Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama vs. Republican
Obama 38 47.50%
Republican 42 52.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
There are plenty of Republicans I would have voted for, but there are no viable GOP candidates running. If Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice ran for presidency, I would have voted for them in a heartbeat. I once thought Tim Pawlenty was a breath of fresh air but I was wrong. Ron Paul's policy is that of the Libertarian and I might consider voting for him since I'm an indepdent.

When Obama ran, I didn't vote for him. I voted for Hillary Clinton though.

And I've voted for Meg Whitman for governor of California. I mention this because I've seen you post in the California forum and you probably missed some of my posts.

How I vote depends on what I think it is really needed for America. Screw ideologies.
OK, you win, but as for Powell, he may have an R next to his name but he isn't what most of us think of as a Repbulican. Condi, on the other hand is a true Republican.

Yep, I do spend time on the Ca board, but not as much as here and the food and drink forum.

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
There are sane, smart Republicans who are rooted in reality. The problem is, none of them are running for presidency. This is like going to an establishment with the expectation of purchasing a product, but that product is out of stock and we end up with two other alternatives.
Other than Powell and Condi who do you think are smart and sane Republicans?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:11 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,370,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
You're absolutely right. Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate I would vote for over Obama.
If Paul does not get the nod I will vote 3rd party.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
If Paul does not get the nod I will vote 3rd party.
as much as I see that as wasting a vote, at least you are saying you will vote. Some are saying, if my candidate doesn't get the nomination I am not voting period. That is hard for me to understand..

Nita

Old 07-17-2011, 11:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,646,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Wow. 22 Obamalemmings on this forum are willing to reward 2.5 years of failure after failure. This country is screwed.

It appears nearly half the country are also lemmings...those who hold entitlements and his government stooges make up nearly half.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,701,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Other than Powell and Condi who do you think are smart and sane Republicans?
Rick Perry and Chris Christie. I also admire Meghan McCain. John McCain is... tolerable, I guess. The fact is, there are a lot of other Republicans who would be viable candidates for governor, Senate, president -- but not many of them are running.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Rick Perry and Chris Christie. I also admire Meghan McCain. John McCain is... tolerable, I guess. The fact is, there are a lot of other Republicans who would be viable candidates for governor, Senate, president -- but not many of them are running.
ok, of course I think 80% of the Republicans love Chris Chritie and Rubio as well, but it is too soon for either. You say, Perry, he will very likely be in the race in the next few weeks. (that is what the rumors are anyway) Pawlenty was at the top of my list but I have cooled on him and am watching Perry for starters. the only Republican that will go anywhere I really would have trouble with is Romney. As for Meghan McCain, I can't her....I wasn't too crazy over her dad, but he was better than her. She reminds me of *****.

Nita

Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,646,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, of course I think 80% of the Republicans love Chris Chritie and Rubio as well, but it is too soon for either. You say, Perry, he will very likely be in the race in the next few weeks. (that is what the rumors are anyway) Pawlenty was at the top of my list but I have cooled on him and am watching Perry for starters. the only Republican that will go anywhere I really would have trouble with is Romney. As for Meghan McCain, I can't her....I wasn't too crazy over her dad, but he was better than her. She reminds me of *****.

Nita
Christie/Rubio ticket would be great. But Christie has said he will not run this time around. Maybe Perry/Rubio.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:42 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well since we have no idea which republican will get the nomination, could be Paul, Huckabee, Romney, Bachmann and her hubby, or even Palin or Gingrich. If Bachmann, Palin, Gingrich, or Perry, then Obama is all set to win again. the others then repubs have a chance.
i think the economy will determine who wins, not the candidate.

incumbent presidents are defeated when the economy is bad.

i still have my hopes on ron paul, but the media sure isn't going to help.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think the economy will determine who wins, not the candidate.

incumbent presidents are defeated when the economy is bad.

i still have my hopes on ron paul, but the media sure isn't going to help.
Media is giving him more attention.

Ron Paul is really the only candidate who can beat Obama.

Perry definitely wouldn't come close to beating Obama. Hate to say it, but being a governor from Texas (like W) will really hurt him. People will associate him with W.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections