Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 09:50 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,173 times

Advertisements

Two DEA agents were killed in the 1920s while busting a bootlegging operation on a ranch in that general area (where the Shearman Park neighborhood now is, southeast of Dyer and South Angora). I don't know if any killings or moonlight burials happened at that precise spot, but it's possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 08:36 PM

3 posts, read 19,780 times
Angry southside pole car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
Heres another ghost story that was told to me and it sure made alot of sense.
In my culture it is said that when someone dies unexpectedly like in an auto accident or unexpected death that they dont know that they have died so the spirit wonders around sometimes appearing in real life and asking for forgivness, in Spanish it's called "Penando"

When I was in San Diego for bootcamp one of my Ysleta Indian freinds got killed one Friday night after a football game against Jefferson, my freind was on the football team and everybody knew him.

So on this special night my friend was out celebrating and joy riding when the freind that he was with crashed his pickup truck into a telephone pole on Southside Drive, approximately around one block from his home, the impact of the crash knocked both of them out uncontious, the driver of the truck was the first to regain contiousness and he took off running before the police arrived.

My freind remained knocked out when he too awoke and realized what happened, the telephone pole had broke in two and half of it landed on top of the truck, so when my freind decided to make a run for it he open the door and step out but he steped on live electric wires killing him on the spot, era 1976.

About 4 years later late one night, there was some man that was on his way to work, he work over at the Pan American Industrial Center just at the other end of Southside Drive, when all in a sudden some stranger young kid flaged him down, the kid looked like he had been in a car accident, so the man asked him what was wrong and the kid told him that he had just been in an auto accident and he asked the man if he could give him a ride home, the man said where do you live, and the kid told him around the block.

So the man drives this injured kid home and tells him wait in the car I'll go get your parents, so he went up to the front door and knocked on the door, and my freind mothers answered the door, the man told her, senora I have your son in my car he claims that he was in an auto accident so I brought him home to you.

My freinds mother aked my son? the man answered your son, she said well I only have two sons one is in prison and the other one is dead, so they both went to the mans car and no one was in it.

These are El Paso ghost stories because they (ghost) do exist, my freind was young and he died young.
i read the scary car accident, where did the boy lived i know u said a block away from southside i've been living in barraca for 55yrs already on ramirez ct! hope to hear from you soon! i know it's been a loooooooooong time ago in 1976 at that time i was 18yrs now i'm 55yrs old!

Old 10-07-2013, 06:16 PM

3 posts, read 19,780 times
Default Southwestern general hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrattler View Post
Thank you again Muhnay. We really do appreciate all of you help.
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE HOSPITAL SOUTHWESTERN GENERAL HOSPITAL ON 1221 N. COTTON, EL PASO,TEXAS 79902 (915)496-9600 THAT HOSPITAL IS HAUNTED WITH THE LITTLE KID'S THAT RUN ALL AROUND IN THE HALLS ON THE VERY TOP FLOOR THEY SAID THAT IN YEARS WAY BACK THEY HAD TO GET RID OF THEM CAUSE THEY HAD TUBERCULOSIS (i hope i spelled it right) SO NOW THERE SPIRITS RUN IN THE 4TH FLOOR IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, THAT'S ONE, THE SECOND ONE IS THE NURSE THAT DIED THERE TO AND THE 3RD ONE IS THE JANITOR (CHARLIE) THAT GOT CAUGHT IN THE ELEVATOR SO NOW THERE SPIRITS ARE IN THAT HOSPITAL, MY MOTHER IN LAW WAS THERE LAST YEAR (2012) AND WE TOOK THE ELEVATOR TO THE 3RD FLOOR AND IT TOOK US TO THE 4TH FLOOR THE DOORS TOOK AWHILE TO OPEN BUT THEN FINALLY OPENED AND WE SAW A LITTLE KID'S RUNNING AND PLAYING,LAUGHING! SO WE TRIED CLOSING THE ELEVATOR AND IT DIDN'T WANT TO CLOSE BUT EVENTUALLY IT DID CLOSE AFTER AWHILE! THEN MY MOTHER IN LAW TOLD US THAT WHEN SHE WAS ASLEEP THAT A MAN WAS PULLING ON HER FEET AND THAT WOKE HER UP AND HE STAND BY HER BEDSIDE AND SHE SAID WHAT DO YOU WANT, WHO ARE YOU, AND HE WOULDN'T RESPOND TO HER, SO THEN I TOOK HER A CROSS WITH JESUS ON IT AND HUNG ONE ON HER ROOM DOOR AND IT KEPT FALLING AND FALLING WE KEPT PUTTING IT UP TIL FINALLY IT STOOD UP THERE I'M HOPING IT'S STILL THERE, I PUT ONE ON HER BEDSIDE AND WHEN WE BOTH WERE EATING IT FELL DOWN
AND BROKE INTO 3 PIECES WE ONLY FOUND 2 PIECES, THE HOUSEKEEPER WAS SWEEPING AND I ASKED IF SHE FOUND THE PIECE OF A CROSS AND SHE SAID,NO...I LOOKED AND LOOKED FOR IT AND NOTHING IT WAS KINDA SCARY THAT MY MOTHER WAS SAID I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! I'M GOING CRAZY IN THIS HOSPITAL. YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T

Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 AM

643 posts, read 1,313,500 times
Bambi, why are you screaming?

Old 11-17-2013, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,973 times
[url=http://youtu.be/PLMPRO3aCz4]Old town Ghost Stories - YouTube[/url]

Please support our non profit ghost tour. Proceeds will be donated to the Veterans Museum in San Elizario.

facebook.com/oldtownghost

Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,173 times
Any hauntings around the pauper's cemetery behind Magoffin Middle School?

Old 05-04-2014, 12:44 PM

202 posts, read 433,921 times
Has anyone heard of any hauntings at the new ballpark? I was at SUP last night and I smelled a really awful, rotten egg like smell several times through the night. I asked the people around me if they smelled the same thing and they claimed they could not. Still creeped out by this. Hope it doesn't happen to others.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:49 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,164,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilo View Post
I was at SUP last night and I smelled a really awful, rotten egg like smell several times through the night.
Sounds as if someone had too many frijoles before the game!

Old 06-11-2014, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneeBee View Post
There were also stories of Hillcrest Junior High(the old school) being haunted. Evidently is use to be an old monestary. There were these old concrete slabs throughout the campus that were chained up. Rumor has it that those were ways to get down into the underground tunnels that the priests used. There was a chapel on campus that had been converted to a small gym and the security guards could hear the organ playing while on their nightly watch. Scary! There were so many stories about Hillcrest that I can't remember all of them.

What was the deal with the Patterson house? I remember being in high school and cruising Rim Road to find this elusive house. I'm not quite sure we ever found it.
I attended hillcrest middle, and these stories are indeed true. I went there at night once with a couple of friends, needless to say, the place looked creepy at night. I had an uneasy feeling of being watched, and later on my friends confirmed that they, too, felt the same thing. Before we could get into the property (we were walking along the back fence) we were chased away by a security, so further investigation of this enigma was postponed (though we never tried it again).
I remember my english teacher telling me once that she encountered a mysterious man dressed in dark clothing. She was in the printer room trying to print worksheets for the next day but she could not get the printer to work. She says she saw a tall man of thin complexion walking by outside the printer room, so she asked for his help. The man gladly helped, and soon enough the printer began working. According to my teacher, the man left without a word. As a matter of fact, she told the class, he left without a sound! No footsteps, no doors opening, nothing. The story only gets creepier. She asked the janitor (she was working late into the night trying to prepare for the next day) if he had seen the tall thin man with dark clothes, but the janitor said that all doors were locked and there was no way that anyone could've gotten inside without asking him or the security (they communicated by radio, so they both would know if the other had let somebody in).
I'm willing to say that this man is a monk that still roams the ''monastery,'' and there are also stories of a figure emerging from the football field (the supposed burial ground of priests of the monastery) and walking uphill towards the campus. Could these two apparitions be connected?

Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,351 times
Hi New to this page and I wanted to share my "Ghost Story"

I lived in a brand new house built from the ground up in the Horizon Heights subdivision just for us... It was purchased new in 2002 and in June we moved in. I lived with my husband and four of our seven kids. At first I started noticing that the kids would leave the water faucets running and I would get mad at them and ask them not to leave them on. Then one day I went upstairs and noticed that the water would be running in different areas of the house. I thought that this was odd and still suspected that the kids were leaving the water on. Then one evening I was alone in the house and thought I saw some one in the dining area of our home...I called out "who is there?" but got no answer. Since I was in the kitchen I grabbed a large knife and walked into the dining area turning on lights as I did. No one was there but I got the feeling that someone had been there. Another time I was sleeping napping in the den area of the house... I was alone in the house when I suddenly felt someone flip back the blanket I was covered with!!!! I knew I was alone in the house but I didn't understand what had just happened. After that time I was convinced that we had a ghost or spirit in the house. I would see what I thought was a teen aged boy with dark hair wearing a white t-shirt. I told my husband and kids about this and they all thought I was nuts...then my oldest daughter came to live with us after her college was done in AZ and she saw this young kid...We started calling him "Bob"...I would often talk to him and tell him it was okay if he was in our house...just not to scare us. My youngest Sister came to visit us and she also saw him. My husband was very skeptical until one day he was down stairs alone late at night and said that he saw a young man come down from the stairs and walk to the kitchen. I told him that it was "Bob" and from that day on he believed us... My husband and I eventually divorced and I stayed with the house...I had it on the market for about 3 1/2 years because it would not sell!!! This past May, 2014, though by the grace of GOD it did sell... I like the comment that txrattler said about you never know what or who was on the ground before where new houses are built!!! Crazy but true!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso