Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 05:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,910,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Neither of the links you posted have the actual poll results, I posted the wpr actual poll which gives no polling data.
What is this then? This looks like actual polling data to me.

Recall - Governor
If a recall election were held for Governor Scott Walker today, would you vote to remove him from office, or would you vote to keep him in office?

-------------------------------Spring 11-----------------------Fall 11
Remove From Office ............. 47%.................................58%
Keep In Office ......................48%......................... ........38%
Not Sure................................5%............ .......................4%
Refused.................................1%........ ...........................0%

http://wpr.org/announce/survey1111/2011f-survey-1.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 05:50 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,876,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What is this then? This looks like actual polling data to me.

Recall - Governor
If a recall election were held for Governor Scott Walker today, would you vote to remove him from office, or would you vote to keep him in office?

-------------------------------Spring 11-----------------------Fall 11
Remove From Office ............. 47%.................................58%
Keep In Office ......................48%......................... ........38%
Not Sure................................5%............ .......................4%
Refused.................................1%........ ...........................0%

http://wpr.org/announce/survey1111/2011f-survey-1.pdf
Those are poll results, I'm talking about polling data like how the people were selected, how it's weighted, things like that. Not just the poor info they list on that pdf. document. I also noticed that the source is well known for slanted poll results, how interesting.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Those are poll results, I'm talking about polling data like how the people were selected, how it's weighted, things like that. Not just the poor info they list on that pdf. document. I also noticed that the source is well known for slanted poll results, how interesting.
I am sure you look for that before you look at any poll.

You can bet your derriere that Walker is paying attention to this poll!

BTW, the people were probably selected at random and their responses weighted equally.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:

BTW, the people were probably selected at random and their responses weighted equally.
And I'm sure if the numbers weren't in your favor you would dismiss the results like anything else you don't like. I'm not saying the poll is wrong, I'm just saying that it may not be a fair representation of the people of WI, we won't find out the results of that until the recall... that is if labor unions can gather enough signatures from homeless and dead people.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,362,325 times
I hope Walker can stay in office. But labor from across the country will be against him. I don't think there should be unionized government workers, although I support private worker unions. FDR agreed with me.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 PM

89,596 posts, read 45,236,649 times
Quote:
And you preach unbiased sources in your posts. Look at who conducted this poll. LOL!
Quote:
Pollster Douglas E. Schoen oversaw the poll in Wisconsin, as well as ones in nine other states, for the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, a New York group that says it promotes free-market principles and individual responsibility. The Wisconsin results were released by the John K. MacIver Institute, which has a similar mission.
New poll reflects divide on bargaining limits - JSOnline
Um... the problem with individual responsibility is... what?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,803,032 times
Quote:

You have to look at who was polled to assess it's validity. You can't select people at random, you have to weigh them by historic voting trends. Suppose the "random" people you selected were all Democrats?

Any poll will give you a breakdown of the respondents affiliation. Some people have zero idea how to read a poll.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You have to look at who was polled to assess it's validity. You can't select people at random, you have to weigh them by historic voting trends. Suppose the "random" people you selected were all Democrats?

Any poll will give you a breakdown of the respondents affiliation. Some people have zero idea how to read a poll.
I actually started to post all of that but I figured it would be like trying to teach my dog how to shop on Amazon or eBay.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:53 PM

Does Walker ever tell the truth??? He is talking about waste of money for recall elections and the people spoke at the last election; well, it's amazing that he obtained his elected job in Milwaukee through a recall and had this ad supporting recalls:

"It was really amazing, you saw people standing up shoulder to shoulder, neighbor to neighbor and saying, 'We want our government back.' And in doing so, the real emotion on display was hope. And today I see a lot of the same emotions on display here in Wisconsin and all across our great country." - Scott Walker

Taking Our Government Back - YouTube!

Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,599,817 times
Walker's days are numbered:

Walker recall coalition: 105K signatures gathered - chicagotribune.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections