Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:49 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,826 times

Advertisements

has anybody ever been to casa bonita www.casabonitadenver.com i used to work there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 09:43 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,917,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
has anybody ever been to casa bonita www.casabonitadenver.com i used to work there
Yeah, atomosphere is cool, but the food sucks. Oh wait, sorry thats from a New Mexican perspective (If green or red isn't asked, than the food sucks in my opinion). Ha! LOL

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 PM

71 posts, read 346,178 times
Holmes is right, we need a Panera. And a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's!
I would also like to see a Texas De Brazil in El Paso. Been to the one in the DFW area and food and service was absolutely fabulous!

Someone tried to copy the Texas de Brazil restaurant a couple of years ago. It was an ugly mustard yellow building on Gateway East, truly hideously painted if anybody remembers The food was horrible and the waiters didn't know how to serve meat. They just walked around with these big huge skewers and once served the meat was cold

Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptex View Post
I would also like to see a Texas De Brazil in El Paso. Been to the one in the DFW area and food and service was absolutely fabulous!

Someone tried to copy the Texas de Brazil restaurant a couple of years ago. It was an ugly mustard yellow building on Gateway East, truly hideously painted if anybody remembers The food was horrible and the waiters didn't know how to serve meat. They just walked around with these big huge skewers and once served the meat was cold
i remember that restaurant, it was called "Senses of Brazil", it was ok, kinda pricey, but the service was mediocre at best, good concept, but poorly executed.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:20 PM

38 posts, read 155,560 times
I agree they don't need more chains, especially fast food ones (we are one of the fattest, sweatiest, most diabetic cities in the country). If more chains do come they need to be higher end like buca di bepo...what we could really use is a whole foods market... I have to shop at Vista: 2500 brands of tortilla (they even make them there) and I can't get good Swiss cheese! Thank God or SuperTarget off of Joe Battle!

Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Default Jaxon's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
We had a Ruby's Tuesdays.. I think we still do on the West side. We had a TGIF, but as far as I know they all closed down here.

I wish we had a Zaxbys. I know SoutherBliss knows what that is.. =) I liked them better than the Raising Cains.

Never had Wards.. so I don't know if they would be well excepted here.

One thing they had all over was Waffle Houses.. wish we had one out in the North East side of town.. they were like Star Bucks in Seattle.. one on every corner.
I may have missed an earlier post....but is Jaxon's still there?

I really enjoyed it.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:14 PM

71 posts, read 346,178 times
@ Cathy4017: Yes, Jaxon's is still in El Paso. They have 4 locations. Jaxon's is located at Mesa Street, Airways Blvd., Remcon Circle, and the newest on Montwood Dr.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
@ Cathy4017: Yes, Jaxon's is still in El Paso. They have 4 locations. Jaxon's is located at Mesa Street, Airways Blvd., Remcon Circle, and the newest on Montwood Dr.
Wow, thanks for the info.....they HAVE grown!!! When I last ate there in '95, I believe that they had only one location!!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:18 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
We need a place that sells PO'BOYS! man I miss a good ol'pork Po'Boy.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:33 AM
jfe

61 posts, read 284,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
i remember that restaurant, it was called "Senses of Brazil", it was ok, kinda pricey, but the service was mediocre at best, good concept, but poorly executed.
I knew it wasn't going to be terrible when the first thing they offered me was fajitas

Extremely poor service

Quote:
A Panera, why?

I just don't see the appeal, the food ain't that great.

Trader Joe's I have been there once, it might be an interesting option here, not sure how successful would it be though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso