Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Romney 11 17.46%
Perry 1 1.59%
Cain 4 6.35%
Gingrich 8 12.70%
Sanctorum 2 3.17%
Bachmann 2 3.17%
Paul 34 53.97%
Huntsman 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 AM

701 posts, read 1,032,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I'm not a Perry supporter and I cannot comment on the combined intelligence of his family but it's the intelligence of a bipartisan electorate that will end Obama's reign of incompetence in 2012.
Sadly, I agree with you.

And God help us with whatever freak the Right puts in, unless you're in the 1%. Then happy days are about to get a lot happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
This is a lie. They don't favor extending the payroll tax cut.

Actually Mitt Romney does favor it.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 AM

701 posts, read 1,032,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Actually Mitt Romney does favor it.
I'm talking about the congressional Republicans actually in a position to do things.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Since CNBC is moderating, do you expect the debate to have a business/jobs/economy theme? I would actually prefer a more focused debate. In fact, the next time we have a presidential election coming up, maybe all of the debates could each take a single theme. Imagine if they spent the entire debate talking about jobs. Then at the next debate, they spent the entire debate talking about foreign policy. Then another debate was spent entirely on taxes and the debt. Then another was spent on immigration. Then another was spent on government. And so on. Maybe the first one would be "introductory" as in this is who I am, this is what I've accomplished. Not only do I think it would be good for us but it would force the candidates to come up with a plan on each debate issue ahead of time.
Hey Laura...I just finished watching tonight’s debate from my dvr. I was hoping that tonight would be more focused but alas it wasn't.

Personally, and I know you’re in the opposite camp here; I’d like to see more debates and more parity. Have a two hour block where the moderator asks the questions and every candidate is allowed an equal amount of time (and enough time, say two minutes) to respond. Follow up each question with an equal amount of time for each candidate to rebut. Topics change almost daily in our 24 hour globally connected world of information so trying to stick to a specific pre-defined theme might not be that useful in determining who is the best candidate.

This is one of the few things that I will agree with Newt on. However, he realized that the attack the media/moderator for asking him to answer in such a limited time formula is more politicking than anything.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
Santorum even gets on my nerves.
Yeah that's the best way to describe it. He's just not presidential. He's a whiner. He has to stop that whining if he ever wants to put up some numbers.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:12 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Oh, and Rick Perry is done. It doesn't matter what he does, anyone running a negative campaign will replay that clip over and over and over again.

If he wins the nom (the longshot of the year), Obama will play it over and over again.

It's time to pack it in, and I'm glad.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I hate these debates and dont waste my time watching them. The way they are run, its almost like a stupid game show with a stupid moderator.

Id rather something less formal, more engaging. More actual time for the candidates to really talk and give their views and points.

The moderators have to much play in all these and its just not fairly done
basically I agree with you, but when there are 8 candidates it is hard to handle it the way you would like.

Nita

Old 11-10-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post
any serious questions yet to cain on the ridiculous sexual harrasment allegations?
Why would there be? The debate isn't about his sexual life or whatever, it is about the economy....

Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
She is a witch.
Boy you can say that again....but maybe with a B!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yup, I think Perry is done. I feel kinda sorry for him, but he simply isn't cut out for the demands of the job.
Those that did well imo were Bachmann, Newt, Paul, Romney, and I hate to say it, because I am sick of hearing about 999, Cain did good. Especially considering the pressures of this week. Princess Nancy, LOL.
I really wanted them to ask Ron Paul what he thought of sanctions or tariffs on China. I'm sure his answer would have been different than the rest, who appeared in unison.
i don't think it is whether he is cut out for the job, but is he cut out of debating? Obviously he is not!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections