Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,994,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Because it was a consensual relationship. Which understandably is a foreign concept to most conservatives.
That situation was EXACTLY what defines harassment. A boss involved with a subordinate. But of course the left would defend Clinton. What about Broderick, then? That was HARDLY consensual. And Clinton has NEVER denied that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 AM

28,966 posts, read 30,316,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
My black behind! He played the race card plain and simple and no amount of spin is going to change that, in fact Cain has been playing the race card since he entered the race, you'd think that Al Sharpton was his campaign manager.

Anyway, if there leak was politically motivated and not the result of just plain old good reporting, this has Rove's finger prints all over it because us liberals WOULD LOVE a Cain v Obama matchup.
ok, so, you have a right to your opinion, but I disagree...and no, he has not been playing the race card since the beginning, but you'd like to believe that...matter of fact, he and sharpton had words, and I lower cased sharpton's name on purpose....don't like the guy, I know his wife...and the guy makes my skin crawl...he's just as corrupt as any other politician...but that's another thread, right? Anyway, keep on keepin on

Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM

78,546 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Could this be the end of Candidate Cain?

Or (as I predicted), do his troglodytic supporters think it's part of his 40's style of COOL that he flaunted PC and hit on a female co-worker?

Maybe he was wearing a hat, smoking, AND grinning when he pinched her ass (or whatever he did)!

Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to talk but is barred by agreement - The Washington Post
Pure politics and perhaps one of the most poorly thought out posts I've read in the cess pool that is political.

Yeah, Cains supporters are troglodytes....which means the swarms of democrats that voted Clinton are??????

Hmmmm someone that wants to violate thier legal agreement so they can score another payday via pay-per-interview? Gee, no possible morale conflict there.

P.S. I'd vote for Obama over Cain. Just giving you a little taste of how us independents are viewing the situation.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Cain spoke publically about it, so that breaks the confidentiality agreement. I'd like to hear her story about what Herman "Clarence Thomas" Cain did.

I frankly think that they settled with her because her claim had merit. Shame on Cain. He's toast. The exposure of the fraud that was his 9-9-9 plan was the beginning of the end.

Most revealing of all: What kind of incompetent runs to become the President of the United States and is NOT aware of all the details of past sexual harrassment suits that were settled on his behalf?

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
Cain couldn't win. He speaks, he breaks the agreement. He stays silent, he's hiding something.

They settled because the claim did NOT have merit. If it had merit, the govt would have gone forward with charges.

So you're OK with a candidates past as long as they are aware of it? So slick willy's accused rape is OK, because he knew about it? Nice.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Baggage as in what being married a couple of times.

Not a problem for most people. Obama had far more baggage then that for sure.
Exactly. Many americans have been married 2 or even 3 times. But very few have been coke heads.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:11 AM

587 posts, read 1,135,935 times
this is Cains "3am phone call moment" and he is tripping all over himself....he knew that phone call was coming 10 days before the rest of us knew....he sat on his hands, or better yet, he went on tour to sell books, and speak to his tea bag supporters....he was just outside of Houston at a dog track talking nonsense about his nine 9 nine plan.

I see that he raised $400k this week due this hit piece from the right...thats awesome...he can sell more books...however, Cain does not have one big time money backer behind him....they are all with romney or perry...

its 301 am herman...the phone is still ringing

Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Cain couldn't win. He speaks, he breaks the agreement. He stays silent, he's hiding something.

They settled because the claim did NOT have merit. If it had merit, the govt would have gone forward with charges.

So you're OK with a candidates past as long as they are aware of it? So slick willy's accused rape is OK, because he knew about it? Nice.

Link please; most of America has been waiting to discover what the post above asserts: that the women's claims had no merit.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,407,391 times
The thing that liberals want you to know about black conservative men is that they rape women.

Liberals are racists who pat the heads of their "people of color" so long as they stay on the plantation. Let one run loose and its all about getting a rope and finding a tree.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What a lie. Cain did NOT pay them off. His organization gave them severance, instead of going through a lengthy and COSTLY trial. That's usually how those things work.

Truth? Liberals don't want the truth. They just want to continue spreading lies and innuendo.
Oh gee...Cain was head of the National Restaurant Association at the time, and they paid the women. Such a HUGE difference.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,535,990 times
His candidacy is finished. Game over Cain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections