Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,900,657 times

Advertisements

Hot on the heels of his debate "senior moment," Goodhair decides to one-up himself by making two major stupid flubs in the same sentence. According to Rick you have to be 21 to vote, and election day is Monday, November 12th, 2012.

He really is Dubya without the brains, isn't he? What an idiot.

Oops. Rick Perry doesn't know the legal voting age | Trail Blazers Blog | dallasnews.com

Last edited by Bo; 11-30-2011 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Moved from Texas forum. Too many of the replies discussed pols who aren't in/from Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 06:51 PM

198 posts, read 499,723 times
He's like God here in Texas, though.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,983,409 times
This is one more instance of Perry being an embarrasment to Texas, whether individual Texans choose to acknowledge that reality or not. What anyone outside the state thinks is: "what were you people thinking when you elected and re-elected this moron?" Perry came to the throne before I moved from Texas. People I knew who had personal dealings with him described him in terms of a compound word that is a crude expression for anus (since C-D forum will turn the correct word into a bunch of asterisks). As far as I can tell from afar, he has become more and more grotesque in the years since I left the State -- which puts me in the same category of people asking, "Why did you people keep putting this guy in office?" At least I think we can now be assured that he won't be re-elected to the governorship again and that his political career will likely be done for within the next few months.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,851,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
At least I think we can now be assured that he won't be re-elected to the governorship again and that his political career will likely be done for within the next few months.
Why do you think that?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:36 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times
He just got all frazzled, because he kept thinking about how cool the motto "Live free or Die" was.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,481,358 times
To be fair, even though I don't like Rick Perry, people do misspeak and forget things. The problem with Rick Perry is that he is always saying something stupid. After a certain point, you have to wonder if any of the excuses I listed even apply to him.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
The way I see it, Perry hasn't said anything any dumber than Obama has & that jerk has a teleprompter in front of him at all times which BTW he has the lowest presidential approval rating this far into his term than ANY president has EVER had...43% I believe is the latest number.

Perry would get my vote over our current campaigner in chief in a New York minute.

To the OP:

Why are you trolling in the Texas forums anyways when you are from Colorado?

Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,900,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The way I see it, Perry hasn't said anything any dumber than Obama has & that jerk has a teleprompter in front of him at all times which BTW he has the lowest presidential approval rating this far into his term than ANY president has EVER had...43% I believe is the latest number.

Perry would get my vote over our current campaigner in chief in a New York minute.

To the OP:

Why are you trolling in the Texas forums anyways when you are from Colorado?
I lived in Dallas for 12 years before returning to Colorado this summer. For the record, I wouldn't vote for Goodhair if he were the only candidate on the ballot. He's a moron.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I lived in Dallas for 12 years before returning to Colorado this summer. For the record, I wouldn't vote for Goodhair if he were the only candidate on the ballot. He's a moron and his college transcripts from A&M prove it.
Likewise. Never have, never will.

I figure he's showing how he holds up under pressure, which is an indicator of how he'd hold up under pressure of the office, and his performance thusfar is not reassuring.

Again, do you really want someone in the White House with their finger on the button who feels in imminent danger if a coyote stares at him when he yells at it? Really? Frankly, the idea of that makes ME feel in imminent danger.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,845,243 times
Default Our own Governor doesn't know the U.S. voting age

Rick Perry quote “Those of you that will be 21 by November the 12th, I ask for your support and your vote. Those of you that won’t be, just work hard,” Perry said at a town hall at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at St. Anselm’s."

I am ashamed Rick Perry is the Gov. of the state of Texas. You can't be serious for crying out loud most americans know the legal age to vote is 18 years old and this guy is a career politician.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...election-date/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections