Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andie_920 View Post
I believe it is still being renovated. I used to drive by that place at night and it would just give me creepy feelings everytime. I tried to go inside once and saw a buch of mirrors, black and white tiles, and a bathtub in the middle of the room. Of course this was when it was abandoned. If you look on the epcad website it gives you the names of the past owners but never heard anything about them. I had heard one one of the owners died in the building in the backyard that looked as if it were a loft or studio. Now that building gave me the creeps! Does anyone have any pictures from this house from past or present?
Hey guys, new forum member here. I was just researching some haunted spots in El Paso since Halloween has gotten me into the mood but this particular subject about the abandoned house on Hardaway hit close to home for me, literally. I think I know which house you two are talking about here. The big two story pink house right by Loretto, yeah I know that house, I've lived in this neighborhood since I was a kid. That house is legit creepy through and through. It's been renovated now and is being occupied. I'd be interested in hearing if the new homeowners have any stories but I wouldn't want to bother them on what is a touchy subject for many, especially when it's about their house. Funny thing is, I even have a creepy story about this house.

I hope I can help share some info about my central neighborhood since there's a lot of neat/creepy spots, from Loretto Academy and the rumored ghost nun, to St. Anthony's which started out as a mansion wayyyyy back in the day, to the Radford all girls school established in 1911. Looking forward to more stories with you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 08:09 AM

43 posts, read 134,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smzayne View Post
Hey guys, new forum member here. I was just researching some haunted spots in El Paso since Halloween has gotten me into the mood but this particular subject about the abandoned house on Hardaway hit close to home for me, literally. I think I know which house you two are talking about here. The big two story pink house right by Loretto, yeah I know that house, I've lived in this neighborhood since I was a kid. That house is legit creepy through and through. It's been renovated now and is being occupied. I'd be interested in hearing if the new homeowners have any stories but I wouldn't want to bother them on what is a touchy subject for many, especially when it's about their house. Funny thing is, I even have a creepy story about this house.

I hope I can help share some info about my central neighborhood since there's a lot of neat/creepy spots, from Loretto Academy and the rumored ghost nun, to St. Anthony's which started out as a mansion wayyyyy back in the day, to the Radford all girls school established in 1911. Looking forward to more stories with you guys.
Well, we would definitely love to hear any stories about the paranormal that you would like to share.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM

22 posts, read 60,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smzayne View Post

smzayne, was someone once killed there?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 AM

16 posts, read 28,241 times
The old hospital in Fabens. It's a fire station. I used to be a paramedic about 15 years ago and working out of that station.After hearing about a paranormal investigator that did an investigation there and also had an experience I called her and we spoke for some time. Crews refuse to sleep in the quarters and I can totally understand. Creepiest place I have ever been to. However, I believe it is not open for everybody to check out.
I also have the occasional shadow in my house, just in the corner of my eye, cigarette smell and music at night time. One time a light came on by itself. I then put my shiza dogs back up and I also have a spirit ball. Things have calmed down since.

Last edited by danielaW; 11-25-2012 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: added something

Old 01-09-2013, 01:02 PM

Why has everyone stopped posting?

Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM

32 posts, read 98,479 times
that's exactly what i was thinking DannyRIPS

Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM

This is the best forum on this site. I know there are more people out there with stories we haven't heard yet. Get your friends to post or post their stories for them.

To get things started again, I want to see everyone's opinion on what they think is the most haunted place in El Paso.

Of the places that I have investigated, I would have to say it is the fire department headquarters downtown.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM

22 posts, read 60,862 times
what about the mckey mansion?

Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM

3 posts, read 12,098 times
Growing up in central El Paso, I can tell you that all that area is pretty much actively haunted but the one place that comes to mind is a house on Mundy Street that my family and I lived in for about 4 years. I forgot the exact address but I do remember it had a picture of the Virgin Mary painted or tiled on the side of the house. I am very curious to know if anyone has any information on the history of that house because what my family and I experienced was a lot of poltergeist activity. So bare with me but here is my story:

House on Mundy Street
From the ages of 6-10, my family moved into a house on Mundy street that was from my mom's perspective was a steal. This was back in the early 90s but I believe she was only paying $350 for a large 3 bedroom house!

Right away things began to feel a little off. My dad complained that a stain on a certain wall he had primed and painted would always bleed through and reappear. We had constant electrical problems lightbulbs popping for no reason, appliances would break down and in certain rooms the lights would never stay off. A lot of times we would wake up to find half the lights on when we all knew they were turned off before bedtime.

Things began to get more active the longer we lived there. Numerous times I would wake up to what sounded like the muffeled cries of a lady sobbing or sometimes it would sound like a baby crying faintly. I would constantly hear heavy footsteps walking down the hallway towards my room and then always stopping at my door. My toys would constanly go missing only to reappear in strange places like the dryer, kitchen cabinet and once I found one of my small figurine burried in the front yard.

An uncle who lived with us briefly later told us that he would constantly be awaken by a lady calling out his name and whispering something to him when no one was there. He said she sounded like she was in pain and he could never quite make out what she was saying. A few times he said he even woke up with scratches down his back. Needless to say he only lived with us for a few weeks.

A cousin who spent the night once told me he woke up to see a large black dog staring at him. He said the dog had glowing eyes and he was so freaked out that he began to cry and pray once he prayed the dog vanished.

One time we were playing hide and go seek and another cousin of mine thought it would be a good idea to go hide in the washing machine or dyer down in the basement. Before he had a chance to hide he said he heard a young boy laughing. When he turned around he saw the faint figure of a young boy running up the basement stairs. He tried running towards the basement door to get out but it got jammed somehow and he was stuck down there for a good 30 minutes.

My mom claimed many times she would see through her peripheral vision what appeared to be a nun wearing a long black habit standing off to the side. Oddly enough my mom said she never got scared when she would see this because it always brought some sort of peace and comfort to her.

To make a long story short almost everyone who spent sometime in that house had some sort of experience to report but no one said anything to us until after we moved. i would love to find out if anyone has heard anything about that house because it still freaks me out when I think about all the experiences my family had living there.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 13,427 times
I would just like to say that I love this site!! Being born and raised in El Paso and having an interest in the paranormal, always keeps me coming back to read the latest stories. I'm to much of a chicken to do any kind of investigation of my own, so I live vicariously through these stories. Please don't stop posting new stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso