Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,398,678 times

Advertisements

... The GOP has switched the argument back to the "three G's"- God, guns, 'n gays!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 PM

865 posts, read 678,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Proof the Obama Recovery is real...
Tell that to my peaceful, hardworking, highly skilled, highly educated, and unemployed family.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,497,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
... The GOP has switched the argument back to the "three G's"- God, guns, 'n gays!!!
Yep, that is an important clue. When all else fails, fall back on the culture wars.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,514,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Yep, that is an important clue. When all else fails, fall back on the culture wars.
When it comes to constructive, meaningful ideas on how to improve our nation ... one does not look to the GOP. Where are the specifics of Mitt's, or Newt's, or Ron's or Rick's programs to change our government and make things better ... aside from the canned rhetoric? The GOP is bankrupt, when it comes to such ideas. It's a reactionary, extreme segment of our national policy discussions. Listen carefully. Ask questions. And when you have the answers you'll decide that President Obama is the best choice for another term.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,959 times
What the GOP says or doesn't say, silly or insightful, doesn't matter. I hope you're correct, but for the fun of it, let's see where unemployment, the debt, costs of real goods (fuel, food, building materials), housing, and the state of our foreign affairs are in, say July.

Last edited by undfan; 02-08-2012 at 08:54 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
When it comes to constructive, meaningful ideas on how to improve our nation ... one does not look to the GOP. Where are the specifics of Mitt's, or Newt's, or Ron's or Rick's programs to change our government and make things better ... aside from the canned rhetoric? The GOP is bankrupt, when it comes to such ideas. It's a reactionary, extreme segment of our national policy discussions. Listen carefully. Ask questions. And when you have the answers you'll decide that President Obama is the best choice for another term.
You asked. Here you go. With numbers:

RON PAUL "PLAN TO RESTORE AMERICA"*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/ - broken link)

Do you have an Obama plan for 2012 or should I refer to the one from 2008 since he hasn't gotten to it yet?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM

799 posts, read 1,448,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Tell that to my peaceful, hardworking, highly skilled, highly educated, and unemployed family.

I hope that won't be the case for too much longer but all the indicators lead me to believe that we are on a slow road to recovery. Our entire federal government seems pretty clueless about how our economy actually works and the state of our economy is not the biggest issue for most Americans.

I'll go ahead and drop a few examples of how Republicans and Democrats are putting other issues ahead of the recovery.

Republicans are totally against allowing gay marriage that would create more demand for goods and services to help stimulate our economy. Republicans are also against allowing marijuana to be legalized even though it would create a legitimate market to help shrink the black market and stimulate our economy.

Democrats are totally against easing up on any EPA regulations that would encourage more productivity and stimulate our economy. Democrats are also against allowing us to take advantage of certain resources within our borders if it could possibly pose any threat to the environment.

Both parties make up our entire government and neither of them are willing to put the economy first. I've been stressed about the economy since the stimulus was rushed out. Many Americans will have a tough road ahead.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Agreed. The only thing that has really improved is the very real danger of complete economic collapse appears to be subsiding. The economy is barely creating jobs but its not even creating enough to account for population growth, let alone absorbing the unemployed. Many who have jobs are either working part time or jobs way below their skill level making way less than they did prior to 2008.

Has the economy stabilized? Yes. Is it in recovery? Not by a long shot!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,982,532 times
Glad to see Obama's lackeys are finally admitting he owns this sorry economy.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I hope that won't be the case for too much longer but all the indicators lead me to believe that we are on a slow road to recovery. Our entire federal government seems pretty clueless about how our economy actually works and the state of our economy is not the biggest issue for most Americans.

I'll go ahead and drop a few examples of how Republicans and Democrats are putting other issues ahead of the recovery.

Republicans are totally against allowing gay marriage that would create more demand for goods and services to help stimulate our economy. Republicans are also against allowing marijuana to be legalized even though it would create a legitimate market to help shrink the black market and stimulate our economy.

Democrats are totally against easing up on any EPA regulations that would encourage more productivity and stimulate our economy. Democrats are also against allowing us to take advantage of certain resources within our borders if it could possibly pose any threat to the environment.

Both parties make up our entire government and neither of them are willing to put the economy first. I've been stressed about the economy since the stimulus was rushed out. Many Americans will have a tough road ahead.
Obama is putting environmentalists and their agenda ahead of our economy. He is the true "global warming" President. Also raising taxes on the wealthy at this point in time would be extremely disastrous. I am open to the possibility but lets wait until we are prosperous again.

As far as your accusation of Republicans, you do realize gays are only 3% or so of the population? Even fewer would actually get married if it were legal. Gay marriage wont have as big of an impact as you would like to believe. I agree about marijuana though, but that would help the debt problem moreso than it would stimulate the economy. It would create a horde of tax revenue while saving the government the billions it currently spends keeping prisoners for possession of the plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections