Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:55 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,251,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
That is certainly a switch. Well wasn't Florida the state that had so many problems figuring out how to vote (the chad issue) that a presidential election was held up one year? Floridians aren't the sharpest kife in the stack, that is for sure.

I wonder if it would have made a difference if Ron Paul was there for his speech?
Emily,
I live in Florida and in the same county as the "chad" problem. Not far from that precinct (rolling eyes). The ballot in 2000 was very user friendly and coming from one who has vision problems, I found it simple and easy to understand.

What we have to work with now as far as ballots go is setting us back 40 years. Cumbersome to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 01:59 PM

Smile Agreed -

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So many people i know or are acquainted with, really like Cain, his mannerisim, his direct attitude, nor hold bars, and no kissing butt, from what we can see. Like his approach also. Does not seem to be a bully type either. Nor does he seem to be the type, that if you disagree with him, he will make you pay, just does not seem that way at all.

Many of my democratic friends, really like Cain, but also coming around to Romney. More so then Perry. Yes i have more democrat friends then Republicians, but this time around, honestly, they feel anyone would be better then Obama, and no they are not falling for any cliche of Hope n' Change, they said once was too many, and good for them.
I feel the same way! Some people I know feel the same way - some of these are Independents. We just need someone with the above qualities. I like his answers.

We need some new solutions. Washington isn't working. Cain seems like a leader and that's what we need.

I could care less about the skin color and it's like people looking at me b/c of my disability - I've had to work twice as hard because of it and it makes me mad when that's all people see.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:04 PM

Smile Perry's position on illegals - I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Very true, it is way early. Usually, in straw polls you get what you pay for. Except in this case, Perry paid a lot and didn't get much in return. His social security remarks and position on illegal immigration along with his terrible debate peformance did him in. This outcome was totally unexpected though. Perry is going to have make some major adjustments.
Perry has lost my vote b/c of his stance on illegal immigration. I have a problem with the word illegal - the rest of us legals are suffering.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:28 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I feel the same way! Some people I know feel the same way - some of these are Independents. We just need someone with the above qualities. I like his answers.

We need some new solutions. Washington isn't working. Cain seems like a leader and that's what we need.

I could care less about the skin color and it's like people looking at me b/c of my disability - I've had to work twice as hard because of it and it makes me mad when that's all people see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Perry has lost my vote b/c of his stance on illegal immigration. I have a problem with the word illegal - the rest of us legals are suffering.
You appear to see things VERY clear...as they are, Bette!

Reading 3 or so of your posts on this thread, I have felt like I'm reading my own 'words' to describe Rick Perry (artificial, untrustworthy candidate) and my new support of Herman Cain, who looks VERY impressive...with integrity and experienced business sense and success.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:40 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,700,685 times
Maybe Herman Cain bribed the Florida GOP voters with free pizza to each household the night before the straw poll.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Maybe Herman Cain bribed the Florida GOP voters with free pizza to each household the night before the straw poll.

I believe Cain might just be the only candidate on that forum the other night, who would not 'bribe' anyone.

Ooops, forgot Bachmann. Don't think she would...but hard to trust ANY politician.

Last edited by quality guy; 09-25-2011 at 05:05 PM..

Old 09-25-2011, 10:20 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Besides the stereotyping, (contained...), and the cutesy mocking of Mr Cain's name, you don't have a very credible post. Both brand you as unsophisticated and immature in your understanding of the world as a whole. Stereotypic generalizations and cutesy name-calling and sarcasm are sophmoric at best.

The majority of folks who do not support Mr. Obama do so because his policies have thus far failed to produce any meaningful positive change.

Not because of any racial prejudice.
thank you for saying what I would like to have said. I read the referenced post several times and just kept shaking my head.....

Old 09-26-2011, 12:56 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,889,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Maybe if he gets more buzz from us chat folks, the media will have no choice but to pick up on him. Interesting how our left-leaning friends have not weighed in on him. Seems like he is being underestimated.
I have noticed some left wing people in here, weighing in positively on Herman. That's a good sign, we'll happily take the votes of the hard core left in our pursuit to get obama far away from the WH...
I like Cain more and more every day...

Old 09-26-2011, 01:13 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,889,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
A far more fundamental problem for the misguided, rampaging Hurri-Cain is the notion that the 61 million who voted for the reelection of George Bush contained possibly 60.9 million who would not vote for a black candidate simply because he is black. It will be interesting to see how Cain fares as the primary season progresses, given the bigoted ideology and history of his party. The man seems nuts to me.

Republicans have no problem voting for a black man, they just don't like corrupt black men, like the one you helped put in the WH..
We were intelligent enough to see through him from the beginning, while many of the ignorant left still don't see the truth....

Old 09-26-2011, 02:07 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,979 times
Cain calls Obama a 'liar'.

I'm starting to like this person more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections