Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 02:32 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering about the absentee votes, do they have those in this caucus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm wondering about the absentee votes, do they have those in this caucus?
I'm pretty sure you have to go and show up in person and then after speakers stumping for the various candidates they take a show of hands. So it is kind of hard to fudge the voting results at the local level. Then those results are taken to the county and then the state where they can be doctored up and have been in the past according to some pretty convincing sounding sources. I hope they don't manage to get away with it this time.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Romney is owned by JPMorgan Chase he is the flip side of Obama...
God help us if either wins...
That's an understatement!

Old 01-01-2012, 04:08 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to go and show up in person and then after speakers stumping for the various candidates they take a show of hands. So it is kind of hard to fudge the voting results at the local level. Then those results are taken to the county and then the state where they can be doctored up and have been in the past according to some pretty convincing sounding sources. I hope they don't manage to get away with it this time.
Winning Iowa is no guarantee of victory in November - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/31/2568922/winning-iowa-is-no-guarantee-of.html - broken link)
Dominated by evangelical activists, the Iowa caucuses tend to be better at establishing losers — fourth place or worse usually kills a campaign — than winners.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You Paul people need to suck it up and accept the inevitable. Your man doesn't have a chance - none, nada, zip.

The Obama campaign is praying for one of the weirdo repubs (so many to pick from) to be the candidate. The only GOPers that will give him a run for his money are Romney or Huntsman, and Huntsman can't get any support from his party.

Romney, as wishy washy as he is, could beat Obama, IF he avoids McCain's mistake of choosing an absolute idiot (again, so many to pick from) for a running mate.
Then in that case, don't shove your NDAA/Patriot Act crap in my face when I make my one-way ticket departure.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:29 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You Paul people need to suck it up and accept the inevitable. Your man doesn't have a chance - none, nada, zip.

The Obama campaign is praying for one of the weirdo repubs (so many to pick from) to be the candidate. The only GOPers that will give him a run for his money are Romney or Huntsman, and Huntsman can't get any support from his party.

Romney, as wishy washy as he is, could beat Obama, IF he avoids McCain's mistake of choosing an absolute idiot (again, so many to pick from) for a running mate.
You Paul people? Who are you talking too RAY...

Your whole post smells of fear. Are you Mormon?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:26 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
No actually we all know that chemotherapy is a wonderful wholesome nutrient and those of us who get Cancer are just deficient in it (NOT).
This loop of logic is astounding in its childishness. Carry on, believe in your quacks.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Umm, most forms of cancer are caused from mineral/vitamin deficiencies in the body. This is old info and definitely not a conspiracy.
Sure it is. I'd wager you have zero experience in the field, little formal education, and just believe things you read on the internet if the catch your fancy. Standard tin hatter conspiracy nut, all expert from reading a few web sites, telling others they are naive. What color bricks do you lay for a living up there in Alaska?

Old 01-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
This loop of logic is astounding in its childishness. Carry on, believe in your quacks.
I guess the definition of "quack" to you is anything that isn't MSM endorsed and government backed. Certainly you don't do any of your own research and come up with any of your own ideas and anyone who does to you is "childish".

Old 01-02-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I guess the definition of "quack" to you is anything that isn't MSM endorsed and government backed.
No, I'd say being rejected and mocked by the scientific and medical communities would suffice. Note I can't say rejected by his peers because they aren't, your hero has a degree in communications so he's neither scientist or doctor. But hey if you choose to cast your trust in health matters to a guy with no medical credentials or training and believes cancer should be cured with non-drug therapy then have at it. I reject it and am happy to label idiots who subscribe to it as rubes.

Quote:
Certainly you don't do any of your own research and come up with any of your own ideas and anyone who does to you is "childish".
Yeah I'm sure you believe looking at youtube videos all day to post here is what you consider "research" and forming your own ideas. Hey post some more videos for us about the chem trails, the evil electric meters, the poisonous fluoride, the dangerous vaccines, the quack cancer cure heroes you worship. Enlighten us, oh my youtube warrior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections