Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I think you meant aloof instead of elusive. Or maybe you meant his personality is elusive, as in mercurial. Nicotine will do that; make you jittery for want of, then cool when you've had your hit. Until the next need spiral hits him.
No, I think he meant what he said. Obama is elusive because he is hard to pin down. He hardly seems mercurial with lots of ideas and thinking faster than he can speak. And he is certainly cold, aloof and arrogant and doesn't seem to care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Still sneakin', on the South Lawn. Addictions are tough to beat. Fits with the narcicissic personality disorder lifelongmogal mentioned. He's afraid he'll be found out. I have news for him. He has been found out.
you've seen him out there?

Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 PM

27,164 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i thought he stopped smoking

Better not be smoking in our White House!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 PM

852 posts, read 1,358,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Better not be smoking in our White House!

How old is this picture? This has to be from at least 10 years ago. And by the way, I could care less if he smokes.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Pure nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Long article in the WAPO that analyzes some of the personal reasons Obama is having so much difficulty at this stage....
It's a fact that the more desperate your Republicans become, the more outrageous your criticisms are of your superior opponents. The only people that President has become cool to, are the regressive Republican obstructionists who have vowed to do everything in their power to make him a one-term President. Quite the indignant, disrespectful, wholly ineffective bunch, the pathetic members of the GOP that he must tolerate are ever-present.

I think it's about time he got serious with these clowns. He is quite the beloved President everywhere he goes. How Pubs interpret him has always been completely wrong, along with everything else Republicans do and believe in. What nonsense.

President Obama is here thru 2016, and don't you forget it either.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 PM

44 posts, read 27,596 times
LOL! Insanity runs rampant in the left.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:16 AM

27,164 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
How old is this picture? This has to be from at least 10 years ago. And by the way, I could care less if he smokes.

Something struck a chord.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
I see your point. So I revise my thinking to, in being aloof, he is more easily elusive. I think the two can coexist, without excluding the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
No, I think he meant what he said. Obama is elusive because he is hard to pin down. He hardly seems mercurial with lots of ideas and thinking faster than he can speak. And he is certainly cold, aloof and arrogant and doesn't seem to care.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Oh, this is fun. I took the liberty of deleting your hyperbolic text, in order to get to the heart of your message. Not much left is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It's a fact that the more ------ your Republicans become, the more ------- your criticisms are of your ----- opponents. The only people that President has become cool to, are the ------- Republican -------- who have vowed to do everything in their power to make him a one-term President. Quite the ------, ------, wholly ------ bunch, the ----- members of the GOP that he must tolerate are ever-present.

I think it's about time he got serious with these -----. He is quite the ------ President everywhere he goes. How Pubs interpret him has always been completely wrong, along with everything else Republicans do and believe in. What nonsense.

President Obama is here thru 2016, and don't you forget it either.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:24 AM

Let's see. By that standard, the Monica Lewinsky thing never happened either. And, since there is no physical evidence - a pix for instance - then the Tea Party never spit on any congress people. That is the test you put forward in your question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you've seen him out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections