Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Romney 11 17.46%
Perry 1 1.59%
Cain 4 6.35%
Gingrich 8 12.70%
Sanctorum 2 3.17%
Bachmann 2 3.17%
Paul 34 53.97%
Huntsman 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:51 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times

Advertisements

Any one of them will do a better job than Obama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 09:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Rick Perry needs to drop out of the race. He is a buffoon and is making a bigger fool of himself every time he opens his cakehole.
Oh, there are so many candidates you could use that exact statement for.
Cain comes to mind for me You need to chill and let it take it's course.
Grab a bottle of genuine liquid gold (maple syrup) and give it a hug

Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,816 times
My opinion of the candidates after last nights debut in no particular order.

Paul)...Very smart with truly bold idea's. The problem is some of the idea's America is just not ready for right now. If things get far worse over the next four years America may have a change of heart.

Bottom line...He is a hugh gamble and America is not ready to roll the dice right now.

Huntsman)......Another smart guy, polished politician, likeale. Does not pander for applause.

Bottom line....Young guy to keep an eye on. This could be a trial balloon learning experiance run.

Rick Perry)......The gaffe has ruined his chances. Another Rudy Guliani would have, could have, should have.

Bottom line....Had a great run in politics and now it's over.

Herman Cain)....Should have gone a little further than just say 999 over and over. It showed he is nowhere near ready to lead. I am amazed he is one of the front runners.

Bottom line....It is time to put this one trick pony out to pasture.

Newt Gingrich).....Out of all the candidates Newt would be the one I would most like to have a beer with. Has experiance and smarts. But came off last night as too testy, maybe rightfully so but he could have handled it better.

Bottom line.......He won't get the nod but look for him in the two spot.

Mitt Romney)......IMO he won last night.

Bottom line....He is the only hope the GOP has right now.

Bachman-Santorum)...There at the bottom of the polls for reason. They both come across as partison hacks. Santorum is Particularly unlikeable, coming across as an angry know it all. Bachman panders to her base which is not enough.

Bottom line.....Suprised they made it this far.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
My opinion of the candidates after last nights debut in no particular order.

Paul)...Very smart with truly bold idea's. The problem is some of the idea's America is just not ready for right now. If things get far worse over the next four years America may have a change of heart.

Bottom line...He is a hugh gamble and America is not ready to roll the dice right now.

Huntsman)......Another smart guy, polished politician, likeale. Does not pander for applause.

Bottom line....Young guy to keep an eye on. This could be a trial balloon learning experiance run.

Rick Perry)......The gaffe has ruined his chances. Another Rudy Guliani would have, could have, should have.

Bottom line....Had a great run in politics and now it's over.

Herman Cain)....Should have gone a little further than just say 999 over and over. It showed he is nowhere near ready to lead. I am amazed he is one of the front runners.

Bottom line....It is time to put this one trick pony out to pasture.

Newt Gingrich).....Out of all the candidates Newt would be the one I would most like to have a beer with. Has experiance and smarts. But came off last night as too testy, maybe rightfully so but he could have handled it better.

Bottom line.......He won't get the nod but look for him in the two spot.

Mitt Romney)......IMO he won last night.

Bottom line....He is the only hope the GOP has right now.

Bachman-Santorum)...There at the bottom of the polls for reason. They both come across as partison hacks. Santorum is Particularly unlikeable, coming across as an angry know it all. Bachman panders to her base which is not enough.

Bottom line.....Suprised they made it this far.

If Newt is not on the ticket, I hope he gets to be the Secretary of State.

Romney will probably pick the Governor of Virginia Bob McDonnell as his running mate.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:07 AM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I wonder if his poor showing on the national stage will have any affect on his political future in Texas? I would think there are a lot of embarrassed Texans at this point.
Yes ---- Perry has been a disaster for Texas, and after lasts nights 53 second Oops performance Gov Rick confirmed he's the laughing stock of the GOP.

Most Texans in general are fed up with Gov Nut-Case and his mind numbing incompetence, along with his ridiculous claims of a Texas Miracle, but the longer Perry stays on the campaign trail, the less damage he's doing here in Texas.

Maybe after Perry's campaign finally goes up in flames after the Iowa Caucus and he's done blowing all of his donors money on "fixin" his image, he will do Texas and the rest of the country a favor by disappearing back to his roots in Paint Creek and finding his real calling as a pandering evangelical minister!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Actually Rick Santorum actually seems like the only person up there that would actually rub me the wrong way if I actually knew em. The rest seem likeable. But likeable does not lead a country.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Actually Rick Santorum actually seems like the only person up there that would actually rub me the wrong way if I actually knew em. The rest seem likeable. But likeable does not lead a country.
Santorum rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I am a little surprised he hasn't withdrawn, but he will soon I would guess.

Nita

Old 11-10-2011, 10:59 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
He's not done. The folks that are bashing on him are not his supporters anyway. All the candidates have flaws... we just have to be smart enough to recognize critical flaws vs non critical flaws... By the time the primaries come around, folks will not remember this anymore than Perry remembered the name of that Government Department.
He's done. He has no chance of winning the nomination, so he might as well step aside. Currently, there is no one capable of beating President Obama right now...no one....

Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't like Rick Perry, but people need to be fair--everyone has had moments where they completely blank out--it's just unfortunate that it happened on national television.

I don't know. It seems to me that Perry may be taking some time release brain fart capsules prior to these debates. 1 hr and 15 min from the start of debate, Perry's brain takes a big Phfaaarrrttt right on time.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:00 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Santorum rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I am a little surprised he hasn't withdrawn, but he will soon I would guess.

Nita

You know, I used to think Santorum was ok, but this whole thing now makes me realize...I can't stand him. He just really grates on my last nerve. He comes across sort of sanctimonious and I just don't care for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections