Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:59 PM

535 posts, read 586,093 times

Advertisements

Ron had a great debate tonight. He will gain a lot from this debate. He was on ANOTHER LEVEL, than the other candidates. Listen to his responses on abortion/morality and foreign trade, and some others. There are very miniscule times when any other candidate says something so brilliantly that it resembles inherent truth. You know, when someone says something that you haven't heard put in that way before or even thought about it like that, but when you hear it, you know it is right. Ron Paul did that tonight. And he did it on CSPAN when at the college in South Carolina speaking to the youth vote.

Rick had a decent debate tonight, other than the times Ron absolutely made him look "overly sensitive" (lmao). Rick did a good job at bringing down Newt Romney. Almost as good as Bachman did when she kept calling them Newt Romney.

Mitt had a fair debate, but I think he will lose some votes after tonight, b.c the attacks on him by Rick were productive.

Newt was just fair as well, I'm sure most conservatives get turned off every time he talks about growing gov't in regards to immigration. Really, how many thousands of gov't jobs would need to be created to do his plan? I don't think he lost or gained many votes tonight.

That being said, if Newt Romney Santorum get around 24% of the votes each, that leaves about 26% for Ron, and 1% other.

Paul's Poll numbers are almost always lower than the % he gets b.c his biggest voting block is from those under 30, who most of them don't own home phones.

Lastly, even if he doesn't win South Carolina, he has already gotten the message of liberty to enough people for a real paradigm shift of the US conscious. Men wear suits, ideas wear men.

Ron Paul Highlights of 1/19/2012 CNN Debate - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 11:01 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,099,011 times
"Men wear suits, ideas wear men."

Indeed

Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,089,182 times
Based on all the polls I've seen, I would not expect anything near a win but he will probably outperform expectations. Ron Paul will not be the nominee, although look at how much more prominent he is in debates. The other candidates are actually attacking him, they just ignored him four years ago. And he even fights back, whereas last time he just spoke about his ideas. In other words, him and his beliefs/ideals have become a part of the GOP mainstream, which I would say is a victory in and of itself for the Ron Paul faction of the Republican Party

Old 01-19-2012, 11:22 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwhoyouthinkiam View Post
Ron had a great debate tonight. He will gain a lot from this debate. He was on ANOTHER LEVEL, than the other candidates. Listen to his responses on abortion/morality and foreign trade, and some others. There are very miniscule times when any other candidate says something so brilliantly that it resembles inherent truth. You know, when someone says something that you haven't heard put in that way before or even thought about it like that, but when you hear it, you know it is right. Ron Paul did that tonight. And he did it on CSPAN when at the college in South Carolina speaking to the youth vote.

Rick had a decent debate tonight, other than the times Ron absolutely made him look "overly sensitive" (lmao). Rick did a good job at bringing down Newt Romney. Almost as good as Bachman did when she kept calling them Newt Romney.

Mitt had a fair debate, but I think he will lose some votes after tonight, b.c the attacks on him by Rick were productive.

Newt was just fair as well, I'm sure most conservatives get turned off every time he talks about growing gov't in regards to immigration. Really, how many thousands of gov't jobs would need to be created to do his plan? I don't think he lost or gained many votes tonight.

That being said, if Newt Romney Santorum get around 24% of the votes each, that leaves about 26% for Ron, and 1% other.

Paul's Poll numbers are almost always lower than the % he gets b.c his biggest voting block is from those under 30, who most of them don't own home phones.

Lastly, even if he doesn't win South Carolina, he has already gotten the message of liberty to enough people for a real paradigm shift of the US conscious. Men wear suits, ideas wear men.

Ron Paul Highlights of 1/19/2012 CNN Debate - YouTube
Thank you for posting this! Paul was at his finest tonight. He expressed himself clearly and with pizazz! I love it when he smiles. Great moment when he got Santorum for being overly "sensitive." I agree with you on the other candidate's performance; although I think Newt was the definite loser tonight.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 PM

535 posts, read 586,093 times
an amazing local news video in south carolina

OTM - LOCAL NEWS ON RON PAUL"It's less of a campaign and more of a REVOLUTION" - YouTube

Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,742,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Thank you for posting this! Paul was at his finest tonight. He expressed himself clearly and with pizazz! I love it when he smiles. Great moment when he got Santorum for being overly "sensitive." I agree with you on the other candidate's performance; although I think Newt was the definite loser tonight.
I'd say the debate winners and losers looks like this:
1.) Ron Paul
2.) Rick Santorum
3.) Mitt Romney
4.) Newt Gingrich

Wait, I thought Newtie was super-duper awesome at debates. How did that happen?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,174,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
1.) Ron Paul
2.) Rick Santorum
3.) Mitt Romney
4.) Newt Gingrich

But Newt got two standing ovations tonight alone...lol. This hateful, sniping rhetoric of his with the media is a huge hit with the Tea Party types and I hear the audience was full of them tonight and last debate. I think Santorum comes across as too angry actually also and he lies about the facts, which I do not like no matter who does it. I did enjoy his little history lesson on Newt, just because the look on Newt's face was priceless.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:44 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,099,011 times
Im a Tea Party "Type"

Old 01-19-2012, 11:53 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
1.) Ron Paul
2.) Rick Santorum
3.) Mitt Romney
4.) Newt Gingrich

LOL!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:45 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,742,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
But Newt got two standing ovations tonight alone...lol. This hateful, sniping rhetoric of his with the media is a huge hit with the Tea Party types and I hear the audience was full of them tonight and last debate. I think Santorum comes across as too angry actually also and he lies about the facts, which I do not like no matter who does it. I did enjoy his little history lesson on Newt, just because the look on Newt's face was priceless.
Newt got beat up on by Santorum and Romney tonight.

But it was throwing a tantrum to start the debate because somebody had the audacity bring up his personal life that seals it. Temper tantrum = FAIL!

His PAC has gone after Romney and others on their personal life issues and he's sung the same song, saying it's fair play, valid and besides Obama would have brought it up anyways.

The underlying thing is that it was Newt Gingrich more than any other person on this planet that firmly established marital fidelity as a political issue that matters. So Newtie can dish it out but he can't take it.

This was a massively pro-Newt crowd, but he gradually lost them as the night went on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections