Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:36 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,622,509 times

Advertisements

While it may be too late to save the GOP ticket, perhaps Congressman Paul can save us yet - he's just the person we need as Treasury Secretary. At least he'll understand what needs to be done, can explain who it will affect, why it happened, and give us reasons and ways to prevent another disaster along these lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,709,799 times
I think the American people would have elected him had they wanted the change he addressed. We dont want him. He is not the change we need.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,285,272 times
I love Ron Paul. Too bad he is too smart for Washington.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:43 PM

564 posts, read 893,814 times
The powers that be would never allow it. America had it's chance to elect Paul. They chose to be ignorant and sheeple, fight over the 2 party system. They (I'll go for the ride) will get what they deserve. What will it take before they understand we need real change? I don't know maybe the economy collapsing? They're still arguing over Obama and McCain? People never cease to amaze me.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:46 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,179,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I think the American people would have elected him had they wanted the change he addressed. We dont want him. He is not the change we need.
You're right. No one wants to hear that we've lived beyond our means for too long. Britain heard that from their leaders just yesterday. But here, it's all fine, just give us the money.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,210,427 times
Ron Paul's strict adherence to the United States Constitution, that piece of paper most around here would just assume place on the bottom of a bird cage, makes him the least desirable person in the DC to NY corridor of power.

Both Washington and Wall Street want one thing, the perpetuation of the established order, which right now more closely resembles soft fascism in the form of some sick sycophantic obedience fest that quests to see just how much wealth can be transferred from the bottom to the top without the top falling over. Of course that pesky and most undesirable piece of paper known as the US Constitution places all those damned rules and regulations that do little more than stifle business and the quest for a modern feudal system.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:42 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,622,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
You're right. No one wants to hear that we've lived beyond our means for too long. Britain heard that from their leaders just yesterday. But here, it's all fine, just give us the money.

I did hear that they had done that, I wonder if they expressed the entire scale of the problem or followed suit with us and told the people they need (by some estimates) one fifth of what it would take to stop the bleeding.

Congressman Paul appears to have a firm grasp on the corrective measures necessary to get this ship righted. Those in power may not like it but in the end better times will come when we do.

Has anyone seen the financial reset button? I know it was around here somewhere....lol

Old 09-25-2008, 05:46 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,809,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I did hear that they had done that, I wonder if they expressed the entire scale of the problem or followed suit with us and told the people they need (by some estimates) one fifth of what it would take to stop the bleeding.

Congressman Paul appears to have a firm grasp on the corrective measures necessary to get this ship righted. Those in power may not like it but in the end better times will come when we do.

Has anyone seen the financial reset button? I know it was around here somewhere....lol
Is that like the easy button?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 AM

9,401 posts, read 14,347,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
While it may be too late to save the GOP ticket, perhaps Congressman Paul can save us yet - he's just the person we need as Treasury Secretary. At least he'll understand what needs to be done, can explain who it will affect, why it happened, and give us reasons and ways to prevent another disaster along these lines.
Look, a small minority agrees with the sentiment you express, but the situation is what it is.

Even if, with the aim of focusing in on one common-sense message, we attempted to dominate this forum with lead threads warning that the biggest issue in this campaign is that Americans start right now to produce more than they consume and be more productive in what they do, we would still be drowned out by a plethora of red herring threads.

The nation has become a fat cow, maggot-infested.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:12 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,336,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Ron Paul's strict adherence to the United States Constitution, that piece of paper most around here would just assume place on the bottom of a bird cage, makes him the least desirable person in the DC to NY corridor of power.

Both Washington and Wall Street want one thing, the perpetuation of the established order, which right now more closely resembles soft fascism in the form of some sick sycophantic obedience fest that quests to see just how much wealth can be transferred from the bottom to the top without the top falling over. Of course that pesky and most undesirable piece of paper known as the US Constitution places all those damned rules and regulations that do little more than stifle business and the quest for a modern feudal system.
Thanks for that, wish I had you on 'rep repeat'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections