Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times

Advertisements

It's pretty much a no-brainer that Christie would do the most damage to Romney. I don't think anyone can't figure that one out. However, the question is why is that the goal and why is it being seemingly orchestrated by the GOP since the Tea Party likes to say Romney is the GOP establisment candidate. Obviously, Romney is not the GOP establishment candidate. Also, if the GOP doesn't care for Romney, how is Christie an improvement? He makes Romney seem downright conservative. Also, Romney is polished, well-spoken and looks good for the superficial voter. Christie isn't going to play in the south any better than Romney if that is a concern. He is a Catholic which is more accepted to Evangelicals, but it isn't the religion of choice for the extreme right wingers. Romney has more experience in both business and government. Seems Christie might offer the GOP something else that isn't real clear here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Until he is scrutinized. As previously pointed out in other posts, Christie leans too far left on many issues. It is just desperation on the part of the right wing to have someone new to get excited about. Clearly, they do not want Romney.

But it doesn't make sense, because if they don't like Romney what chance does Christie have? I think he is ok, I like the fact that he doesn't let people push him around, but I don't think he is ready to run for predident.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:58 AM

1,332 posts, read 995,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You don't know what you are talking about: kids can't get the moeny unless they are atheletes? We are not talking not paying tuition, we are talking in state versus out of state tuition. Any kid, elegible can get in state tuition. This is not tuition assistance, where are you getting that idea? I respect anyone's right to voice their opinions, but pleae make sure you understand what you are talking about. Now, if you are talking scholarships that is different and I haven't seen or heard that from anyone but you. Oh and you don't want to see Christie, you want Perry out, we all know Newt and Satorum (whatever) are on their way out as probably is Bachmann and Huntsman. Let me guess? Who do you want to see get the nomination without even a real primary? Either you want Romney to have no competition or you think, by getting everyone else out Cain will get the nod.

Nita
Point....You can tell me I am wrong about the in state out of state tuition, and I will accept that because you are right...I don't really know exactly what all that is about. But I do know this....tuition assistance for illgal immigrants is WRONG. It is a reward for breaking our laws.

As for the rest of your rant? I don't really care if Christie gets in, but there are things about him that I don't like. His stance on illegal immigration for one. He doesn't believe illegal immigration is a crime??

I don't believe that Perry is electable with the recent nonsense about the name of his family hunting camp, and the simple fact that fence sitting independents will likely NOT vote for another Texas governor. The media will crucify him for that camp name. And if you know anything at all about the media, you know they will not let it go if he is the nominee. TAhey will paint him as a racist, and Obama as the simpathetic figure. THAT is why I don't want Perry.

So please don't try to label me and think you KNOW what I am inferring when you clearly do not. If you want to converse respectfully, I am all for it....but don't come at me with attitude or you'll get it right back. Do we have an understanding?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Point....You can tell me I am wrong about the in state out of state tuition, and I will accept that because you are right...I don't really know exactly what all that is about. But I do know this....tuition assistance for illgal immigrants is WRONG. It is a reward for breaking our laws.

As for the rest of your rant? I don't really care if Christie gets in, but there are things about him that I don't like. His stance on illegal immigration for one. He doesn't believe illegal immigration is a crime??

I don't believe that Perry is electable with the recent nonsense about the name of his family hunting camp, and the simple fact that fence sitting independents will likely NOT vote for another Texas governor. The media will crucify him for that camp name. And if you know anything at all about the media, you know they will not let it go if he is the nominee. TAhey will paint him as a racist, and Obama as the simpathetic figure. THAT is why I don't want Perry.

So please don't try to label me and think you KNOW what I am inferring when you clearly do not. If you want to converse respectfully, I am all for it....but don't come at me with attitude or you'll get it right back. Do we have an understanding?
I don't like his stand on illegals either, but I would like to hear more from him as to his reasoning. As for the in-state versus out of state tuition and assistance, they are two different things. I agree, illegals should not get government assistance to further their education. I do think the in state tuition is fine as long as they are kids who have no control over how they came to the country. Yes, they are illegal, but they did not commit the crime.

Nita

Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He's fat.
But Obama's stupid. Christie can lose weight, but Obama can't cure stupid.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
Quote:
you might be right about Colorado, but the Republicans are not going to carry Or anyway so what is your point?

Nita

Surprisingly, Oregon is considered by many to be a battleground state.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgr View Post
It has a very nice ring to it.
Style over Substance
Yes We can!

Just another hack who cares little about the constitution and civil liberties.
But he stands up to people so he's cool.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgr View Post
Not really. He's the Governor of a state that includes plenty of NYC suburbs.
And how would that fly with fiscal conservatives?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 AM

1,332 posts, read 995,223 times
Quote:
I don't like his stand on illegals either, but I would like to hear more from him as to his reasoning. As for the in-state versus out of state tuition and assistance, they are two different things. I agree, illegals should not get government assistance to further their education. I do think the in state tuition is fine as long as they are kids who have no control over how they came to the country. Yes, they are illegal, but they did not commit the crime.

Nita
That doesn't matter. The point is that they are illegally here. We have to stop worrying about the circumstances of HOW they came to be here and just focus on the FACTS...they are here illegally. Let them go home to get their education!! We can't be responsible for the world's woes anymore. We have serious problems here at home that need addressing, and handing out 10s of thousands of dollars to people who are here illegally...regardless of HOW they came here....is not one of them.

We have to stop being the one place in the world for everyone to get easy handouts. I'm not talking isolation here....but I am talking taking care of OUR OWN....actually putting OUR LEGAL citizens ahead of the illegals. Enough is enough.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Here is all I need to know If ANN COULTER wants him as President I know that right now he is not good for the country. Christie is good a dealing with the liberals and unions and crazy New Jersey government but the reality is the GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM!! Government needs to be less, we need to end some wars and start to rebuild. Christie needs to learn more about the constitution before he can think about being President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections