Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM

730 posts, read 1,896,004 times

Advertisements

Being here has made me appreciate the Sun Bowl...I think it is better than being in a "made for television" bowl owned by ESPN. But I have read some of the stuff said about El Paso and the Sun Bowl by teams who think they may come here. I know Cal and USC fans were bagging on ELP a bit last year. Cal has no place to talk...they thought they were worthy of a BCS a few years back, ended up in the Holiday Bowl and got destroyed by So. Miss. I read Oregon State players said they were relieved they could go to the Emerald Bowl in San Francisco instead of coming back to ELP. It is an image problem I think. West coast teams will always think they are too good for ELP.

I have been in favor of ND coming here....probably because of the legend and i don't know when i will ever see ND play. But, having the best teams eligible will always bring up the rep of the Sun Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 07:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default What can we do to improve the Sun Bowl?

1. Dump the Pac 10 affiliation. Invite teams that have a loyal fan base that follows them to their bowl games. Midwest fans seem to appreciate El Paso's mild sunny winter days and friendly reception. West coast fans seem to dislike everything about El Paso.

2. Increase the payout, which will enhance the Sun Bowl's ability to attract such teams.

3. STOP trying to pass off Juarez as a "tourist attraction."

Old 12-09-2008, 09:13 AM

195 posts, read 658,018 times
Keep bringing good artist to perform at halftime. Didn't they have Rihanna a few years ago? Also it just goes to show El Paso seriously needs some attractions. At least if there were some good attractions, the teams and their fans wouldn't be as mad!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:13 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
College football fans aren't mad that they are coming to El Paso. They are mad they aren't playing in a BCS bowl. The Sun Bowl could be in San Diego and fans would still be disappointed they were going there and not a BCS bowl. A BCS bowl could be in Baghdad and a team's fans would be happy to go. The location of the bowl has very little to do with what the players and fans care about. The same three or four Pac-10 teams have been coming to the Sun Bowl since we entered into this agreement. Of course a team is going to tire of coming to Sun Bowl instead of the desired Rose Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso