Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
There are democrats...not many, who are conservative on social issues also. He fits in with the democratic party and their voters better than with Republicans. There is a reason that the posters on this site that like and relate to him are mostly Obama supporters.

If he runs as an independent, the GOP will be through with him. So he would have to know that he will remain an independent without their support from now on. I don't think he wants to do that. He is goofy but he ain't that dumb.

He is "goofy"??

I can only guess how you would describe Bachmann and Perry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 03:01 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
He is running in a Party of his own. He is the last remaining Repub in the former GOP.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He is "goofy"??

I can only guess how you would describe Bachmann and Perry.

Bachmann = talks too much

Perry = says the wrong thing when he does talk

I am not an actual supporter of either, but of the two I would take Bachmann.

It's so amusing when Democrats want to choose our nominee. Let us choose yours and see what you end up with...lol.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,251,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I want to have another choice besides Obama and a far right extremist, THAT would be Huntsman . . .
. . . and the net result would be an Obama re-election. So you might as well just cast your vote for Obama and be done with it. If you want someone else to vote for as a "protest" vote, there are typically 3 or 4 third-party candidates to choose from.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:21 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
It's so amusing when Democrats want to choose our nominee. Let us choose yours and see what you end up with...lol.
Isn't it though. Where are all their threads about potential Democratic candidates who could primary Obama?

Old 10-01-2011, 06:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Bachmann = talks too much

Perry = says the wrong thing when he does talk

I am not an actual supporter of either, but of the two I would take Bachmann.

Actually, if you read the thread you would see it is about Huntsman running as an Independent and not who the Republican nominee should be. I am not a Democrat I am an Indenpendent. I would like to help choose an Independent candidate.

Please keep up.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
John Huntsman has virtually no chance of winning the Republican nomination, but has broad appeal to those of us who are Independents. He is not anti-science as the other Republican Candidates seem to be and seems to be moderate on most social issues while fiscally conservative.

I think he may have a chance to win as an Independent.

Have you noticed all the staunch Obamabots, calling over and over lately, for a third party Conservative, to split the vote and ensure Obama a win.

Ross Perot proved that idea doesn't work too well.

How about Hilary Clinton run as a third Party independent?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have you noticed all the staunch Obamabots, calling over and over lately, for a third party Conservative, to split the vote and ensure Obama a win.

Ross Perot proved that idea doesn't work too well.

How about Hilary Clinton run as a third Party independent?
Why, is she any different than Obama? A third candidate would need to be different than the other two party candidates.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Cool! I didn't know that!
Yes, you never hear that from the media or Right wing pundits. They would rather paint him as a liberal, which he certainly is not.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:06 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Actually, if you read the thread you would see it is about Huntsman running as an Independent and not who the Republican nominee should be. I am not a Democrat I am an Indenpendent. I would like to help choose an Independent candidate.

Please keep up.

And if you had read the post I was replying to, the poster said they could see what I have to say abot Bachmann and Perry...so I told them.

I believe it's you who needs to keep up...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections