Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Romney 11 17.46%
Perry 1 1.59%
Cain 4 6.35%
Gingrich 8 12.70%
Sanctorum 2 3.17%
Bachmann 2 3.17%
Paul 34 53.97%
Huntsman 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yeah, I want to like the guy, but he just comes off as a hothead. I'm surprised that two people thought he might win this debate. No way, he's too emotional.

I was going to ask who in the world voted for Santorum. I used to think he was ok but now I can't stand him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM

865 posts, read 676,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
On the China issue, they are manipulating their currency which is the same as stealing from us. It costs this country a lot of money each year and it also has lost us a lot of jobs, especially in states like Michigan. They probably understand the need to stop it more than anyone. The answer is not to just let them continue on their merry way. China does not want to end our relationship, but they need to not be allowed to cheat.

You can't blame China for manipulating the market, when we manipulate ours more than they manipulate theirs. We screw the global economy up, then get mad when they get defensive. LMAO! Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
He had a senior moment. However there were other times he tried to think of words and couldn't but substituted it with something else. Once time he meant to say the word "consequences" and he said "efforts" instead.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I have been saying that something is going on with him for a while now. It's more than just a senior thing. I am not sure what though.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
You can't blame China for manipulating the market, when we manipulate ours more than they manipulate theirs. We screw the global economy up, then get mad when they get defensive. LMAO! Hypocrisy at its finest.

I don't think you understand the particulars of China's currency manipulation and how it has affected certain industries.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 PM

865 posts, read 676,642 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand the particulars of China's currency manipulation and how it has affected certain industries.
I do understand, and I have understood it for many years. I even predicted that their actions would occur decades ago.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:44 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,587,736 times
Quote:
Every one of them has articulated more plans with more sense in this short period of time than Obama has in three years.
Is that so!!!! They have only one plan and it's the same plan they have had for ever. Cut taxes for the rich, gut the regulations that protect both consummers and the environment. Diminish education, get rid of livable wages, forget alternative sources of energy, either steal the money from social security or give it to wall street to administer, Keep on trying the trickle down theory until everyone but the elite is poverty stricken, let the poor die if they get sick and on and on in that same vein.

You know that definition of insanity? That one that says that you are insane if you keep trying the same failing thing over and over again hoping against hope that it will work at some point. That not only defines insanity it defines the GOP.

You know, we have a very strong right wing government here in Canada and they are anything but stupid. Their policies are well laid out in black and white. No matter what the file is or what the issue is the Conservative party of Canada will have a well written and researched paper laying out exactly what that policy is and what the intended results of that policy will be.

To be a political leader in this country wether left, right or middle you HAVE to be a highly intellegent person that has a good grasp of the entire body politic. You have got to be able to answer any question with facts figures and stats that will support your position. You have to have an intimate knowledge of the workings of the entire government and every department within the government. You have got to know how each province operates and be very familiar with the conflicts between the the different levels of government. You absolutely have to be a constitutional expert because everything you do will be proscribed by that document. In Canada becoming a political leader is usually a step down for these people because it demands the kind of person that has had huge sucess in life because of their abilities. Therefore they are in it to truely be public servants and because they have a vision for this country.

When I look at this crop of GOP hopefuls, what do I see? I see a collection of Has beens, never beens, ignoramusus, zealots, know nothings, self serving wannabes and not one single person that is fit to be the leader of your country except Romney and he is a democrat.

Where are the conservatives of real weight? Where is the conservative leader of integrity, honesty, brilliance, vision and worth? You just don't have any of those and do you know why? It's because such a person would not put themselves in thrall to corporate and financial interests against the interests of the people.

Even though I'm not a conservative myself I have no doubt at all that the conservative government of Canada puts the interests of the country and the people first and always ahead of any special interest.

The American conservative will ALWAYS put the special interests ahead of the country and the people because he or she is OWNED by those interests.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbous Moon View Post
Perry is painful to watch. Wow...

I'm going to have to make sure I watch SNL on Saturday
Speaking of that Jay Leno said something really funny about Cain last night that they announced on the radio station I listen to when I get up. They said that Jay said that Cain said he was willing to take a lie detector test which would be a double edged sword because if he failed it it would end his career and if he passed it it would show he wasn't cut out for politics (because politicians lie). LOL.

Jay Leno On Herman Cain's Sexual Harassment Allegations - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that too. I have been saying that something is going on with him for a while now. It's more than just a senior thing. I am not sure what though.
He has brain fog. Maybe it is andropause (male menopause). He needs to eat a clean diet and balance out his hormones.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Is that so!!!! They have only one plan and it's the same plan they have had for ever. Cut taxes for the rich, gut the regulations that protect both consummers and the environment. Diminish education, get rid of livable wages, forget alternative sources of energy, either steal the money from social security or give it to wall street to administer, Keep on trying the trickle down theory until everyone but the elite is poverty stricken, let the poor die if they get sick and on and on in that same vein.

You know that definition of insanity? That one that says that you are insane if you keep trying the same failing thing over and over again hoping against hope that it will work at some point. That not only defines insanity it defines the GOP.

You know, we have a very strong right wing government here in Canada and they are anything but stupid. Their policies are well laid out in black and white. No matter what the file is or what the issue is the Conservative party of Canada will have a well written and researched paper laying out exactly what that policy is and what the intended results of that policy will be.

To be a political leader in this country wether left, right or middle you HAVE to be a highly intellegent person that has a good grasp of the entire body politic. You have got to be able to answer any question with facts figures and stats that will support your position. You have to have an intimate knowledge of the workings of the entire government and every department within the government. You have got to know how each province operates and be very familiar with the conflicts between the the different levels of government. You absolutely have to be a constitutional expert because everything you do will be proscribed by that document. In Canada becoming a political leader is usually a step down for these people because it demands the kind of person that has had huge sucess in life because of their abilities. Therefore they are in it to truely be public servants and because they have a vision for this country.

When I look at this crop of GOP hopefuls, what do I see? I see a collection of Has beens, never beens, ignoramusus, zealots, know nothings, self serving wannabes and not one single person that is fit to be the leader of your country except Romney and he is a democrat.

Where are the conservatives of real weight? Where is the conservative leader of integrity, honesty, brilliance, vision and worth? You just don't have any of those and do you know why? It's because such a person would not put themselves in thrall to corporate and financial interests against the interests of the people.

Even though I'm not a conservative myself I have no doubt at all that the conservative government of Canada puts the interests of the country and the people first and always ahead of any special interest.

The American conservative will ALWAYS put the special interests ahead of the country and the people because he or she is OWNED by those interests.

I agree with almost everything you said (I drew the line at the part about Romney being fit to be the leader of the country).

Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 PM

730 posts, read 828,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post

geee ok. What on earth makes you think anyone would want to put special interest ahead of the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections