Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 02:02 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,414,872 times

Advertisements

Boggles the mind that people are still trying to shove Ron Paul in our faces. The stench that he represents was soundly rejected in '08, even by his own party, in favor of mummified McCain.

Ron Paul is of no interest here. This is Obama's time, Pubs! Doesn't bother me in the least that you can't face reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,989,287 times
I really wish Paul had a chance to win, unfortunately he doesn't. He's too honest and hasn't sold out yet.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:06 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,989,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Boggles the mind that people are still trying to shove Ron Paul in our faces. The stench that he represents was soundly rejected in '08, even by his own party, in favor of mummified McCain.

Ron Paul is of no interest here. This is Obama's time, Pubs! Doesn't bother me in the least that you can't face reality.
Yeah by the ruling elite of the GOP and the MSM. They wouldn't publicize him and as soon as he announced the media was falling all over themselves to denounce him and write him off.

If Paul were to make it through the GOP primaries I think he'd be of big interest to you because I think he'd "soundly reject" Obama. What boggles the mind is that anyone in America still supports Obama.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yeah by the ruling elite of the GOP and the MSM. They wouldn't publicize him and as soon as he announced the media was falling all over themselves to denounce him and write him off.

If Paul were to make it through the GOP primaries I think he'd be of big interest to you because I think he'd "soundly reject" Obama. What boggles the mind is that anyone in America still supports Obama.
regardless of how much you might like him and his views (I have mixed feelings) his age would keep him from going very far.

Nita

Old 03-15-2011, 12:06 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,421,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
regardless of how much you might like him and his views (I have mixed feelings) his age would keep him from going very far.

Nita
why do you hate old people so much?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 PM

37,971 posts, read 17,913,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He won't get the republican nod. The right are too stuck on their welfare and handouts from farm subsidies. Paul also is anti fascism, anti-soft money and big business, all huge no-nos to the right.
I like paul and think he would make a good president, but the chances of him getting elected are pretty much none.
who is this and why have you stolen tempest68 account? Don't you know tempest hates the Tea Party and people like Ron Paul are the Tea Party? Not frauds like Palin and Bachmann.
lower the debt, reduce the size of the government

Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
why do you hate old people so much?
Where in Gods green earth did you get the idea I hate old people? I am one for heaven's sake. Because of this, I know how most people think: young people think anyone over 60 is old and anyone over 60, thinks anyone 75 or older that would want to be Pres is crazy. Can you understand this or do you need someone to draw you a picture? I am looking at this as many American would, not as a few vocal supporters are looking at the age issue and Ron Paul. Heck, the number one concern people had about McCain was his age and he is younger than Paul, people are saying, Reagan was too old and some are pointing to Newts age. Even I have heard a few refer to Hillary's advancing years and you don't think Paul is past the age of no return?

Nita

Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,913,223 times
I believe Ron Paul was the only one in Congress who voted against the illegal invasion of Iraq as well as voting against the Housing Act. Not only did he vote against those he told us exactly what would happen and it did. The two most important things during the last election and he flat out nailed it. We wouldn't be in this financial crisis and we wouldn't be losing and risking lives in the Middle East.

What's the theory here? Don't vote for what works but instead vote and hope to profit off of our corrupt government? This time it will work, no this time it will, well this time, I promise. You can trust me.

We are like a nation of Cub fans who insist every year to bet the house on the Cubs to win the World Series. WAKE UP!!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:10 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,830,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
who is this and why have you stolen tempest68 account? Don't you know tempest hates the Tea Party and people like Ron Paul are the Tea Party? Not frauds like Palin and Bachmann.
lower the debt, reduce the size of the government
?? Ron Paul is a libertarian, not tea party.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,421,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where in Gods green earth did you get the idea I hate old people? I am one for heaven's sake. Because of this, I know how most people think: young people think anyone over 60 is old and anyone over 60, thinks anyone 75 or older that would want to be Pres is crazy. Can you understand this or do you need someone to draw you a picture? I am looking at this as many American would, not as a few vocal supporters are looking at the age issue and Ron Paul. Heck, the number one concern people had about McCain was his age and he is younger than Paul, people are saying, Reagan was too old and some are pointing to Newts age. Even I have heard a few refer to Hillary's advancing years and you don't think Paul is past the age of no return?

Nita
i was just pulling your chain a little b/c you're always saying Ron Paul is too old...i didn't figure you actually hated old people.

i respect your opinion. but i also disagree with him being "too old" to be President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections