Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Romney 11 17.46%
Perry 1 1.59%
Cain 4 6.35%
Gingrich 8 12.70%
Sanctorum 2 3.17%
Bachmann 2 3.17%
Paul 34 53.97%
Huntsman 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 PM

212 posts, read 126,783 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul is the only sound, logical choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM

400 posts, read 294,563 times
Perry is painful to watch. Wow...

I'm going to have to make sure I watch SNL on Saturday

Old 11-09-2011, 07:50 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbous Moon View Post
Perry is painful to watch. Wow...

I'm going to have to make sure I watch SNL on Saturday

It's sort of sad. They will replay that from now till the next election.

Last edited by dixiegirl7; 11-09-2011 at 08:03 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 PM

The commentators are trying to take credit for sticking to the issues....lol. The candidates did that themselves. The commnetators tried their best to get them off track. I am sooo glad they didn't do it. Santorum tried, but they didn't give him enough time to get started....thank goodness.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:16 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,575,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
This is either going to trigger a surge or complete downfall of the Ron Paul campaign, the Cain campaign and the Gingrich campaign. This is going to be a MAJOR debate that may end end some of the candidates chances to win the nomination.
Yup, I think Perry is done. I feel kinda sorry for him, but he simply isn't cut out for the demands of the job.
Those that did well imo were Bachmann, Newt, Paul, Romney, and I hate to say it, because I am sick of hearing about 999, Cain did good. Especially considering the pressures of this week. Princess Nancy, LOL.
I really wanted them to ask Ron Paul what he thought of sanctions or tariffs on China. I'm sure his answer would have been different than the rest, who appeared in unison.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I hate these debates and dont waste my time watching them. The way they are run, its almost like a stupid game show with a stupid moderator.

Id rather something less formal, more engaging. More actual time for the candidates to really talk and give their views and points.

The moderators have to much play in all these and its just not fairly done
Yes, tonight some of the questions were so complicated, I couldn't follow them. The moderators talked more than the candidates, and they argued with the candidates.
They asked about extending the payroll tax cuts- they lost me, I think they are referring to the Bush tax cuts, not sure. Luckily Romney knew what they were asking about. He did good, although his stance on China worries me. We need to compete with China, not try to punish them imo. We manipulate our currency too.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The commentators are trying to take credit for sticking to the issues....lol. The candidates did that themselves. The commnetators tried their best to get them off track. I am sooo glad they didn't do it. Santorum tried, but they didn't give him enough time to get started....thank goodness.
Yeah, I want to like the guy, but he just comes off as a hothead. I'm surprised that two people thought he might win this debate. No way, he's too emotional.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM

400 posts, read 294,563 times

Watch Rick Perry's Campaign End Before Your Eyes - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes, tonight some of the questions were so complicated, I couldn't follow them. The moderators talked more than the candidates, and they argued with the candidates.
They asked about extending the payroll tax cuts- they lost me, I think they are referring to the Bush tax cuts, not sure. Luckily Romney knew what they were asking about. He did good, although his stance on China worries me. We need to compete with China, not try to punish them imo. We manipulate our currency too.

Payroll tax cuts are not the same as the Bush tax cuts. It is a cut implemented which allows you more take home pay.

On the China issue, they are manipulating their currency which is the same as stealing from us. It costs this country a lot of money each year and it also has lost us a lot of jobs, especially in states like Michigan. They probably understand the need to stop it more than anyone. The answer is not to just let them continue on their merry way. China does not want to end our relationship, but they need to not be allowed to cheat.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I am honestly starting to feel sorry for him. There is something wrong with him. It's sort of sad.
He had a senior moment. However there were other times he tried to think of words and couldn't but substituted it with something else. Once time he meant to say the word "consequences" and he said "efforts" instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections