Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 08:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Come on New Jerseyites (or whatever you call yourselves, or is that "yous guys"?), tell me what Christie has done for NJ.
Why is he the great fat hope?

I was thinking the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 03:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
I want to know more about Bob McDonnell. He doesn't shoot his mouth off like Christie and he seems to be doing well for Virginia.
This country really has to get away from the personality cult thing. It's not serving us well.
But you know, depending on the situation shooting ones mouth off isn't always bad. I do hear you, but the perfect example when discussing Christie was yesterday: a very liberal poster actaully said she would or could support him and here I am a conservative saying the same: there is something about him that people, overal (that are fair anyway) just like.

Nita

Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
CC is being pushed, as GOP leaders assessing their feelings toward it, view him as the only possible hope, and they are spot on.
maybe he just seems like a big teddy bear you would like to win at the carnival. I don't know, but you are right, he does appeal to many. I have several friends, in the south, that are very right wing or somewhat so who hope he will get into the race...Anyone who thinks he can not get the nomination might end up eating their words, but first he has to agree to run.

Nita

Old 10-02-2011, 04:02 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
maybe he just seems like a big teddy bear you would like to win at the carnival. I don't know, but you are right, he does appeal to many. I have several friends, in the south, that are very right wing or somewhat so who hope he will get into the race...Anyone who thinks he can not get the nomination might end up eating their words, but first he has to agree to run.

Nita
Christie believes in Gun Control. Christie believes in Science (Climate Change). Anyone with views like that can't get elected in the current GOP.

Also, I wonder how those who cheered on Cain for his comments about not appointing a Muslim would feel about Christie nominating a Muslim for a Judgeship and then slamming conservatives who criticized him over the appointment.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:14 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Smash255, Getting 3 votes in GOP right now makes one a front-runner. Its a laughable field, except for those of us who see value in more than one viable party.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:53 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You shouldn't. Christie is not going to get the nomination. He's too liberal for the Midwest and South

Old 10-03-2011, 06:56 AM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
Come on New Jerseyites (or whatever you call yourselves, or is that "yous guys"?), tell me what Christie has done for NJ.
Why is he the great fat hope?

He has alienated public workers, lied about his knowledge of a toll increase, placed his cronies who helped him get elected into high positions in public agencies (where he had them enact the toll increases), called people names, used a state police helicopter to fly to his son's little league baseball games, and spent a great deal of time out of state campaigning for other people of his party.

Sounds like he's ready for prime time to me!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:46 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
I think the attraction many have with Christie is his personality vs. his policy. Unlike the rest of the R lineup, he's a great communicator, he connects with people, and he expresses the frustration that many have that the system isn't working. Is that enough to make him a viable presidential candidate? He's taken stands on a number of issues that will kill him with the hard core right of the R base. I personally think it's too late for him to jump in. The primaries start in a little over three months, and he has no campaign infrastructure and he hasn't raised any money. I honestly don't see how he could walk in and carry it at this point. I think his candidacy is wishful thinking.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:15 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,360,636 times
Todd Christie. Google him.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Todd Christie. Google him.
First I don't think Todd Chrisie is running, (in fact right now neither Christie is running) and second what a family member has or hasn't done has little to do with the candidae, shall we strart talking about those in Clintons family or maybe Carters brother? We could go on and on. It didn't hurt Christie before did it?

The thing that is hurting all decent Republicans is the constant left that can't think of anything positive to say about Obama, they are scared he is going to get beat and are relentlessly attacking every single person running or even being considered.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections