Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:11 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,349,798 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul is an interesting choice but the truth is that he will not get elected as a republican. They don't respect nor want him to represent them because of his radical views (to them). The rest of the front runners of the republican party are either hypocrites, big business cronies, out of their mind or down right liars. I'm not a great fan of the president, but I realize that we could have been doing far worst without him. I would vote for ron only if he does not run as a republican and depending on his VP choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,702,017 times
If that happens, America is doomed.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,234,088 times
America has "no choice"????

That's only if there is only ONE candidate listed on the ballot, like in Communist countries.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,482,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

That's only if there is only ONE candidate listed on the ballot, like in Communist countries.
What do you think their end game is?

Old 08-19-2011, 10:31 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,448,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I don't know where you get your facts from but it is illegal for any state to leave the union per the U.S. Constitution.

No it's not!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:08 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,003,563 times
Better the devil you know and all that.

At least we KNOW what to expect with Obama since we've had him for almost 4 years. Who knows WHAT will happen with any of those clowns.

Though Romney is the only one I can stand. I was sincerely looking at him in 2008 but McCain was touting "I've a war hero! Did you hear me say I'm a WAR hero! I've been a POW! So because of that I'm OBVIOUSLY the best choice because did I mention I'm a WAR hero"

Reminded me of that movie Head of State. Though there were no party names it was obvious Chris Rock was the democrat and the white guy "I've been vice president for 8 years, I'm a war hero, and I'm Sharon Stone's cousin" was the republican. But he couldn't get enough of saying war like McCain as if that's the main reason we should vote for him.

But I digress.

Better the devil you know....Obama.

I think republicans biggest issue is social issues. As a Christian, I'm of the mind of you leave me the crap alone and don't mess with me and I'll leave you the crap alone and won't mess with you. I don't agree with gay issues at all but I don't give a flying leap who anyone else wants to have sex with and what they want to do. I worry about myself and my own personal business and don't get all up in anyone else's DEMANDING they see and do things MY way. Abortion too. I don't agree with it at all but that's not my body. That's your body. I don't own anyone's body but my own so I don't believe in telling anyone else what they should do with theirs. Parents get up in arms when others tell them how to/what they should do for/with their kids so on abortion that's the same thing. Your body, your kid. Not mine, not my effing business.

I could get behind them on fiscal issues for the most part but no one hears them on that so the GOP uses social issues and the far crazy, hypocritical right to push over the edge over what's right and wrong.

That's not the Lord above in Heaven I serve's way. That's the warped way that gives "Christian" a bad name.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:17 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,994,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Dems and reps put on a show of bickering to hide their secret money dealings behind the scenes. If you notice, they both end up doing the same things in the end, despite their arguments to the contrary.

Ron Paul is the only one who seems truly independent, and not tied to special interests and back door deals. Why do you say he's unelectable? Because the media has not hyped him enough to invigorate the masses toward him? There's a reason for that - going back to the first paragraph of my post.
I more than 100% agree with you! Obama raised taxes to the poor and middle class! The majority of his voters! And cut the taxes of the riches! Same agenda, different face! I truly do not know who to vote for regardless of my political party.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,980,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Yeah right.. and I suppose those black businessmen were better off under Bush or will be better off under a Republican president. The fact is, Obama inherited a huge mess from Bush. He's trying his best but the Republicans are trying to destroy him at every turn. The economy was actually recovering until the Republicans took control of the House. I still believe Obama has the right plan and vision for America. However as long as Republicans are apart of the government, America will never fully recover from the recession. The GOP, not Obama is the problem.
The problem with your "thinking" is that the GOP had *no power whatsoever* from 2008-2010. You and your merry band of statists had control of the White House as well as supermajorities in both the Senate and the House of Representatives.

The left was free to do whatever it wished, AND IT DID. And we find ourselves in an ever worsening economy because of it.

How brainwashed do you have to be to ignore these FACTS and continue to parrot the DNC/Oblama hogwash about "inherited." Lest you forget, Oblama and the Democrats took over Congress in 2006 - and have continuously worsened our economic situation by spending money we don't have.

The ONLY people who are talknig about the true issue of unsustainable government growth are the hated Tea Partiers - not statist Lemocrats and not statist Republicans. If you, Oblama, and the Democrats have your way, the entire system will come crashing down and what you see happening in Greece and London will be happening right here in the USA.

The fact that so many in our country think like you - totally oblivious to facts - is very frightening.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:48 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,030,004 times
You really make a good point, I'm just thinking of not voting. The only one I could vote for is Romney and that's not good. I'll be honest his religion does bother me a bit. I haven't made up my mind yet about him.

The others are too radical and are promising things that just are not realistic.
Some have no experience. I'm just not seeing alot of electable people on the right.

I really want a moderate..

Old 08-28-2011, 01:05 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,568,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

Everyone knows there will be more than one candidate on the ballot. The fact I was trying to make is that the Republican candidates are a joke and none of them can match up to Obama hence America has no choice but to re-elect Obama because he is simply the best candidate out there by far. Capiche?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-01-2011 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections