Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Shoulda worn a wire and then you would have a court case. Like the previous poster said he said/she said is all many have to go on in these situations. There is harassment then there are those who "play the game". The game players make it worse for all.
LOL, sure. But back then I was more worried about being able to pay my car insurance and have food and clothing for my girls. Money for a 'wire'? Not in the budget.

I had no wish to sue him or the company. I just wanted the harrassment to stop.

As far as game players, I would guess that they are a very small fraction of a percent of all claims of harrassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,227,765 times
One quibble: Coulter is not "news", she's purposely-offensive bombast.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,069 times
Quote:
Lot of folks live off frivolous lawsuits. This happened twenty years ago and now is brought up when Cain just happens to be gaining ground in the polls?? Nah not a coinkydink at all. LOL.

Anything can be construed as harrassment. Hell a woman wears a lowcut top and your eyes "wander" and walla your a pervert. Means your human. Wonder if Cain was smoking a ceegar back then?
I seem to recall the last several elections being about things that happened long ago.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
What's funny is the lefties were howling everything about Perry when he had high poll numbers now not a squeak when he shows up drunk as a mule in NH the other day and it's go after Cain time. Politics of destruction is all these people have. There is no record to run on for any of em so get in the mud.
OMG, let's not forget the 'Swiftboaters', smearing John Kerry during his bid for the presidency.

Now, they were really smarmy.

Don't know what you mean by 'howling everything', but methinks the lefties were right..Perry is an egotistical loser.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
When he smoked that debate that got him soaring, I got a lil emotional...and was really gonna support him, BUT something stopped me! - Now, I'm glad I didn't dart out....and do what so many of the 'Paul people' do....let their ignorance supercede reality!

ALSO, that was before Cain revealed that moronic 9-9-9 tax plan fiasco!
I'm thinking that if this primary continues to fall completely apart, someone more high profile is going to step up to the plate at the convention and be a big surprise nominee.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
LOL, sure. But back then I was more worried about being able to pay my car insurance and have food and clothing for my girls. Money for a 'wire'? Not in the budget.

I had no wish to sue him or the company. I just wanted the harrassment to stop.

As far as game players, I would guess that they are a very small fraction of a percent of all claims of harrassment.
Was this a while ago? Most companies nowdays take that stuff serious if you make a complaint to the HR dept. It is hard to win as they will perform their own investigation and on and on and eventually you get fired for making a personal phone call or something. Happened to my wife. We sued and got a small amount but the clown who wanted his coffee and took his "boys" on "business trips" was out not long after.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:52 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
OMG, let's not forget the 'Swiftboaters', smearing John Kerry during his bid for the presidency.

Now, they were really smarmy.

Don't know what you mean by 'howling everything', but methinks the lefties were right..Perry is an egotistical loser.
The swiftboaters told the truth. I know not many lefties can handle that. I don't recall them producing fake documents the night before the election like a certain newsman did.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm thinking that if this primary continues to fall completely apart, someone more high profile is going to step up to the plate at the convention and be a big surprise nominee.
I know ...you, like me, are wishful of that happening....and as I just read you posting this potential 'surprise'...I think it may be very likely!!

Lemme say this. I have no doubt, with 'all' these dubious, suspicious, un-fit candidates vying for POTUSA, I sincerely have NO DOUBT, almost any decent, honest, moral person will be a better choice than any of these...be it 'R' or 'D'...

Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,798 times
Addressing the title of this thread - Perry is leading in Wisconsin. I wouldn't count him out. He has a solid record.

Quote:
Election 2012: Wisconsin President
Monday, October 31, 2011

Wisconsin: Perry 46%, Obama 42%

Election 2012: Wisconsin President - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Addressing the title of this thread - Perry is leading in Wisconsin. I wouldn't count him out. He has a solid record.

What a JOKE!! Someone must of left the cheese out!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections