Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 08:56 AM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Does anyone find it strange that ALL ACCUSATIONS concern the NRA?

Not one from Godfather’s or any other place Cain worked.

Just makes an attempt to “get” him even more likely.

If he did as much harassing as they say, HE WOULD HAVE done it elsewhere.
How about we take a look at a different aspect of his job history? Interviewers and debate moderators ask and criticize the governors about big decisions they've made during their work history. Why don't we ask the businessman the same type of questions? Why don't reporters investigate that aspect of his job history? Herman Cain, during your career as head of large organizations, what was your biggest challenge? Most difficult decision? Most controversial decision? At best, it's a chance for him to brag about his abilities/accomplishments. At worst, it may indicate he wasn't really good at what he did.

Also, we know why elected officials leave jobs (term limits, running for higher office, resigned due to scandal, wasn't re-elected) because it is public knowledge. Why don't we know the same thing about the businessman? Have you ever been asked to leave a position? Why did you leave The Restaurant Association, Godfather's Pizza, your last radio program, etc.? Why isn't the media checking that? I know some of the answers would be an offer of more money, promotion, bigger challenge, more visibility, maybe even health reasons but we should know that stuff especially if he was ever asked to leave for incompetence.

I think a lot of it has to be that he is a non-traditional candidate and reporters can't think of non-traditional questions or non-traditional things to investigate for a candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 AM

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I thought he did great in his press gathering
I just do not buy into this, especially this blonde bimbo!
look at her back ground, she is sniffing for some $$$
he was direct and answered all questions
the rest of this stuff is hearsay and bull crap
he even said he would take a lie test
will the women?? I would love to see it!
and he has a well know lawyer from here in Georgia, good for him!
Coincidentally, Axelrod's neighbor, to boot. Nothing fishy at ALL about her.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
He handled that very poorly.
As seen through liberal-colored glasses.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM

29,025 posts, read 30,470,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What? You think the Perry camp is lying about Cain's indiscretions?
wouldn't surprise me, perhaps Romney to...? Anything is possible, and believe me, politics is one dirty screwed up mess and I wouldn't put it past them...funny, how nothing was said before, and then all of a sudden, Cain started to gain popularity and walla....I rest my case....

fact is, I would want to know if these accusations are true...

but to be fair, every single day, in this world, thousands of men are hitting on women...if it doesn't happen, fine, if it does, all the better, but some men are very weak in that area...not all, but a lot of men are...period...human nature tells you that a man is weak...and if the chance behooves them, they will take advantage of the situation...again, gentlemen, I said some men don't....so, polize don't get all upset...

again, if this is true about Cain, I would want to know, as should we all know, but I have my doubts and do believe this whole thing is a set up...by whom, hard to say, but it isn't bigotry, the candidates running now see him as a huge threat, and those that run this country fear him...and with all they're money at stake, you mean to tell me you honestly believe they are above setting this up? I think not.

I'm not saying, this is a set up for sure, what I'm saying is...it's freaking time for America to wake up and stop being so darn naieve and trusting...especially when it comes to the media and money...sheesh...

the crime in this is...it's either true, or he's been set up...and by whom, who would have the most to gain by setting him up?

Think about it....

Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
And according to the 5th accuser, he did do it elsewhere. She was not employed by the NRA in any capacity.
The fifth woman that admitted he did nothing wrong, he just made her uncomfortable?

So NO, he didn't do anything elsewhere.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,041,104 times
How does Herman know that there will probably be even MORE women coming forward with allegations?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,009,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well you may not think he conducted himself well, but even the liberal press thought he did. As for 4, 5 or 100 women coming forward: so far only 2 have been identified: one hasn't really told us exactly what he did and actually it wasn't her who came forward yesterday, it was her brother or brother in law if I have my information correct. The other, is reminds most of us of a bimbo and has so many holes in her story it could be used for target practice.

Nita
No, the liberal press does not think he's handled the situation well. No one thinks he's handled this situation well, except for people who are his supporters. Politically, he turned a hot potato into a stinkbomb. Secondly, it's shameful that Cain has attacked and encouraged his supporters to attack these women.

Sexual harassment is not a criminal offense. It's a workplace issue, and it involves very subjective judgments. One person's friendly flirtations can be offensive to another person. It's up to the workplace to define the boundaries, and different workplace define those boundaries differently because their employees are different. It's not a cut and dried matter.

What should be cut and dried is that we, the public, who don't know these women, don't start assigning labels like bimbo and worse. Even if a woman is a bimbo or worse, that doesn't absolve the men in sexual harassment situations. A woman can be a prostitute, but she still has the right to say that some things make her uncomfortable, that she doesn't want to be spoken to or touched in certain ways.

We will never know what actually happened. We won't know if the women were overly sensitive, or if they were taking advantage of gender politics in the workplace. We won't know if Mr Cain was acting as a decent man, or if there was lechery in his heart. But I will say, and this is my subjective opinion, that I think Mr Cain is not acting as Presidential material now. He has every right to be affronted, he can be angry and defensive. But he's the one who chose to run for President, and that means that these kinds of issues will be raised. He knew that the NRA had settled with two women who had complained about him. If he didn't think the matter would come out, he's hopelessly naive. If he thought the matter would come out, but that he needn't bother being prepared, that's reckless. If he thought he'd simply attack the women, then that's shameful.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:23 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,014,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Unless the initial rumblings are NOT a preview of what Herman Cain is going to say this afternoon, he just needs to step down now.

Ive tried to give this man the benefit of the doubt but he is not making sense and would need to blow me away with his presser to get my support back.

Herman Cain: I don't remember Sharon Bialek - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Now we already had a report that this woman was seen talking with Herman Cain a month ago for 2 to 3 minutes. And yet he sits there and says he doesnt even remember her? It was a month ago and according to a Chicago Reporter.

Beck interviews Chicago radio host about seeing Cain accuser encounter - YouTube

I really can not defend him anymore. Sure, I think there can be actual collaboration sometimes to destroy someones character, especially in the political arena, but I think Ive had it with this whole thing and Cain's dealing with it. Im nearly willing to bet this presser is going to be a complete waste of time and more no details or relevant info from Cain. Yes, the whole thing, especially with this genitals woman, really seems just fishy and odd concerning her actions and her account of it all. While I dont think highly of this broad at all, Ive lost trust in Cain.

Ill leave open the door for him but as of now, unless he hits it out of the park this afternoon, im done and he just needs to step down.

Having said all that, I do find the media coverage of this from the start, especially the bigots/racists are MSNBC to be appalling. Especially given many other stories they covered up, refused to report on, or didnt "dig" like they do with any story dealing with a Conservative.
What kills me is all the same allegations against Bill Clinton during his run for President and they were true as was the Oval Office cigar sessions.The Dimos reply was it was only sex.It was about lying under oath.

Men will be men we ain't all Saints but a honest good character is a must.

My old man told me there were two things in life thats important its your name and your word...if people know you will keep your word they will remember your name.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,327,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Did you hear the idiot say he will take a lie detector test ONLY if he sees fit? !
Will he do it if they let him cop a feel? Just asking, you never know

Old 11-09-2011, 09:35 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Nita, do you consider five people coming out and accusing him of harassment not enough of a reason? And if not, then what is the magic number?
If there was more to go on I would say 5 would be enough: But, only 2 have come forward and at least one is very subject as to her claims. The last one hasn't said anything unless she has in the past day or let's put it this way, not enough for many to take her seriously. She just said he made her uncompfortable, that isn't sexual harrassment.Woman number 4 is as phony as the day is long and woman number 3, jumped in and out about as fast. The only one of the first 2 that has said anything hasn't explained what he did to upset her or harrass her.. Does that answer your question? It isn't the number it is the legitimacy of the claims. f

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections