Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 PM

16,828 posts, read 15,243,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
5 reasons why Obama will win

1. Sarah Palin
2. Newt Gingrich
3. Mike Huckabee
4. Bobby Jindal
5. Jeb Bush

and I dont see any of those people running for potus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,354,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Yes! Mitt Romney isn't on the list. That means Obama does have a shot at losing.
You like Romney? Why? I'd support him over Obama (not saying much), but he's not a great candidate. His record as Governor of MA was very modest. He has a history of flip-flopping on issues and, worst of all, initiated the so-called Romneycare program in MA.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:06 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,786,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The jobs number reported each month is a NET number so it's
(jobs created - jobs lost). It's NOT the raw number of jobs created.

To keep up with the growth in the size of the labor pool, we need to create a net of about 125,000 jobs/month to keep the UE rate at the SAME rate.

If we want significant decreases in the UE rate and to 'make up' for jobs lost, we'd need 300,000+ jobs/month (more like 400,00+ to make major gains).

Please keep in mind that the ONLY reason the UE rate is going down is based on Government manipulation and lies. They remove people from the labor pool, which artificially lowers the UE rate. Total BS.
Thank you for explaining that to me. I wondered how the numbers were given. Wow!
Is it because of those losing their UE benefits from being on it too long?

I have a friend going through that now and she has been actively looking for 2 years. She found a p/t job just for some pocket $, but nothing even close to what she was getting. It's really sad....

Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,906,736 times
How about 3 reasons Obama wins in 2012. Palin, Beck and Limbaugh, huge assets.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:54 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,822,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
In May 2008, Senator Obama voted to continue what I consider illegal wiretapping, a key continuation of Patriot Act policies.

So, by your own logic, you should not have voted for him in 2008.
What an odd shaped pretzel you have there. By your logic no one at all should be in office.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,276,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
What an odd shaped pretzel you have there. By your logic no one at all should be in office.
Huh? You are the one that mentioned that Obama would lose your vote because of his support of the Patriot Act. I simply acknowledged that these views are not new for Obama - he had them in 2008.

I don't administer litmus tests on candidates, so I don't know where any of my logic even played into this.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,804,938 times
The country yearns for an optimistic leader who believes in America, and who is willing to make hard choices to save future generations from the burden of our mistakes. Many thought that was Obama’s promise. No matter how it may be spun, the midterm elections were a referendum on the president’s performance and platform. And Republicans are now more trusted on all the top issues, including the economy, taxes, and health care.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:16 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,786,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The country yearns for an optimistic leader who believes in America, and who is willing to make hard choices to save future generations from the burden of our mistakes. Many thought that was Obama’s promise. No matter how it may be spun, the midterm elections were a referendum on the president’s performance and platform. And Republicans are now more trusted on all the top issues, including the economy, taxes, and health care.
This country needs a president of this caliber. I'm just wondering exactly who is going to come to the forefront.

Our governor is displaying these exact attributes right now, but we need him to stay here and fix NJ before he moves on.

I think the country is shifting to a more conservative view of finances (ok, well I can dream, can't I?) and the up and comer is going to need to apply this viewpoint to their campaign and just make some sense for a change.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:28 PM

37,515 posts, read 19,394,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That means cutting spending to the bone (such as cutting 75% of military spending) and raising taxes to the max. Are you ready for that?

Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,103,228 times
Obama is being drug down by all the specail bterest demands that makes governing and doig anyhtig about the defici impossible. Clinton warned him about governing from the elft and now he see the consequences.,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections