Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,466,427 times

Advertisements

Just a quick question: Even if Ron Paul becomes president, how will he totally change the US with the current congress? How will he function as the executive branch? Will the millions who disagree with his ideas remain silent while he changes the country from the foundation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,888,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Good grief
if Ron Paul is our last chance, I am going to shoot myself!
I have a better chance of being president than Ron Paul!!
Lord, give it a rest, this guy has been running for president for how many years??
His polices would kill us all
Gosh, Obama would be better, now what does that say of how I have come to loathe Ron Paul, mainly because of his followers!!!
No need to get any more words out, they ARE out!!
GAG******

Winston Churchill also tried and failed many elections before he finally won - in his old age.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,625 times
Paul's greatest asset is also his greatest weakness. As someone else pointed out, up until now general election candidates have always had to come to the center in some fashion.

Paul strikes me as someone who is unwilling to compromise in any fashion.

Assuming you are in agreement with Paul this is an awesome concept. Most other politicians will sell out in one way or another.

However, if there are some things that you disagree with Paul on.... good luck.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Really? So you're currently in a statistical deadheat in Iowa with the "front runners" and in second place in New Hampshire? That's interesting, the media black out of you must be even more powerful than the black out of Ron Paul...

As for his policies "killing us all" it's interesting that you say that yet support the status quo. If Obama gets reelected or Romney gets elected and our country continues down this path to destruction I want to know if you think that would ending up killing quite a few of us? It's laughable and the height of absurdity that you think a man who is pro peace, free markets, limited government, and freedom would "kill us all" yet you are comfortable with the status quo loving blood thirsty war mongering statists that are in the race aside from Paul. Do you really think more war and more fiat currency is the road to peace and prosperity? My god we're living in "1984" where war really is peace.
Speaking of New Hampshire
New Hampshire wakes up to Obama's alleged Social Security fraud
God Bless em.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Just a quick question: Even if Ron Paul becomes president, how will he totally change the US with the current congress? How will he function as the executive branch? Will the millions who disagree with his ideas remain silent while he changes the country from the foundation?
The President controls troops, Ron Paul will bring them home and not commit any more troops unless our security/border is threatened. Tons of money saved there that will be used to honor commitments to social programs.
The president is far more powerful than Congress because that branch oversteps their authority and issues executive orders at will. Originally it was set up to use in emergency situations. Example we are attacked and can't wait for Congress to convene.
Check this website out, it lists executive orders from past presidents. Amazing all the power the President has. Ron Paul has said he won't use them except to reverse unconstitutional executive orders by past Presidents. He's a man of his word, one of the few in Congress. no surprises from him, you always know where he stands.
Presidential Executive Orders

Congress appropriates the money, the president spends it. The president directs what isn't earmarked. If 100 billion goes to the Dept of Education, remember it is the president that appoints the Head of that Department who shares the same vision as the president.
Another reason to have more earmarks as those are transparent and are easy to see where the money goes. If your representative earmarks money for something ridiculous at least you and the locals can vote that person out. Easier to make your voice heard at the local level.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Paul's greatest asset is also his greatest weakness. As someone else pointed out, up until now general election candidates have always had to come to the center in some fashion.

Assuming you are in agreement with Paul this is an awesome concept. Most other politicians will sell out in one way or another.

Compromise brought us slavery. Look how bad that turned out.
Congress doesn't need to direct our lives. Why should California tell Utah what to do? Why does someone in Washington DC know how to educate the children better in Oregon than the people in Oregon themselves?

Ron Paul believes in states rights. Local control is always best. The one size fits all ineffective Federal government hasn't worked. Its just another layer of government that costs us more money and slows down the process. You can't make change that way.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post

this has been my point from day one, along with a few other issues. He would have trouble getting the support from either side as he is very inflexable. Most of us realize in a realistic world there is give and take and we have to learn to fight the fights that are worth fighting and winable. He wants everything his way..This is just my opinion of how he feels and I don't see how it will make him a winner.

Nita

Old 11-17-2011, 05:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Winston Churchill also tried and failed many elections before he finally won - in his old age.
Winston Churchill was not nearly 77 when he fianlly won, try about 10 years younger? In fact he had almost retired by the time he was paul's age.

Nita

Old 11-17-2011, 05:57 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,648 times
Default Ron Paul will be the next POTUS!

Really?

I suppose he has a better shot than say, John Edwards. But not a whole lot better.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:09 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,180,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this has been my point from day one, along with a few other issues. He would have trouble getting the support from either side as he is very inflexable. Most of us realize in a realistic world there is give and take and we have to learn to fight the fights that are worth fighting and winable. He wants everything his way..This is just my opinion of how he feels and I don't see how it will make him a winner.

Nita
How is he want thing his way or the highway? He is just following the rules of the land, which is the constitution, and treat everyone on the same standard.

This is what is wrong with this country. There are too many "deals" and because of these "deals", we have class warfare. One set of rule for you, one set of rule for him, and another set for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections