Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do people really think he could end public education, the federal reserve, and big government? Are people this naive? There is no way 95% of what Ron Paul says would ever happen.

You tell me if he makes any sense!

Let's debate the parts of his ideology you disagree with.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,281,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
If Ron Paul managed to get elected then that would reflect the tide of opinions of the United States. These views would then be set to influence members of the House and Senate to seriously re-consider things like the Fed, Public Education etc. etc.

This is what I believe also. The fact that he would be elected would send a huge message to the House and Senate as to what the people really want.

And, heck, if he could just accomplish 25% of what he wants, we would be sooooooooo much better off.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,580,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
Why teabaggers do not think Ron Paul is electable.

YouTube - ‪Fox Banned Ron Paul Video‬‏
why do you keep using that offensive term?
Ron Paul would be the first President in my lifetime that would actually do his best to reduce the size of government and restore true capitalism to this country. He would be an outstanding President, and I will be proud to vote for him.
There is nothing phony about this man, he calls em as he sees em, and tells it like it is. How refreshing is that.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 PM

355 posts, read 209,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
why do you keep using that offensive term?
Ron Paul would be the first President in my lifetime that would actually do his best to reduce the size of government and restore true capitalism to this country. He would be an outstanding President, and I will be proud to vote for him.
There is nothing phony about this man, he calls em as he sees em, and tells it like it is. How refreshing is that.
I use that "offensive" term since teabaggers originally censored Ron Paul. Why do you support censorship of an actual fiscal conservative who is anti-war and pro-civil liberties?

I support Ron Paul. Please take your case elsewhere.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 PM

309 posts, read 428,531 times
Quote:
Teabaggers hijacked the Ron Paul Revolution. In fact, they censored him from a 2008 debate.
The use of the term you have chosen to use is offensive. As to the rest of your of comment, please explain how he was censored from a 2008 debate.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 PM

355 posts, read 209,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
The use of the term you have chosen to use is offensive. As to the rest of your of comment, please explain how he was censored from a 2008 debate.
You are a sensitive one, eh? Fox News, a leading advocate behind the tea party movement, banned Ron Paul from a Republican debate in 2008.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:54 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,895,045 times
Quote:
You are a sensitive one, eh? Fox News, a leading advocate behind the tea party movement, banned Ron Paul from a Republican debate in 2008.
So...the TEA Party movement didn't actually ban Ron Paul,you just made a GIANT leap.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 PM

541 posts, read 1,903,853 times
Quote:
I think in 2008 the Teaparty was still a Ron Paul movement. Ron Paul, however, was certainly excluded from some of the Republican debates.

The Teaparty movement wasn't highjacked by the Republicans until after Obama was elected.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:57 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,895,045 times
I don't actually believe the TEA Party existed in 2008 as an actual movement....

Old 06-20-2011, 11:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I don't actually believe the TEA Party existed in 2008 as an actual movement....

It was Ron Paul's grass roots organized supporters.

Then it got jacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections