Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:16 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,043,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
He better find out real quick considering the former Soviet republics including Russia hold nearly 22% of all proven oil reserves and nearly half of all the NG. That's kind of important and those particular 'stans are where the end game is. Afghanistan was just our first introduction to the 'stans and their wealth and it's not just fossil fuels, they have very large resources of other mineral wealth there too.
See I knew you had something intelligent to say lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 05:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Let's break down his statement............EVERY COUNTRY THAT HAS INSTALLED GOVERNMENT SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE costs have down up and accessibility has gone down? Does he REALLY believe it's that simple? That is so far from the truth and even if it was the truth the SAME thing has been happening in America with our privatized healthcare system. The costs are going up. And not hardly because of government per se. Americans are sicker now than they have ever been with diabetes, heart disease, cancer etc. This guy is just a right wing talking point and that's it. He should be an infomercial for FoxNews.

RON PAUL 2012!!!!
They're not sicker than they've ever been, they're living longer than they ever have so you tend to get a different set of deathly circumstances that brings someone's life to a halt.

Were they healthier because they died at 38 without an official cause as opposed to 68 and dying from diabetes?

When President Garfield got shot the attending doctor poked and prodded his gunshot would in an attempt to find the bullet. A. G. Bell invented a metal detector to help find the bullet (which didn't work because Garfield had a new bed made with metal springs). He died of a perfectly curable gunshot wound that only needed antisepsis.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
They're not sicker than they've ever been, they're living longer than they ever have so you tend to get a different set of deathly circumstances that brings someone's life to a halt.

Were they healthier because they died at 38 without an official cause as opposed to 68 and dying from diabetes?

When President Garfield got shot the attending doctor poked and prodded his gunshot would in an attempt to find the bullet. A. G. Bell invented a metal detector to help find the bullet (which didn't work because Garfield had a new bed made with metal springs). He died of a perfectly curable gunshot wound that only needed antisepsis.

OMG are you kidding me? We have skyrocketing rate of diabetes and obesity. You are CLUELESS MAN! SERIOUSLY CLUELESS! I work in a hospital. Im a clincian and I see it EVERY DAY! Americans are living longer but their quality of life is not much better. I was talking to a nephrologist the other day and he said kidney failure is becoming an epidemic. There are more kidney dialysis places opening up than ever before. And the average age of new dialysis patients is middle age! NOT OLD AGE! Arthritis, diabetes, cancer ARE NOT PART OF OLD AGE! They are abnormal. People are living longer and they are as unhealthy as they have ever been. So what's your point again? Our healthcare system is still being taxed to the brink with decreasing number of doctors practicing family medicine, decreasing numbers of doctors graduating medical school, and decreasing numbers of new medical schools opening up. The AMA is like a union. It dictates the number of new medical schools that open and the number of practicing physicians by lobbying congress. But I bet you won't hear Mr. Cain talk about those facts now will ya?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM

773 posts, read 504,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
The man is a clown and I can't understand how so many people can support him. Puppet of the feds to boot.
Sounds like you have a problem with the color of his skin. Must be racism. I know it would be considered so if he was a democrat getting attacked.

I support him because he is an honest and sincere person with the type of business experience this country needs. In this election cycle, it's all about the economy.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
OMG are you kidding me? We have skyrocketing rate of diabetes and obesity. You are CLUELESS MAN! SERIOUSLY CLUELESS! I work in a hospital. Im a clincian and I see it EVERY DAY! Americans are living longer but their quality of life is not much better. I was talking to a nephrologist the other day and he said kidney failure is becoming an epidemic. There are more kidney dialysis places opening up than ever before. And the average age of new dialysis patients is middle age! NOT OLD AGE! Arthritis, diabetes, cancer ARE NOT PART OF OLD AGE! They are abnormal. People are living longer and they are as unhealthy as they have ever been. So what's your point again? Our healthcare system is still being taxed to the brink with decreasing number of doctors practicing family medicine, decreasing numbers of doctors graduating medical school, and decreasing numbers of new medical schools opening up. The AMA is like a union. It dictates the number of new medical schools that open and the number of practicing physicians by lobbying congress. But I bet you won't hear Mr. Cain talk about those facts now will ya?
No, they're not and life expectancy rates prove that. You're just making crap up again to stop that itching in your vaginal canal.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
No, they're not and life expectancy rates prove that. You're just making crap up again to stop that itching in your vaginal canal.

Life expectancy rates have nothing to do with disease rates and quality of life. You can have a 90 year old that never spends a day in the hospital and is zero burden on the healthcare system. On the other hand you can have a diabetic 90 year old who dies a long slow death from kidney failure who spends every other month in the hospital for the last 5-6 years of their life. We are great at managing disease and keeping people alive today. Get it? Thought so!

Old 10-10-2011, 05:52 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,520,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Sounds like you have a problem with the color of his skin. Must be racism. I know it would be considered so if he was a democrat getting attacked.

I support him because he is an honest and sincere person with the type of business experience this country needs. In this election cycle, it's all about the economy.
o lawd. Who cares that he's black?

It is all about the economy. Cain is against even an audit of the Fed & the Fed is the main reason for the economic mess we're in now. I don't see a President Cain being very beneficial to the economy.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:54 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Herman Cain: I Don’t Know The ‘President Of Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan’ | ThinkProgress

With U.S.-Pakistan tensions on the rise, the Obama administration is in discussions with Uzbekistan about increasing military supply routes to the U.S.-led Afghanistan war through the former-Soviet republic, whose authoritarian president — Islam Karimov — has some human rights issues.

So let's add up the list here people.........first we had a baseball team owning C+ national guard dope from Texas who couldn't pronounce the world "nuclear" or "colonoscopy". Then we had a community organizer teleprompter addicted muslimesque do nothing Senator from Illinois............now I'd like you all to meet an ex. Pizza CEO lmao............American exceptionalism.
I'm voting for Herman Cain because he's blacker than Obama and it helps me feel not guilty for crossing over to the right I wonder how the mainstream media will lap onto the masses once Cain fizzles out

Old 10-10-2011, 05:57 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,984,040 times

Herman Cain, the empty suit.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
o lawd. Who cares that he's black?

It is all about the economy. Cain is against even an audit of the Fed & the Fed is the main reason for the economic mess we're in now. I don't see a President Cain being very beneficial to the economy.
The FED is the only reason you're not in a friend-eating depression right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections