Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 03:22 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,987,405 times

Advertisements

What the WH should have done is simple: The Health Care Act should have mandated that. in order to maintain the priveleged tax exempt status Employer Health Insurance has, they have to provide A, B, C, D, ....

Than each org could exercise their free choice of complying with the act, or paying employer taxes on the value of the Health Insurance not in compliance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Women can buy all they want; they have been able to do that for years.

What is putting them at risk is THEM having to pay for it I guess.
They could buy it yesterday with their own money but not now; they will be dying in the streets if they don't get fully-paid-for-by-someone else birth control now.

Heck, just go to any public school and ask for a condom if you are that desperate.
This is all politics Obama is running away from his failed record and into a culture war. he knew he was bothering a bee hive. distraction from his record smoke and mirrors look here don't look there that is what Obama is all about. the republican candidates should just keep pointing at his miserable record forget the distractions, let the church defend its self they are perfectly able to!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,577,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Women had access to birth control before Obama's mandate.
They weren't dying in the streets before this mandate kicked in.

And religion hasn't stopped them before so why would it now ?
Individuals are the ones getting the birth control, not the institutions objecting to the mandate. Has nothing to do with the GOP because Obamacare passed even though no one knew what exactly it was that passed.
It seems to me the Catholic church knew this was coming.

You'd think as a resident of Texas you would see why this legislation is so important. I know i certainly do.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:31 PM

If the GOP runs on a fiscally conservative campaign, Romney can win. If they run on social conservatism mainly, then Obama will win easier this time, than in 2008. With 14 plus million unemployed, and a U6 where 1 in 7 Americans are either unemployed, or under-employed, moving towards social conservatism is a GOP suicide mission, and an Obama late Christmas present.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It seems to me the Catholic church knew this was coming.

You'd think as a resident of Texas you would see why this legislation is so important. I know i certainly do.
Which legislation ? The mandated coverage for birth control ?
Heck, the ones that need it more than likely don't have ANY INSURANCE.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, and most Christians sects have no issue with contraception. Even most Catholics have no issue with contraception. Thus, this poll is meaningless to the issue.
I see you STILL don't get it. This isn't about contraception (even though obama and the Left would like it to be), its about religious freedom and whether the POGarbage president can DICTATE to the church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
According to Obama's compromise, the institution's plan will not be providing the contraception care, the insurance cos directly with the patient will.
Oh...its OK with you for obama DICTATING to the insurance companies they must cover the cost.

Is obama a king, dictator, tyrant?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 PM

While social conservs whine abour dictates, the discussion of the economy takes the back stage. Smart move by the WH to keep this going, and keep the economy out of view.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
While social conservs whine abour dictates, the discussion of the economy takes the back stage. Smart move by the WH to keep this going, and keep the economy out of view.
Haha...you think he planned this? A war on religion? You're reading too much of trigtruffer Sullivan.

That must be why the WH was desperate to find a "compromise", no matter how fake.

Don't you worry one bit, HIS record will be front and center for the campaign.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:46 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I see you STILL don't get it. This isn't about contraception (even though obama and the Left would like it to be), its about religious freedom and whether the POGarbage president can DICTATE to the church.

Oh...its OK with you for obama DICTATING to the insurance companies they must cover the cost.

Is obama a king, dictator, tyrant?
he is the messiah the king the dictator and in the end the tyrant. oh useful idiot when will they learn!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:51 PM

sanrene, I suspect some in campaign staff saw it coming, and are smiling all the way to the next polls. I do not think BO planned it, but I do think his campaign staff is complicit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections