the best years of their lives. I just wanted to be out of there.

Old 05-07-2023, 07:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Definitely 12th is a long goodbye. Junior seemed pretty normal to me and for my kids. But for all of us, agree senior year seemed like a waste of time. We were all ready to be out of there and move on with our lives. I think especially now that we toss in K-12 which makes it at least 13 years in school. That might just be a year too many for a lot of kids.
The other side of the coin (and I know I contradict myself) is that the last month or two of high school is a period when your friends are not your competitors. Actually my almost lifelong friendship really gelled in the last couple of weeks. We had been off-and-on friends from the fall of sophomore year on, but we were competitors in at least two of our activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
I always felt so confused by those who peaked in 11th & 12th and who believe those were the best years of their lives. I just wanted to be out of there.
I think those people did not known they were peaking. Looking at their post-high school and marriage years, that's when one can see a peak, or a slope upwards towards better things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education