Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron Paul is the only one Obama and his puppet masters are scared to death to debate.

Truth wins over lies, every time. Obama would be toast in short order.
I suspect they don't want to debate Gingrich either, but for different reasons.

Paul would likely not stand up well in debates. However, I would rather have a POTUS who is committed to the best interests of our country and to the US Constitution rather than the smooth talking liar-snakeoil salesman we have in Obama.

I'd love to see him pick Dr. Thomas E. Woods for a VP candidate. A debate between Woods/Biden would be priceless; and, not in a good way for Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:02 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Paul would likely not stand up well in debates.

That is why he wins all the debates ... Right?

Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That is why he wins all the debates ... Right?
Specifically with Obama. I was speaking to style, not content. By content Paul will always win. Sadly the type of voter who is drawn to Obama and some of the RINO's is the American Idol style voter.

We don't really have "debates" in this country. Rather, we have televised "gotcha" moments.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:19 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,340,832 times
We need the kind of cuts that Paul is talking about. I'm a little leery about becoming isolationist in a world where Islamic terrorism is so prevalent. I can't see stopping support for Israel. I do agree with bringing home many of our forces in Europe and Japan. I would pull the lever in a second for Paul over Obama.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,251,373 times
The only thing that makes the Cult of Paul marginally less aggravating than the Cult of Obama is that the latter was actually electable and got elected.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
We need the kind of cuts that Paul is talking about. I'm a little leery about becoming isolationist in a world where Islamic terrorism is so prevalent. I can't see stopping support for Israel. I do agree with bringing home many of our forces in Europe and Japan. I would pull the lever in a second for Paul over Obama.
By the numbers, in another generation Europe will most likely fall to Islam. Paul understands that our military is spread way too thin and continuing to waste our resources both in human lives of our military members, and in money, makes our country less secure, not moreso.

Paul also recognizes that our "support" of Israel has been as harmful to its security as it has been helpful. Israel is weaker for our meddling in her affairs. Now, with Obama against Israel, she is beginning to find her legs and the fire in her belly to maintain her freedom against hostile Islamic aggression.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Specifically with Obama. I was speaking to style, not content. By content Paul will always win. Sadly the type of voter who is drawn to Obama and some of the RINO's is the American Idol style voter.

We don't really have "debates" in this country. Rather, we have televised "gotcha" moments.

I've said this before. Politics and political debates have become more like watching a football game, or a reality tv show! It has become showbiz! Hey showbiz is great, but when it comes down to leading the country, I want the candidate who is all about doing what is right, and not just trying to look good in front of the camera.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:07 PM

515 posts, read 717,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I vote Republican and many of my fellow Republicans laugh at the mention of Ron Paul.

But pretty much everything Paul stands for is what they want. Not everything, but many important things.

I wonder what would happen if they read his words, not knowing who said them, and then said if they liked the candidate or not. I think even some Republicans get swayed by the talking heads.

There is no way I will ever vote for Romney, I would rather die than pull the lever for that mess we have in office now, I am not impressed with Perry...don't trust him, Cain I was ok with although I still don't understand his 999 plan and I really am tired of having politicians in office who cannot keep their damn hands to themselves, (if the allegations are true), Gingrich seems to be taking it half seriously, the rest of them...who are they? (Rhetorical question.)

The only one who stands for things I stand for a larger percentage of the time, the only one who has NOT changed his stance in the entire time he's served, the only one who is consistent and the one the media "laughs off" is Ron Paul.

I do not agree with everything he stands for but I agree with some of important issues he stands for. And the more I hear from him and read about him, the more I think about the issues I don't agree with and think, "Well, I'll remain open minded enough to think about them" instead of just saying, "Nope, no, sorry, no, don't agree at all, no, don't wanna hear it".

For example: I used to hate his foreign policy but ya know, I'm about tired of us going around the world and helping people, bailing people out and cozying up with one enemy to spite another enemy....screw the lot of 'em. Let's take care of our own.

Pretty much all other candidates are nothing more than the same old tired garbage we have now. It's all b.s. and lies and I cannot believe that ANYONE would vote for more of the same.
Except for the bit about Cain (he set off my "creep radar" very early), I could have written this exact same post!

More and more of the folk I know (mostly Republican voters) are now talking seriously about Dr Paul. They variously describe him as "honest", "wise", "no nonsense" and a "real patriot".

Seems to me that those are the exact qualities we need to lead us out of this unholy mess we are now in. He's sure got my vote.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
The lame stream media, GOP and Dems are scared as hell and they should be.

Despite media blackout Ron Paul will be the next POTUS

Ron Paul is the last hope for the common man and for America. Let's shock the world and take our country back! Get the word out that Ron Paul is the only person qualified to be POTUS.

It's sure fun to watch the spin but it's not going to change the outcome that we want for America. Every vote counts!

Ron Paul! America's last chance!
Good grief
if Ron Paul is our last chance, I am going to shoot myself!
I have a better chance of being president than Ron Paul!!
Lord, give it a rest, this guy has been running for president for how many years??
His polices would kill us all
Gosh, Obama would be better, now what does that say of how I have come to loathe Ron Paul, mainly because of his followers!!!
No need to get any more words out, they ARE out!!
GAG******

Old 11-16-2011, 03:13 PM

515 posts, read 717,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Good grief
if Ron Paul is our last chance, I am going to shoot myself!
I have a better chance of being president than Ron Paul!!
Lord, give it a rest, this guy has been running for president for how many years??
His polices would kill us all
Gosh, Obama would be better, now what does that say of how I have come to loathe Ron Paul, mainly because of his followers!!!
No need to get any more words out, they ARE out!!
GAG******
Is that a promise?????????? Whoa! One less dem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections