Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:09 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
... The GOP has switched the argument back to the "three G's"- God, guns, 'n gays!!!
Proof indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
... The GOP has switched the argument back to the "three G's"- God, guns, 'n gays!!!

I agree, the Republicans know that their attempt to impede the economic recovery with obstructionist tactics has failed. With things improving, they have no choice but to go to their tried and true - GGG with equal parts racism and a reboot of the fear mongering in hopes of starting another useless war in the Middle East.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
yep, that is our daughter as well: 32 years with the same company, starting as an intern in college, downsized a year after making VP and hasn't worked since Dec except a few consulting jobs. She is close, but no cigar yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica
Tell that to my peaceful, hardworking, highly skilled, highly educated, and unemployed family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What do "conservatives" call people who can't find job in months, much less years?
I know this one! They're lazy bums, drug addicts and welfare queens, sucking off the teat of the federal government, expecting all the hard-working "real" Americans to support them while they lay around all day on their fat asses, smoking pot and and collecting unemployment.

Did I leave anything out?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yep, that is our daughter as well: 32 years with the same company, starting as an intern in college, downsized a year after making VP and hasn't worked since Dec except a few consulting jobs. She is close, but no cigar yet.

Well, according to leading Republicans if your daughter isn't rich she only has herself to blame. Equal opportunity not equal outcomes, right?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
New unemployment claims dropped AGAIN this week to the lowest in four years. It is getting harder and harder to make the claim that the economy is not improving. Reps, though, are famous for denial of the obvious even with the facts staring them in the face. Witness climate change and evolution. I doubt their song will change much, but I agree with the posters that are seeing a change back to the old themes of God, guns etc.
When the government unemployment claims start adding in the people who have run out of benefits then I'll praise the obama plan. Until then...it's smoke and mirrors designed to hide the TRUTH.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
when is the last year the debt ceiling wasn't raised? ignorance? who is being ignorant. this post is comical. You can disagree with Obama's politics all you want, I'm fine with that. But to call others partisan and blind while saying what you said above is just laughable.
Raised by TRILLIONS?? Get a clue and then come back and we'll chat. 'K?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
if new filings for unemployment are down, does that not indicate fewer layoffs?
if private sector hiring is increasing (not quite long enough for calling it a "trend", but getting close), is that not more hiring?
Consumer debt increased in December - which, sadly, is a sign of increased consumer spending.
Incomes have risen slightly, which is another positive sign.

What exactly about those items are artificial recovery? All of this happening while state and local governments continue to cut spending and layoff employees, yet the country is still achieving modest positive growth...no one is saying to be ecstatic about it, but the trend is beginning to reveal itself.
You really are blind aren't you? And that seems to be a TREND with you left wing loons.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:00 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Our next President explained.

Obama, Explained - Magazine - The Atlantic

Old 02-10-2012, 05:33 AM

865 posts, read 676,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What do "conservatives" call people who can't find job in months, much less years?

If you're talking to me, then I don't know your punchline. I don't bundle people into groups. I treat them as individuals.

In fact, I can careless for party loyalty. What was your assumption anyways? If it was just another opinion stereotype, just spare me.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Proof indeed
Another instance of left wingers high 5ng "proof" that is no where other than your imaginary head.

Dont they have medication people can take who see things not there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections