Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Ron Paul is no conservative, he's a through and through libertarian.
And what exactly do you think a true conservative is

Really - define for me, what you think a true conservative is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 09:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Ron Paul is no conservative, he's a through and through libertarian.

Libertarian?
What Progressive policy does Ron Paul support?

There is no middle of the road with Ron Paul!

I think the majority of Progressives cannot grasp what a real Constitutional Conservative is.
Not a religiously social Neocon, that is for sure.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

good luck with that.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

I think of conservative Republicans as people like Hannity. Pro-war, pro-Christian legislation, pro big government. They are fine with a boot on our neck, as long as it's their boot. Ron Paulies want to replace the boot with a soft fuzzy slipper. The biggest thing lacking in gov't is honesty and integrity, that's one of the main draws to Ron Paul. He is different, he is real.

I don't like labelling, so perhaps some of you would define neo-con and ****crat for me. I have no idea what they are.
Pluto is censored?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I think of conservative Republicans as people like Hannity. Pro-war, pro-Christian legislation, pro big government. They are fine with a boot on our neck, as long as it's their boot. Ron Paulies want to replace the boot with a soft fuzzy slipper. The biggest thing lacking in gov't is honesty and integrity, that's one of the main draws to Ron Paul. He is different, he is real.

That is a Neocon. A Progressive Lite, wearing an R next to their name.

Progressive policy has made it's way into both parties. If it is an attack on the true meaning of the Constitution, it is Progressive. To Progress away from the Constitution of a peoples nation, to a totalitarian fascist society, based on world domination.

One goes in to look as the worlds savior and the other as the worlds dominater

Old 09-18-2011, 10:13 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,819,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Libertarian?
What Progressive policy does Ron Paul support?
Ron Paul has some of the, if not thee most hard left views in congress. For example:

Legalize not just marijuana, but all drugs

End all the wars, including bringing troops home from occupied nations we've been in for decades. Significantly reduce military spending, end the warmongering and to stop being the world's police

Strongly anti big corporations being in bed with the government, AKA corporatism/fascism

Ending handouts and tax breaks to the wealthy and large corporations

There should be no interference with freedom from right wing big government social issues (gay marriage, abortion, etc,..)

Strongly against the big government, anti-constitution right wing patriot act.

Keeping the separation between church and state

Strongly against the big government, anti-constitution, big spending right wing department of homeland security.

And I could go on and on,..

Quote:
There is no middle of the road with Ron Paul!
Huh? Libertarians are not left nor right.

Quote:
I think the majority of Progressives cannot grasp what a real Constitutional Conservative is.
That's an oxymoron. The conservatives don't give a damn about the constitution.

Quote:
Not a religiously social Neocon, that is for sure.
That's true, Paul is not a piece of trash like most all on the GOP that use the bible as nothing more than a prop to get votes and lead the gullible.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Just shows how liberal Ron Paul really is. True conservatives will never vote for him. I won't.
True Conservatives place the Constitution first . Paul is the only GOP candidate who does walk that walk. There are none in the Democrat party who've I've ever whitnessed upholding their oath to the US Constitution.

Social conservatism does not necessarily translate to Constitutional Conservatism. I think that Perry, Bachmann and Santorum are examples of candidates willing to sell out the US Constitution for religion. Ron Paul would follow the letter of the US Constitution in preserving the First Amendment.

I have to wonder what your definition of a "true Conservative" is if not Constitutional Conservativism.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,890,797 times
I think the more interesting thing about these straw polls is how poorly Romney usually shows. I know this time around he's said he won't be concentrating in straw polls, but does anyone know if he did any better when he did concentrate on them in 2008?

To me, straw polls may not be an accurate predictor of election outcomes, but they are a good gauge of the health of the grassroots elements of each campaign. Obviously that alone will not win the nomination (see Ron Paul), but it is an important part of any campaign.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Ron Paul has some of the, if not thee most hard left views in congress. For example:

Legalize not just marijuana, but all drugs

It is Progressive policy and has been for over a Century, to have prohibition of alcohol and drugs

Quote:
End all the wars, including bringing troops home from occupied nations we've been in for decades. Significantly reduce military spending, end the warmongering and to stop being the world's police

It is Progressive policy and has been for over a Century, To get involved in other nations business. Starting with Woodrow Wilson and the war he promised not to get involved in to get elected. Then in short order we were in WW-I. To FDR and his "Japan attacked us, but we are going to fight Germany first" To Korea, Vietnam, ..... Progressive policy of world domination, by being the worlds police.

Quote:
Strongly anti big corporations being in bed with the government, AKA corporatism/fascism

That is the Progressive element left from the ideas of Fascism planted in the 1910's during Wilson's administration and carried out big time in FDR's administration. Harding and Coolidge, busted that crap up as much as they could, with the union busting they did.

Quote:
Ending handouts and tax breaks to the wealthy and large corporations.

It is Progressive policy and has been for over a Century, to pick the winners and losers instead of the free market working it out.
Look what is happening today(Boeing, GM, Chyrsler, the banks))

Quote:
There should be no interference with freedom from right wing big government social issues (gay marriage, abortion, etc,..)

There should be no group collective favors and special right. Everyone is equal as an individual.

Quote:
Strongly against the big government, anti-constitution right wing patriot act.

That is as Progressive as you get. That is not Conservative Policy. GW. Bush a Progressive Lite, wearing an R by his Neocon name, was no Constitutional Conservative. That is right out of the Fascist FDR book.

Quote:
Keeping the separation between church and state

There is a big difference in keeping government out of gods business and god staying out of governments business. There is no laws saying all politicians must be atheist.

Quote:
Strongly against the big government, anti-constitution, big spending right wing department of homeland security.

Seems big spending left-wing made it much bigger and badder, didn't they!!!
Another Progressive policy, to control the people.

Quote:
That's an oxymoron. The conservatives don't give a damn about the constitution.
No it is the Progressives and the Progressive Lite's in both parties that don't give a crap about the Constitution, unless it helps their cause. They go over, around and under it, when it is in the way of their big brilliant idea to herd the sheep.

Quote:
That's true, Paul is not a piece of trash like most all on the GOP that use the bible as nothing more than a prop to get votes and lead the gullible.

So you admit here. You are just now getting it. Slowly.

Just because they wear an R, does not make them a Conservative. Far from it! Let me ask. Do you think Lindsey Graham, or John McCain, are Constitutional Conservatives?

Old 09-18-2011, 11:14 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,819,953 times
Quote:
It is Progressive policy and has been for over a Century, to have prohibition of alcohol and drugs

It is Progressive policy and has been for over a Century, To get involved in other nations business. Starting with Woodrow Wilson and the war he promised not to get involved in to get elected. Then in short order we were in WW-I. To FDR and his "Japan attacked us, but we are going to fight Germany first" To Korea, Vietnam, ..... Progressive policy of world domination, by being the worlds police.

That is the Progressive element left from the ideas of Fascism planted in the 1910's during Wilson's administration and carried out big time in FDR's administration. Harding and Coolidge, busted that crap up as much as they could, with the union busting they did.

It is Progressive policy and has been for over a Century, to pick the winners and losers instead of the free market working it out.
Look what is happening today(Boeing, GM, Chyrsler, the banks))

There should be no group collective favors and special right. Everyone is equal as an individual.

That is as Progressive as you get. That is not Conservative Policy. GW. Bush a Progressive Lite, wearing an R by his Neocon name, was no Constitutional Conservative. That is right out of the Fascist FDR book.

There is a big difference in keeping government out of gods business and god staying out of governments business. There is no laws saying all politicians must be atheist.

Seems big spending left-wing made it much bigger and badder, didn't they!!!
Another Progressive policy, to control the people.

No it is the Progressives and the Progressive Lite's in both parties that don't give a crap about the Constitution, unless it helps their cause. They go over, around and under it, when it is in the way of their big brilliant idea to herd the sheep.

So you admit here. You are just now getting it. Slowly.

Just because they wear an R, does not make them a Conservative. Far from it! Let me ask. Do you think Lindsey Graham, or John McCain, are Constitutional Conservatives?
Yeah,...every single one of these extreme right issues Paul is against is somehow twisted into being progressive ideas The GOP and tea party have been nothing but perfect angels that have done nothing but the greatest and best things since day one
The brainwashing that most on the right in this country have is unbelievable,....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections