Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I wish Jon Huntsman got more exposure.
Really, whether it be the spray on tan, the tanning booth,
or the ski slopes of UT, I think he's had enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
I wish Jon Huntsman got more exposure. He seems the most rational and forward thinking out of all of them. I also like his international diplomacy and his independant style not pandering to extreme party lines. I like that he's not the spin doctor in the empty suit (Mitt Romney) or the ideological corporate bed buddy eluding to Texas can do no wrong (Rick Perry). Huntsman seems most qualified to get things done on both sides of the aisle.

This election has been trending towards the shoe in front runner (Mitt Romney), then flavor of the month (Michelle Bachman, followed by Rick Perry). Scapegoating Obama and bombarding TV networks with negative ads isn't going to get a Repbublican elected (or I least I hope not based on that premise). We need a moderate. Given Obama won the Iowa caucases coming out of left field back in 2008; is it possible that Huntsman could do the same in 2012, perhaps more likely in the New Hampshire primaries?
If you want a Democrat vote on the other side of the ballot!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
I wish Jon Huntsman got more exposure. He seems the most rational and forward thinking out of all of them. I also like his international diplomacy and his independant style not pandering to extreme party lines. I like that he's not the spin doctor in the empty suit (Mitt Romney) or the ideological corporate bed buddy eluding to Texas can do no wrong (Rick Perry). Huntsman seems most qualified to get things done on both sides of the aisle.

This election has been trending towards the shoe in front runner (Mitt Romney), then flavor of the month (Michelle Bachman, followed by Rick Perry). Scapegoating Obama and bombarding TV networks with negative ads isn't going to get a Repbublican elected (or I least I hope not based on that premise). We need a moderate. Given Obama won the Iowa caucases coming out of left field back in 2008; is it possible that Huntsman could do the same in 2012, perhaps more likely in the New Hampshire primaries?
he is just to far to the left and has to compete with Romney. He is going nowhere, but he certainly didn't do badly last night. I still will vote for a true Republican, maybe you should do the same if you want any real improvements.

Nita

Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 AM

10,744 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
If you want a Democrat vote on the other side of the ballot!
so if I'm not pleased with Obama but I'm not an extreme conservative, I must be pigeonholed into voting for the Republican frontrunner, No moderate choices? How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
he is just to far to the left and has to compete with Romney. He is going nowhere, but he certainly didn't do badly last night. I still will vote for a true Republican, maybe you should do the same if you want any real improvements.

Nita
So you are basically saying I should go with the establishment because it's for my own good. Hells No Nita, I can think for myself thank you. I was living in Mass. when Romney was governor. I don't trust him nor do I believe much of what he says. Hard to know what his true colors really are. He did a mighty fine job of spin doctoring his way out of the question regarding Massachusetts Health Care Reform. It's mandated for goodness sake, with a $900 penalty! Rick Perry's colors are being exposed already and he's too far out there also and doesn't seem rational as if Texas were just flawless right now, I'm not buying it (https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...errys-mad.html).

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 09-08-2011 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I still will vote for a true Republican...
I had to stop and check to see if I was on the right forum. I thought maybe I was actually over on the Christianity forum where the evangelical crowd is always calling themselves "true Christians" and dismissing every point of view other than their own as something other than "true Christians." Now I see the same thing happening over on the Politics forum. If people aren't mega-conservative Republicans, they're not "true Republicans." Good grief. This all-or-nothing mentality is just driving me nuts.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,695,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I had to stop and check to see if I was on the right forum. I thought maybe I was actually over on the Christianity forum where the evangelical crowd is always calling themselves "true Christians" and dismissing every point of view other than their own as something other than "true Christians." Now I see the same thing happening over on the Politics forum. If people aren't mega-conservative Republicans, they're not "true Republicans." Good grief. This all-or-nothing mentality is just driving me nuts.
Amen. This is why I will never register myself as a member of any political party.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
I'm torn about Huntsman. At first I liked him as he seemed like the only candidate that was not anti-gay. But his condescending attitude toward anyone who doesn't believe climate change is man-made rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think the science is settled on that. But he just came off as an elitist snob in that exchange.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Amen. This is why I will never register myself as a member of any political party.
I hear ya! I'm a registered Republican who votes Democratic as often as not. I'm seriously thinking of removing my name from the Republican party rolls and just voting as the "true independent" that I guess I really am.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM

10,744 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No kidding, it's our downfall really, these divisive extremes. I hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I'm torn about Huntsman. At first I liked him as he seemed like the only candidate that was not anti-gay. But his condescending attitude toward anyone who doesn't believe climate change is man-made rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think the science is settled on that. But he just came off as an elitist snob in that exchange.
After last years oil spill, I'm not exactly buying into the drill baby drill philosophy. God forbid we get more innovative to suit our energy needs instead of screwing future generations. I appreciate that he can actually think for himself and not tow the party line creationism and anti-science philosophies.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
I completely agree! Huntsman would make a great candidate and I'd like to think his campaign would not be filled with mudslinging and idiocy. For once it would be nice to see a Republican candidate with an even toned, intelligent approach to politics, as opposed to the vitriolic b***hin' and moanin' or half-baked conspiracy theories we see today.

Agreed.
Unfortunately, it is the loons and outliers that make ratings and that's all that seems to interest the MSM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections