Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,340,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes, and Republican candidates should say and stand for what they truly believe and not try to pull the wool over the eyes of the voters by changing their views depending on which state they are speaking in. Santorum is a kook in my book, but I will give him props for being the most honest person in the Republican primary.
I can see him getting the Catholic vote away from Obama especially now that Obama is forcing Catholics to pay for others birth control, abortions etc.

I guess anyone who believes in God these days is a kook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I can see him getting the Catholic vote away from Obama especially now that Obama is forcing Catholics to pay for others birth control, abortions etc.

I guess anyone who believes in God these days is a kook.
Catholics are not monolithic. Many use contraception and many disagree with the church's stand on contraception. Being an American Catholic is something of quandary for many. Santorum is on the fringe in the Catholic church as much as he is in American society.

BTW, you are distorting the facts. The DOH decision said non-church entities where employees are not required to be church members like hospitals must offer insurance policies that cover contraception. Abortion has nothing do to with it. You know it. Why say otherwise?

Old 02-07-2012, 01:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,340,832 times
Quote:
Catholics are not monolithic. Many use contraception and many disagree with the church's stand on contraception. Being an American Catholic is something of quandary for many. Santorum is on the fringe in the Catholic church as much as he is in American society.

BTW, you are distorting the facts. The DOH decision said non-church entities where employees are not required to be church members like hospitals must offer insurance policies that cover contraception. Abortion has nothing do to with it. You know it. Why say otherwise?
You must know that Catholics consider the morning after pill to be abortion so why distort the issue.
And we are talking about Catholic hospitals and schools that are an essential part of the church.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
This could be a really big night for Santorum. He could win MN, MO, and Colorado today. Not much in the way of delegates but the press he would get for sweeping three states would be priceless.
I seriously doubt he'll win here in Colorado. There are a lot of Mormons here, and a lot of fundamentalist Christians who don't like Catholocism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Mitt brought this on himself. The campaign was very positive and united against Obama until Mitt used his super pacs to slime Gingrich in Iowa and feigned innocence about the whole thing. That was when Gingrich put out "King of Bain" and the whole thing got negative.

That truly was a fortunate turn of events.
Well, I thought it was about time they talked about the differences amongh themselves instead of bashing Obama day and night. The early debates were sort of a love fest among the Republicans, but it got nastier when the stakes got higher. Only one person can be the nominee.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Saintorium is like O'Tidely. It is really funny to listen to both of them.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:42 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,984,040 times
Santorum makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe the state I was born and raised in is going to let me down like this.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I seriously doubt he'll win here in Colorado. There are a lot of Mormons here, and a lot of fundamentalist Christians who don't like Catholocism.
What has this country come to; voting on religious
preference for a President.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:16 PM

325 posts, read 219,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What has this country come to; voting on religious
preference for a President.
That's the reason the GOP is pumping Santorum. They don't want a Mormon as the nominee and they don't like Gingrich.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
That's the reason the GOP is pumping Santorum. They don't want a Mormon as the nominee and they don't like Gingrich.
Geez, why don't we just call the GOP The Church Party

Old 02-08-2012, 05:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Poll: Minnesota GOP presidential nomination a toss up | Capitol View | Minnesota Public Radio

surprised with this poll to be honest. Im starting to think Santorum would be the best guy to take on Romney
I just think he is too far to the right on social issues. Maybe I am wrong.

I know one thing, I am glad to have a new computer, I missed all this posting the past 4 days, from the crash of my old one to the computer guy installing my new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections