Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
The Pulaski (Wisconsin) High School Marching Band weighs in:

Daily Kos: Pulaski WI Marching Band 'Sticking to the Union' in Rose Bowl Parade (Update)
Oh, that was freakin' awesome! Thanks for posting that.

I actually got chills a little bit watching and listening to them - but I love marching bands, anyway.

Unfortunately, I wonder how many people actually knew what song they were playing, though.

Good for those kids! I'd like to know, too, who chose the song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wow, what a surprise... a public employee union member (band director) forces his students to perform pro-union propaganda.

Wonder if he'll get fired for that. The school district has already had to walk it back...
Pulaski schools refute making political statement with Rose Parade song - TODAY'S TMJ4
And you know he forced them.....how?

Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And you know he forced them.....how?
He's the teacher; they're the students. The students do not call the shots.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
The recall is most certainly going to happen!

Quote:
Signature gatherers are closing in on the 540,208 voters they need to force Walker back on the ballot, according to Mahaffey. That number represents a quarter of the votes cast when Walker was elected in 2010. To help stave off signature challenges, organizers are aiming for 722,077 signatures, Mahaffey said. The deadline for filing signatures is Jan. 17
Wisconsin recall effort races against deadline

Old 01-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The recall is most certainly going to happen!

Wisconsin recall effort races against deadline
Excellent.

Talk about a "thug."

Old 01-07-2012, 08:35 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Everytime I read about the thousands of jobs that other states have now to build the railroads that Walker refused.....and returned the millions of dollars already allocated to Wisconsin to build one here ...I want to cry. No wonder we are at the very bottom of the list of states when it comes to new jobs and at the top of the list for jobs lost. And still people think Walker is good for Wisconsin?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Looks like that corrupt election board will now be required to actually CHECK if signatures/addresses are valid.

Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials - JSOnline

Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials

They best get a LOT more than 540,000.

Quote:
Everytime I read about the thousands of jobs that other states have now to build the railroads that Walker refused.....and returned the millions of dollars already allocated to Wisconsin to build one here ...I want to cry.
ALL borrowed money. How would your state PAY for their share to build the rail no one will likely use? Let me guess - raise taxes!

You should be thanking Walker on bended knee. He has balanced your budget, without raising taxes. Property taxes have been lowered across the state, unless you happen to be in one of those districts beholden to the unions that RUSHED to finalize those lucrative union contracts before Walker's reform went into effect. There were no layoffs and another big plus? Teachers that don't want to pay union dues no longer have to. They have a CHOICE....you like choices, don't you?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Looks like that corrupt election board will now be required to actually CHECK if signatures/addresses are valid.

Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials - JSOnline

Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials

They best get a LOT more than 540,000.

ALL borrowed money. How would your state PAY for their share to build the rail no one will likely use? Let me guess - raise taxes!

You should be thanking Walker on bended knee. He has balanced your budget, without raising taxes. Property taxes have been lowered across the state, unless you happen to be in one of those districts beholden to the unions that RUSHED to finalize those lucrative union contracts before Walker's reform went into effect.
Validating signatures is RACIST!!! Attention WI goons, Scott Walker is the best thing to happen to your state since the invention of cheese. Just shut up and step aside so he can continue to fix the problems that you created.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
My goodness, they looking for another beat down?

They've LOST every single one so far - all referendums on Walker.

See, the people in WI are now seeing the FRUITS of Walker's reforms, namely more money in the coffers because he did away with the corruption of the unions. Less tax hikes. Now the former (?) union members are paying more for THEIR OWN pensions and HC, but they still aren't paying a fair share.

And the teachers, when given a CHOICE about dues, choose NOT to pay anymore.

Good luck to them getting the 540,000 signatures.

Thank you. WI had much more than "luck" getting those signatures, they had determination from the citizens of WI to recall the loser!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
walker will be RE-ELECTED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections