Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,287,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Sounds like the lead into a bad joke! ...
Isn't that what this election is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 03:43 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,833,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don't think Ron Paul will be winning SC.
Like wise........Romney / Gingrich together are polling over 60%....Paul and Santorum both around 15, not sure how any one does the math for a Paul victory.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:47 PM

791 posts, read 461,139 times
Paul will finish 3rd in SC behind Newt and Romney. The race though, is between Paul and Romney, neither of the other 2 are even on the ballot in at least 3 states.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times
Yeah, the truth is anyone who casts their vote for Gingrich or Santorum will be throwing their votes away. Just like everyone who voted for Huntsman in NH ... the anybody but Romney crowd really only have one viable option, and the anyone but Paul crowd as well.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,106,973 times
I noticed Newt stopped saying I'll do this and I'll do that and started saying we'll do this and we'll do that.

maybe in his heart he knows he's got no shot.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,682,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
I noticed Newt stopped saying I'll do this and I'll do that and started saying we'll do this and we'll do that.

maybe in his heart he knows he's got no shot.

He has a heart?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
Paul will finish 3rd in SC behind Newt and Romney. The race though, is between Paul and Romney, neither of the other 2 are even on the ballot in at least 3 states.
I've been saying Gingrich and Romney aren't on the ballot in three states for weeks! It is a shame at least the talk radio listeners are dumb enough to vote for them.

Hopefully though, since polls show Paul so strong against Obama AND that they showed he creamed everyone in both debates, that enough SC voters will have the sense to vote for him.

One of the ads he is running here has a clip of Sen De Mint saying the media says bad things about Ron Paul but they are wrong and people should LISTEN to Ron Paul. I'm keeping fingers crossed that they will and vote accordingly tomorrow. In fact I wish I could clone myself and be at each voting place holding a sign saying, "Don't waste your vote! Gingrich and Santorum on the ballots in three states and are unelectable!"

Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 PM

791 posts, read 461,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I've been saying Gingrich and Romney aren't on the ballot in three states for weeks! It is a shame at least the talk radio listeners are dumb enough to vote for them.

Hopefully though, since polls show Paul so strong against Obama AND that they showed he creamed everyone in both debates, that enough SC voters will have the sense to vote for him.

One of the ads he is running here has a clip of Sen De Mint saying the media says bad things about Ron Paul but they are wrong and people should LISTEN to Ron Paul. I'm keeping fingers crossed that they will and vote accordingly tomorrow. In fact I wish I could clone myself and be at each voting place holding a sign saying, "Don't waste your vote! Gingrich and Santorum on the ballots in three states and are unelectable!"
How many friends you got, that's a GREAT idea!!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,299,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
How many friends you got, that's a GREAT idea!!
Votes for Gingrich in SC won't hurt. They'll keep Romney from getting delegates, and that's a good thing, not a bad one.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Votes for Gingrich in SC won't hurt. They'll keep Romney from getting delegates, and that's a good thing, not a bad one.
Yes, but getting the anybody but Romney crowd to realize that Gingrich and Santorum are literally unelectable because they are not even on the ballots in three states might also make them vote for Paul, which is even better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections