Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM

313 posts, read 834,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Yeah just discovered that, the Bankster Cain wins... and Gardasil Rick was Second and Romney the liar flip flopper 3rd; Santorum "they hate us for our prosperity" comes in 4th and Ron Paul who missed his speech was 5th.

That is certainly a switch. Well wasn't Florida the state that had so many problems figuring out how to vote (the chad issue) that a presidential election was held up one year? Floridians aren't the sharpest kife in the stack, that is for sure.

I wonder if it would have made a difference if Ron Paul was there for his speech?
He may have come in ahead of Santorum but I don't think it would have made that much of a diff. I say good for Cain. He has been working FL for months now since registration had to have been completed months ago. Him and Perry have been placing a lot of calls and sending a lot of mailers out. I think this really shows that Perry is losing support since he put a lot into this and Cain beat him by more than double.

Ron Paul got 10% without putting anything into this other than the debate and a speech yesterday. It really shows that he has real support and we both know that his support runs deep. The GOP nominee will need his supporters to win against Obama and if they put up another status quo candidate, that's not going to happen.

Also, remember straw polls mean nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That's the strange thing, Paul got 10% while Bachmann got 11%.
Hats off to dixie, she nailed this one. I didn't see it comin.

I messed that up, Santorum got 11%.
Cain wins an upset victory in Florida presidential straw poll - The Hill's Ballot Box
Bachmann got 1%. I think she is done.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:55 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
damn those tea party racists.. just wait til morgan freeman hears about this

Old 09-24-2011, 06:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Everything I have seen on TV, they don't mention or show Paul.

Didn't it cost to vote in this poll? A straw poll tax?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Cain doesn't stand a chance.

A far more fundamental problem for the misguided, rampaging Hurri-Cain is the notion that the 61 million who voted for the reelection of George Bush contained possibly 60.9 million who would not vote for a black candidate simply because he is black. It will be interesting to see how Cain fares as the primary season progresses, given the bigoted ideology and history of his party. The man seems nuts to me.

His GOP constituents will never pick him over Romney in other words, just on this basic trait, one that has nothing to do with his position on the issues. Cain wouldn't even be picked as VP for this very reason.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everything I have seen on TV, they don't mention or show Paul.

Didn't it cost to vote in this poll? A straw poll tax?
$175. I heard from people that went that they had to jump through hoops to be able to go. That the local GOP groups pick who the "delegates" will be after meeting with them several times. Much different than the other straw polls since not everyone that wanted to go had the chance to.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Very happy to have heard the results!!!

37% - Cain
15% - Perry
14% - Romney
1% - Bachmann

After the Thursday night debate, Perry still leads Romney.

Not really, Romney did not put any money into this straw poll at all. Perry sunk a huge amount into it and Romney still basically tied with him. This spoke volumes about how people in Fla feel about Perry now.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:39 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
Besides the stereotyping, (contained...), and the cutesy mocking of Mr Cain's name, you don't have a very credible post. Both brand you as unsophisticated and immature in your understanding of the world as a whole. Stereotypic generalizations and cutesy name-calling and sarcasm are sophmoric at best.

The majority of folks who do not support Mr. Obama do so because his policies have thus far failed to produce any meaningful positive change.

Not because of any racial prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
A far more fundamental problem for the misguided, rampaging Hurri-Cain is the notion that the 61 million who voted for the reelection of George Bush contained possibly 60.9 million who would not vote for a black candidate simply because he is black. It will be interesting to see how Cain fares as the primary season progresses, given the bigoted ideology and history of his party. The man seems nuts to me.

His GOP constituents will never pick him over Romney in other words, just on this basic trait, one that has nothing to do with his position on the issues. Cain wouldn't even be picked as VP for this very reason.

Last edited by earthlyfather; 09-24-2011 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: spelling EF

Old 09-24-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

lol...it has nothing to do with being black. Those that voted for Bush just recognized that Obama was not a good choice to replace him. The same people like Herman Cain because he makes good sense, has worked in the real world, and has good leadership skills They like him!

Old 09-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Yeah just discovered that, the Bankster Cain wins... and Gardasil Rick was Second and Romney the liar flip flopper 3rd; Santorum "they hate us for our prosperity" comes in 4th and Ron Paul who missed his speech was 5th.

That is certainly a switch. Well wasn't Florida the state that had so many problems figuring out how to vote (the chad issue) that a presidential election was held up one year? Floridians aren't the sharpest kife in the stack, that is for sure.

I wonder if it would have made a difference if Ron Paul was there for his speech?

Sour grapes much there? It is not good to be a poor loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections