Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 02:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
You know what would be really fun...to see Ron Paul get elected. Can you imagine the puckering in D.C. if that happens???

Let's make it happen America!
Right, but he can't put this nation right, all by himself. We need to elect others that will support his principles, even if he is not there to implement them. We have let this nation go to hell, it is up to us to set a new direction, based upon Ron Pauls guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 02:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Funny, the only argument from the status-quo supporters is that "Ron Paul can't possibly win, so why bother".
Until you people actually put into words why you don't agree with his idealogy and policies and why you feel that the candidate you support would be a better fit for America, than there is no point in having a discussion. Although I feel we may be doomed anyway as there are way to many Americans that think like you.

Keep electing the Status-Quo and expecting different results though. What's that called again? Oh right, insanity.

I wrote a song about this called "Complacent insanity" ... Here are the lyrics, i believe they are appropriate.

Quote:
The things they talk about... We dont want to know. We dont care whats happening. Were all the same, our lives are plain. They try to warn us all about where not to go... Were not listening, were all the same our lives are vain.... *Chorus* They say wake up, dont go to sleep. The sky is falling the water is getting deep. Can you hear us, are we getting through. You can still change, its up to you. *end chorus* Everyone is running around ... We want to see a show! Its OKAY! Thats what we think. Because were insane, our lives are vain. They say its the end of the world, that cant be so! But if the worlds about to sink, were not to blame 'cause were insane. *Chorus* They say wake up, dont go to sleep. Your souls are dying , your lives on the brink. Can you hear us, are we getting through? You can find the way. Its up to you...*end chorus*
You can listen to the song and some of my others here ... Jamie Peay a.k.a. Word to the Wise, Citizen of ACIDplanet.com

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-08-2011 at 03:24 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 03:35 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Hopefully with the primaries moving up the quicker this gimmick can go away. I'm so tired of hearing and reading about this no chance gimmick candidate.
This is his 3rd and probably last time running. He's been rejected over and over.
Yes I know the people from his fan site will continue to flood and manipulate the online polls.

Even now that the majority of Americans have internet access, and they are not just getting their info from the "Big Bad Establishment Media"
it seems he is still being rejected.

Thank God.
“The Fathers who invented it [democracy], if they could return from Hell, would never recognize it. It was conceived as a free government of free men; it has become simply a battle of charlatans for the votes of idiots.”
-H.L. Mencken

“No one in this world, so far as I know … has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.”
-H.L. Mencken

Old 11-08-2011, 04:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
“The Fathers who invented it [democracy], if they could return from Hell, would never recognize it. It was conceived as a free government of free men; it has become simply a battle of charlatans for the votes of idiots.”
-H.L. Mencken

“No one in this world, so far as I know … has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.”
-H.L. Mencken
“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

-Winston Churchill

This feeling is mutual on both sides. Even my far left sociology professor once said he favored the government being run by political scientists, not voters since voters don't know what they want or anything

Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 PM

I've been saying it's either Newt or Paul, well I've changed my mind. I just watched an interview with Newt, and he is much more of a war hawk than I thought. Now Ron Paul is the only one that I can vote for. I am so disappointed in Newt wanting to hurt the Iranian people with even more sanctions, to take out their refinery's, and force regime change. He also said we, the U.S., are so much more powerful than Israel, suggesting we will do their fighting for them. I can't get behind any of that.
Those of us demanding an end to war, are in the minority. I wonder if the liberals would side with us, when there is a Republican in office.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I've been saying it's either Newt or Paul, well I've changed my mind. I just watched an interview with Newt, and he is much more of a war hawk than I thought. Now Ron Paul is the only one that I can vote for. I am so disappointed in Newt wanting to hurt the Iranian people with even more sanctions, to take out their refinery's, and force regime change. He also said we, the U.S., are so much more powerful than Israel, suggesting we will do their fighting for them. I can't get behind any of that.
Those of us demanding an end to war, are in the minority. I wonder if the liberals would side with us, when there is a Republican in office.

Claud, stop worrying about Newt...and take care of emily.

PS - Will this Thread continue after Paul is denied?

Old 11-08-2011, 05:35 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Hopefully with the primaries moving up the quicker this gimmick can go away. I'm so tired of hearing and reading about this no chance gimmick candidate.
This is his 3rd and probably last time running. He's been rejected over and over.
Yes I know the people from his fan site will continue to flood and manipulate the online polls.

Even now that the majority of Americans have internet access, and they are not just getting their info from the "Big Bad Establishment Media"
it seems he is still being rejected.

Thank God.
who are you supporting for president then?

Old 11-08-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

You're the one in denial of how strong his following is.

Bubble is when the price doesn't match the value, the price is inflated, for whatever reason, and eventually will burst, leading to deterioration of investment. This is a natural correction, good or bad. Ron Paul says, let the market correct itself, it won't be pleasant, but it will be faster than chasing our tail.
That's what I got out of the definitions, in my own words.

Bubble Economy | Economy Watch

Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

"There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time has come."-Victor Hugo.

Golden State - Bombs (End This War/The Ron Paul Song) - YouTube

Old 11-08-2011, 06:16 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections