Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 05:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times

Advertisements

This is good to know. jbs does a survey of Congress, as to their adherence to Constitutional principles.

Quote:
The New American's "Freedom Index" is a congressional scorecard that rates all members of the House and Senate based on their adherence to constitutional principles of limited government, fiscal responsibility, national sovereignty, and a traditional foreign policy of avoiding foreign entanglements. The index is published four times each two-year congressional term; each index rates Congressmen based on 10 key votes.

The latest index is our second installment for the current (112th) Congress, which began serving in January 2011. The average House score for this index is 48 percent and the average Senate score is 40 percent. Six House members earned 100-percent scores: Walter Jones (N.C.), Joe Wilson (S.C.), Jeff Duncan (S.C.), Trey Gowdy (S.C.), Mick Mulvaney (S.C.), and Ron Paul (Texas). In the Senate, Rand Paul (Ky.) was the top scorer with 90 percent.

Considering that every U.S. Representative and Senator takes an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution, one might expect that the Congress as a whole would score high on a congressional scorecard based on the Constitution. But as the scores indicate, this is not the case, despite the fact that it has become popular these days for candidates for public office to claim that they support the Constitution.

We encourage everyone to go to our new Freedom Index (get PDF by clicking here) and to see for themselves how their own Congressmen voted on each of the 10 key issues, as well as overall.

New "Freedom Index" Shows How Every Congressman Voted on Key Issues (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/10305-new-qfreedom-indexq-shows-how-every-congressman-voted-on-key-issues - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 06:18 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This is good to know. jbs does a survey of Congress, as to their adherence to Constitutional principles.

New "Freedom Index" Shows How Every Congressman Voted on Key Issues (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/10305-new-qfreedom-indexq-shows-how-every-congressman-voted-on-key-issues - broken link)

Yes Thanks! Maybe if this was posted where every American could see that 98 percent of Congress are spineless opportunists and they might actually wake up and realize their country, which they have taken for granted too long, is disintegrating all around them. It might even dawn on them that it is time to perhaps DO SOMETHING about it -- like get RID of them. TERM LIMITS is what we need.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 PM

This pic is evidently making the rounds of Ron Paul in uniform. It is proof of his "I went." answer regarding the draft when Gingrich took deferments.

Ron Paul "I went" photo going viral on Internet | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/201966/ron-paul-i-went-photo-going-viral-on-internet - broken link)

Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,195,047 times
Where did he go exactly?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
i tend to like things that americans boo at.
which of late have included things like , not spending what u dont have, church and protecting children and old people.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:15 PM

One feather in Ron Paul's cap is Doug Wead. Just LOOK at how he handles Chris Mattews in this interview.

Doug Wead on MSNBC with Chris Matthews (1/10/12) - YouTube

Here were some of the comments of viewers of the clip that are priceless on DailyPaul.com. Be sure to watch the clip so you can understand the comments.

http://www.dailypaul.com/202598/doug-wead-w-chris-matthews-on-msnbc-1-10-12#comments (broken link)

"The job I do not want is cleaning up the seat of Chris Matthews after this interview. LMAO"

Notice how Matthews says OK OK after each intended gotcha question that Wead completely turns back around on him! It is a RIOT!

This comment refers to Weads reaction to the questions. The laughing totally disarms Matthews. He can't create a defensive response he is going for with WEAD.

"The laughing does several things.
It throws them off and makes them unsteady, much in the same way that they interrupt all the time with "but, but, but sir, but sir, sir are you saying..." kind of stuff.
It also adds a positive air right from the start. When you see someone else who looks happy and is laughing, you feel the same.
And it looks much worse to attack a friendly, smiling, laughing, jovial person than one who looks sour or defensive.
It's a good tactic, and it seems to work well for him."

"We need another hit of WEAD!" " Chris Matthews got Wead Whacked."

Listen to Wead turn the question of Paul's age around too! He's incredible! He Exudes confidence which is what the campaign needs right now. Jesse Benton does a good job with the media too.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:33 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Where did he go exactly?
Where GinGrinch didn't.

Vietnam.

He served from 63-68.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 PM

Ron Paul supporters behind a reporter before the primary. "They are everywhere."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQEgsJh5S3c

Wolf Blitzer Announces Ron Paul will take second place in the NH primary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ6hnl5dTdU

"We are no longer the tireless minority!........We are growing by leaps and bounds.......and we are going to RESTORE FREEDOM TO THIS COUNTRY!" ~ Ron Paul

Ron Paul's New Hampshire Victory Speech (Fox News) - YouTube

Here's more from Wead on Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmafSP3vxEA

Last edited by emilybh; 01-11-2012 at 09:02 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
He's in second place in NH.
He's doing very nicely, isn't he. Won't last, unfortunately.

National, Gallup Tracking, 1/6 - 1/10: Romney 31, Gingrich 16, Paul 13, Santorum 15, Huntsman 2, Perry 6
http://www.nationalpolls.com/national.html

Old 01-11-2012, 09:18 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I live in Arizona, and I yes I am pretty unaffected by your police state as I've yet to encounter restrictions on my freedom to go where I want to go, express political dissent when I see fit, read differing political opinions that are critical of aspects our government in the newspaper and in forums like this. I have trouble imagining this as a police state.
^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections